• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

They will likely develop that out in the next season...

That is what they usually do.  Almost all new shows today have homosexual characters.  It is getting really bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Violence intices. It titillates and it seems to grow on people like moss on a rock. As long as there's a demand for violence, it will continue to get ratings to remain on the air.  

Yes. Do you remember Evil Knievel? I dare say not a single person would have come to watch him do his dare-devil jumps if they thought there was a 100% chance he would be successful. They came because there was a chance he would fail. The world thrives on it. Newspapers don't make money on Boy Scout badges; they make it on murder, violence, and chaos. Praise God for Jesus, who came to show us the Way.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

Yes. Do you remember Evil Knievel? I dare say not a single person would have come to watch him do his dare-devil jumps if they thought there was a 100% chance he would be successful. They came because there was a chance he would fail. The world thrives on it. Newspapers don't make money on Boy Scout badges; they make it on murder, violence, and chaos. Praise God for Jesus, who came to show us the Way.

i feel like we are basically like the people in the hunger games yet except they arent broadcasting live tournaments of people killing people yet....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Most are not knowledgeable about such things my friend. :)

I think it is about time we demystified the supernatural side of our scriptures. We have been encouraged to not think about certain things that Yeshua and the apostles were well aware of.

Ask, why did Yeshua cast out demons? Where did they come from? Why did He focus on this and 'setting the captives free'?  Why was He transfigured on Mt Hermon? Where is Mt Hermon? What is near the base of this mountain?

Where is the gateway to the underworld? Where is it located? Where is 'Bashan'? What is Bashan?

What is the Divine Council? Where is it located? Who rules on that Throne? What will the end times battle be all about and for what?

5 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

You should be the one to start that new thread!

I had one not long ago about the Divine Council, but it languished... That simple movie Abby suggested was surprisingly close to a reality that I perceive. Its theology was very good generally. Quite on the money where it mattered.

Edited by Justin Adams

3 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

People fear what they do not know and understand. 

Yes, our teachers have 'healed us slightly'. We are grist for the mill of disinformation, yet the real stuff is ignored. It is a long slow road to reeducate the pews...

Edited by Justin Adams

1 minute ago, Tampered With said:

How many are really ready for steak?

Perhaps we underestimate the believers' capacity for content in their teaching rather than just the same old stuff. I think folk are generally able to embrace things when they are presented in the correct and humble way. If the supernatural can be shown to be the NORM for Yahweh, because He is Spirit, maybe the people will want to understand more of this realm. There is an all time high in UFO and weird fringe science interest. I think believers can be ready for clear teachings that are actually more relevant than Netflix.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 hours ago, Coliseum said:

Yes. Do you remember Evil Knievel? I dare say not a single person would have come to watch him do his dare-devil jumps if they thought there was a 100% chance he would be successful. They came because there was a chance he would fail. The world thrives on it.

Indeed I do. After breaking virtually every bone in his body, he thought a successful leap across the Grand Canyon was within his motorcycling skills. Someone convinced him that wouldn't go well, an alternate plan for doing the Snake River Canyon in Idaho was attempted. I can't remember if he made it, or whether he missed and smacked against the wall on the other side. He was quite a guy.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

12 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

I met a man by the name of "Holy Hubert Lindsey." He was a "street preacher" that I had the privilege of ministering with for a week on the streets of Dallas, Texas. Look him up on the internet! He is still an inspiration to me! I never forget how he was "fearless for the Lord". An example for anyone to show their faith in public. There are youtube videos of him in his prime. Holy Hubert Lindsey - American Legend

Oh, that is so cool! I saw him at a Full Gospel Businessman's Breakfast in 1971. Almost illiterate, he knew the bible word for word, if memory serves me. I also had the book he authored about ministering to the radicals at UC Berkeley. He lost a few teeth getting beaten for preaching much to their dislike. What a truly amazing and unforgettable individual.  

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

52 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

Yes, praise G0d. I was going to Christ for the Nations Institute and he was a guest lecturer. That man literally radiated the Holy Spirit! I was humbled just to help carry his things and listen to him for that week!!!

Street preachers are so inspirational to me. I’ve seen them literally get punched and spit on, yet they stand tall for the Lord. 

• Praise God! 2