• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I thought this sounded strange too, but I repeated it, not very wise. I think it was 2 Sundays ago. I use an antenna for TV so it had to be 1 of 3 or 4. I keep thinking it was Joel Osteen, but other possibilities include Doug Batchelor, Charles Stanley, and one other man who's name escapes me. He said something like this, We don't want those people in heaven with us. Does anyone know which TV preacher said it? I'm not sure.

Maybe he said it half in jest, I don't recall. I usually don't listen very attentively to Joel Osteen which is why he's my 1st choice. I pay much closer attention to Charles Stanley who I also think is too conservative to say it. Side Note: 45 yrs ago when I used to come running home on Sunday evenings to pursue my budding new interest in God, Charles Stanley was one of the preachers I watched. He's the only 1 of the 3 still on broadcast TV.  It could also have been Doug Batchelor because he's hardly orthodox, which is why I listen to him. Caution to newbies: don't listen to Doug Batchelor until you know an error in God's Word almost instantly, he says 1 almost weekly. But he also says things the church needs to learn. I mean here that we Americans eat all wrong. We do need to realize this.

I do hope someone else heard this.

6 minutes ago, nzkev said:

I dont get it.

That's obvious. I don't have a problem. I want to know which preacher said this? Although, since I heard it said, I don't think I want to see Hitler in heaven.

I want to know which preacher said this on Sunday morning TV?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, JTC said:

That's obvious. I don't have a problem. I want to know which preacher said this? Although, since I heard it said, I don't think I want to see Hitler in heaven.

I want to know which preacher said this on Sunday morning TV?

Poor, poor Hitler......lol.....alway getting picked on......

7 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Poor, poor Hitler......lol

I trust you know who Hitler was, there was nothing poor about him. Besides all the people he had killed in merciless ways, he was a Satan worshiper. 

17 minutes ago, nzkev said:

you just backed it up that you meant it

You really don't get this. I'd rather not discuss this with newbies around. I want to know which TV preacher said this? nzkev, I doubt you will understand anything I say. Yes, God wants all to come to repentance. But there are people who have lived their entire lives of 60 or more yrs in total rebellion to God and everything He stands for. They can't say they didn't know about God, they knew, they deliberately turned away. I even know a man like this, I've known him since I was 17. I talk of God to him often. Just last month I told him he needs to seek God. So it's not me. A TV preacher said it. Drop this, please.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, JTC said:

But there are people who have lived their entire lives of 60 or more yrs in total rebellion

Matthew 20 
New International Version  Par ▾ 

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard

1“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2He agreed to pay them a denarius a for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

3“About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ 5So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing.6About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

7“ ‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

8“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

9“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius.11When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13“But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Perhaps these preachers might have their own individual websites. I found one for Joel Osteen through Google. Might be able to find something there.

EDIT [redacted]. I was blabbering on pointlessly, I apologize.

Edited by Repose
Posted too much

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, JTC said:

We don't want those people in heaven with us. Does anyone know which TV preacher said it? I'm not sure.

Sounds extremely judgemental. No wonder I don't watch televangelists anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I wonder too brother. And why he said it. But I hope all repent and we see them in heaven. Even Hiltler because Gods grace is big enough for this. It would be Gods glory if he saved the worst.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Repose said:

EDIT [redacted]. I was blabbering on pointlessly, I apologize.

No need for apologies. Perhaps it was a little too much caffeine. :coffee::101:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

It would be Gods glory if he saved the worst.

He does brother, ...I'm the worst!

Lord bless

• Loved it! 1