Have a wonderfully great job; but

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have a wonderfully great job and the boss is Awesome!  He is a born again Believer.   But yesterday after messing up with some numbers something i am usually good with; will I had 2 pieces of paper this morning which somehow stuck  together it was just to strange of a mistake and after this it all just went downhill, I just really feel like a walking MISTAKE!

Talk to my boss about it; he told me I was being to hard on myself, he liked my work.  I really like the job but like I told him I can’t even tape a box right!

Thinking of talking to the Temp Agency; about getting another job next week.  I dread going in to work tomorrow afraid to see what other mistakes I    will make.

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I dont know how old you are but it sounds like you have a good job. Stay with it unless the Lord says otherwise. Mistakes happen. They will happen with a temp agency too. Only they are not forgiving. 

Its not always easy to find a job. Stay with this one.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Sounds like you are being too hard on yourself to me.  If your boss says he likes your work then that is what matters.  Don't overthink your way out of a good situation.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

A woman I know cried because she felt her job performance was so unconvincing. As she learned more, her comfort and confidence grew, and now she is a permanent light fixture. God will give you what you need; sometimes we must hang in there. God bless you. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi TRlover,

I made a mistake last month at work that involved a contract. I felt bad and apologized to the people involved. I owned up to it and didn't make excuses. However, here is the words of wisdom that was given to me by a very kind leader in our organization. He said that everyone makes mistakes no matter what level of profession you are in and how careful you try to be. He said I was being too hard on myself. He then proceeded to give me examples of people I knew who had made major mistakes and himself included.  This humble man restored helped me to see we are not infallible. You stated you enjoyed your new job and your boss was kind.  I highly encourage you to stick to it.  You will build character, confidence and experience through this. Also, if your boss is a believer that is even better. He knows who is higher "boss" is and will be patient and understanding with the people he works with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Stick with what you've got. Sometimes it can be harder to find a new job than we expect.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have always made mistakes; it is just in the last few days to couple of weeks they have seemed to ballooned  into millions a day.

In all honesty i am dreading going to work today.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

13 hours ago, TRlover said:

I have a wonderfully great job and the boss is Awesome!  He is a born again Believer.   But yesterday after messing up with some numbers something i am usually good with; will I had 2 pieces of paper this morning which somehow stuck  together it was just to strange of a mistake and after this it all just went downhill, I just really feel like a walking MISTAKE!

Talk to my boss about it; he told me I was being to hard on myself, he liked my work.  I really like the job but like I told him I can’t even tape a box right!

Thinking of talking to the Temp Agency; about getting another job next week.  I dread going in to work tomorrow afraid to see what other mistakes I    will make.

You will have the same problem at your next job, if you quit this job. You'd better keep your present job. And you don't have a problem, anyway. You need to build your faith.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 hours ago, TRlover said:

I have a wonderfully great job and the boss is Awesome!

Ideal jobs are hard to come by, and even more difficult in these times to keep. Hang on to it. Making mistakes are normal even under the best of circumstances.  It obviously wasn't a big deal, or your boss would be the first to let you know. Relax. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

TRlover,

I just want to encourage you this morning at work.  Remember TODAY is a NEW day.  What happened yesterday or before doesn't count for today. *Discipline* your mind and put a stop to destructive negative thoughts and just do your best.  You CAN do it!!!  :emot-dance:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1