• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Well put those hands up dear sister and praise the LORD .

• Praise God! 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

4 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

Forgiveness is a choice. 

@mlbrokish :amen:This is so true. I appreciate what you have shared. It is something we can all benefit from doing. It is vital to our relationship to the Lord. Jesus made this clear in Matthew 6:14-15.

“For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. “But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Though, wouldn't the forgiveness have to be genuine eventually? I've always never really gotten over it until a bit down the line, when wounds can be healed and things can be put into a better perspective. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

Forgiveness is a choice. 

Sometimes the things that hurt are invisible until it has knocked you down where all you feel is frustration and aggravation. When I've been hurt, I know that I don't have to "feel" like forgiving those who hurt me, I just have to do it.  I realize it is not something to which I have to be emotionally connected.

Some people hold grudges.  Life in this world is too short, so I choose to forgive others, so He will forgive me.

I've noticed that it certainly makes it easier to forgive others when we see ourselves properly, we're all desperately wicked, some of us have just found the One who makes us righteous. Doesn't make it hurt any less when we're wronged though and it's still a struggle at times to let things go; but there is much truth in the saying that holding on to a grudge/resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die. Like you said, life is far too short to spend our days dwelling on the bad when He's truly so good. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

6 hours ago, Repose said:

Though, wouldn't the forgiveness have to be genuine eventually? I've always never really gotten over it until a bit down the line, when wounds can be healed and things can be put into a better perspective. 

I don't believe forgiveness "from the heart" comes until you just forgive not-so-from-the-heart... forgivenss is difficult bc There are some evils that are just.. but of course we forgive the person, not the evil

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

3 hours ago, TheAimes said:

I've noticed that it certainly makes it easier to forgive others when we see ourselves properly, we're all desperately wicked, some of us have just found the One who makes us righteous. Doesn't make it hurt any less when we're wronged though and it's still a struggle at times to let things go; but there is much truth in the saying that holding on to a grudge/resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die. Like you said, life is far too short to spend our days dwelling on the bad when He's truly so good. 

I tend to be the sort of personality that sees the good in everyone (at least I try to), and I try to be optimistic that those I come in contact with are people on the positive side of things.  When I am consistently taken for granted or taken advantage of in my good nature and helpfulness, I almost always can brush it off and forgive others' transgressions easily.  At times, the bigger lies and deceptions can take advantage of my trusting nature and make it difficult to forgive easily.  I'm grateful for a patient and faithful God that understands me.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

“ Forgive others as God has ALREADY forgiven you in Christ Jesus” Your forgiveness is in no way tied to how you forgive others— IF you are in the Body Of Christ .....remember the Cross ? It changed everything...

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

13 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

Forgiveness is a choice. 

Sometimes the things that hurt are invisible until it has knocked you down where all you feel is frustration and aggravation. When I've been hurt, I know that I don't have to "feel" like forgiving those who hurt me, I just have to do it.  I realize it is not something to which I have to be emotionally connected.

Some people hold grudges.  Life in this world is too short, so I choose to forgive others, so He will forgive me.

I appreciate what you have just shared; I think about it a little differently however. I believe in forgiving others; we are all human and are capable of doing things we ought not do. So I can forgive. But Jesus said to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. So when a man sticks my hand in the fire, I can forgive him, but I would be unwise to forget the experience. To purposely allow myself not to be cognizant of what is happening around me and allow such an event to happen again would cause me t0 lack good judgment. 

"If you hold anything against anyone, forgive him so that your heavenly Father may forgive you your sins." There is no mention of forgetting. Just my two cents. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Amen and amen mlbrokish. Life is too short!