WordSword

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Some people worship "grace" instead of the Messiah. 

Some idolise verses and specific passages rather than understanding the whole.  

Some people interpret the whole Bible through the a lens of Paul's letters, rather that interpreting Paul's letters through the lens of the whole Bible.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Under the Old Testament, the law was on tables of stone.  Today they are written in our heart.  Sin according to 1 John is transgressing God's laws.  Paul asks shall we sin that grace may abound, and answers with God forbid.

The law was written on tables of stone, but the law was kept by people as close as God told them to keep HIs statutes written:..

Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:

Deuteronomy 11:18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.22 For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;

You say they are written in our heart.

But the testimony is, which show the work of the law written in their heart, because showing it is very different to claiming it and stating it.

Romans 2:15 WHICH SHEW shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

All unrighteousness is sin, sin is of the devil, that is why all who do the devils ways do unrighteously.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I think this.

Those who argue against the law (why do they bother) probably have not read it or understood why it was given and for what purpose. Thus I see they do not realize how Yeshua completes it while upholding it. Yeshua does not replace it, He embodies it. It is a schoolmaster, a guide, a set of reasons and ideas that show us the Heart of a Holy God. How else will will know Him? By the word of some odd theology that the preacher spoke? Some man-ology that ignores the Tanakh?

I think not.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

According to 1 John 3:23, Jesus left us with only two commands— Believe and Love. John sure wasted his ink on that one .That verse is totally ignored , it may as well have never been written. In one ear and out the other .

That is how both the OT and Jesus sum up the whole law.

To Love God and to Love others.

• Thumbs Up 1

satan wants us to do as in eden, to disobey God, God wants us to eventually learn we die when we disobey God, as the wages of sin(disobedience to God) is death

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Who me said:

That is how both the OT and Jesus sum up the whole law.

To Love God and to Love others.

Because all the laws are fulfilled in those two.  If you love God and your neighbor, you won't sin against either.

Because there is a new light, to replace the sun, Jesus Christ, and all discussion of Him has a purpose, even if nobody sees that light.

1 John 2:8 Again, A NEW commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: BECAUSE the darkness is past, and THE TRUE LIGHT NOW SHINETH.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Isaiah 8:20 TO THE LAW AND TO THE TESTIMONY: if they speak not according to this word, it is BECAUSE THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM.

John 12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the lightwith you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

Then Jesus hid Himself from them, as they are not approvers of the light, so you are right in a way, why continue.

John 12:36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

John 12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Content Count:  1,160
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I think this.

Those who argue against the law (why do they bother) probably have not read it or understood why it was given and for what purpose. Thus I see they do not realize how Yeshua completes it while upholding it. Yeshua does not replace it, He embodies it. It is a schoolmaster, a guide, a set of reasons and ideas that show us the Heart of a Holy God. How else will will know Him? By the word of some odd theology that the preacher spoke? Some man-ology that ignores the Tanakh?

I think not.

Hi! Appreciate your sincere comments but not sure how to productively reply at this time. Our understanding concerning the covenant Israel had is so different that my opinions would seem too conflicting and useful. God's blessings to your Family!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Those whos say we have to follow the ten commandments . Dont know we walk by the spirit and not the law. In the old covenant they lived by the law. In the new covenant we live by Gods spirit. Which helps us to walk righteous.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1