IGNORED

The world money system, debt and where and what to invest in?

Dirk

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Well most of us know that our current world money system does not make sense because its based on a fiat system - paper money, with actually nothing backing it, the world financial system is actually in a debt down spiral, interestingly enough if we took a look back into biblical times what was the currency people used in the marketplace? was it not silver and gold, does it make sense if i said that we for years have been deprived of wealth because its in the hands of the elite and banks?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,222
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Dirk,

We are in the closing stage of the Body of Christ, so my advice is to invest in people - mentoring others, spending what you have, (time, money, strength, goods, etc) in helping others, especially when the world financial system plunges into chaos soon.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I felt angry about these same things for so many years. I completely know where you're coming from. The worst thing that can happen to us, though, is not to be deprived of wealth through the corrupt world systems, but to deprive ourselves of the best life God has for us by investing our time and effort into things that don't bring real fulfillment. I'm learning all this too, now in my late 30's, trusting that God can "restore... the years that the swarming locust has eaten" (Joel 2:25). 

You're not wrong. But if my experience worrying about those same things means anything, then please don't waste your life concerning yourself with all that. You can fully and completely live the life God wants for you -- a life to prosper you and see you thriving in contentedness and fulfillment -- in spite of all the injustices of the world system.

Peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks, that is true, as the bible does tell us not to worry about the day of tomorrow, the reason i asked the question is because i came across a opportunity to invest in a company that is going to make a big change in the current economic platform. I am for being financially independant and helping others. Please take a bit of time and look in to it. Have a look at this video 

Edited by Steve_S
Removed youtube link. Please post video links in the appropriate video forum (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/144-videos/).

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Dirk said:

does it make sense if i said that we for years have been deprived of wealth because its in the hands of the elite and banks?

Hi, Gee, I cannot say that I find that to be so, at least not in the sense that gold is a solution. Monetary policies may be really hard for me to comprehend, but I cannot say there is an elite that is depriving me of personal wealth.  The value of gold can be(just) as manipulated by government. And is even now. 

When I am broke, and I have been more than a few times it is usually by my own doing. No system likely would have saved me. Fact I lost  "money" buying gold! I finally sold it for about 30 cents on the dollar and bought real estate. Really just a down payment on a home. The best thing I ever did ( regarding finances) was to try to "own"  my own dwelling place. For with that all I really had to then be concerned about is the property tax man. That and God deciding hey it is time  to move I want you to sell your dwelling and up and move.

So I don't know, mostly I just tend not to concern myself about tomorrows manna supply anymore. Seems what is provided today  is sufficient for today, even if I don't happen to see it that way some days.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, Dirk said:

Well most of us know that our current world money system does not make sense because its based on a fiat system - paper money, with actually nothing backing it, the world financial system is actually in a debt down spiral, interestingly enough if we took a look back into biblical times what was the currency people used in the marketplace? was it not silver and gold, does it make sense if i said that we for years have been deprived of wealth because its in the hands of the elite and banks?

It would seem to me our money system is based on a faith that it will not collapse. I don't know much about economics, but I'm thinking back to the "great recession" of 2008 and the Great Depression of the 1930's. Back in the 1930's I think the American money system was still based on gold and silver.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Dirk said:

Hello Dirk,

You're exactly correct and I could write a book on the subject. But to be brief; man has always had an aversion to work by the sweat of his brow, and will invent ways to capitalize on another's labor. Money is nothing more than a store that represents ones labor, it's a medium of exchange for goods and services [rather than trade corn for chickens, or chickens for grist mill services]. Money must be rare to maintain value, easily transportable and divisible. 

Man has always looked for ways to make a living off the backs of others; from shaving precious metal coin edges to debasing the precious metal content, to securing it for safety and loaning out with interest. Today's money is backed by nothing other than a promise to pay. One can define what a silver or gold coin is, what it is worth and what it will buy; not so with a fiat currency system. The more of something there is, the less value it holds. Gold and silver are rare, and represent hard labor to extract and refine, making it valuable and stable. Historically during hard times, gold and silver have been a store of wealth that doesn't become worthless. 

Those whom own the gold make the rules.

We see the future of money transforming to electronic ones and zero's on a computer right before our very own eyes. The Beast system is in place waiting for the right opportunity and time. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,169
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Dirk said:

If you get involved in economics one learns that there is a certain amount of cash that has to be in circulation for an economic system to work.    There has to be enough cash available for me to have the cash to pay you for working for me so you can buy things to make my business stay alive....          The problem with a gold/silver system is that there really isn't enough gold to go around to do that.....   that is why Nixon took us out of the gold standard.   The alternative is to raise the price of gold per dollar to higher and higher levels and it becomes pretty much out of touch for the normal person to purchase....

If we only had about 50,000000 people here, gold and silver would probably work out fine....

The system we have would work just fine if we elected people that would not spend more than we can really afford....   but that seems to be a huge problem for the American people both Elephants and Donkeys.....   too many people want free stuff and either don't realize or care that someone else has to pay for those free things.

Our problem is not our money system it is laziness and greed, and gold and silver won't cure that.

• Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, Dirk said:

paper money, with actually nothing backing it,

Always makes me wonder; then why are there three or four or five major business entities that want to sell their gold supply, that hard currency  of such security and peace of mind that they already hold, in exchange for my paper USA currency backed by  the full faith and security of it's government?

I do remember when the Vietnamese were coming in over my home one C131 load after another that they had a little gold on them. They rapidly exchanged that gold for USA dollars to build up all sorts of small enterprises all around my then home in order to make a living by producing something of value to sell in exchange for, not more gold but USA paper money the US dollar. Now they own much of the territory there and it is officially called on street signs" Little Vietnam" , evidently with some community pride of accomplishment and in appreciation of their freedom to do  well  in the USA.

Seems to me they were not kept poor by some elite, not at all.

• Thumbs Up 1