• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, Starise said:

Nothing wrong with country music either. The older country seems much better than some of the newer stuff. If I listen to it though I have to SLOW DOWN. Way down. Some of it is only a step away from lulliby music. Country rock OTOH is a bit lively. Though it isn't may favorite genre I like to sometimes dial in some of it because it relaxes me.

I listen to country when im driving for just that reason...i get horrible road rage and it calms me down. No one wants a angry semi truck driver lol

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

I listen to country when im driving for just that reason...i get horrible road rage and it calms me down. No one wants a angry semi truck driver lol

Yep. Anything that takes my mind off of the people driving around me is a good thing. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

Q. What do you get when you play country music backwards?

A. You get your girlfriend back, your dog back and your pickup truck back.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, teddyv said:

Q. What do you get when you play country music backwards?

A. You get your girlfriend back, your dog back and your pickup truck back.

Which is more then you get back then playing rock n roll...just saying :P

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Liked rock from the 50s through the 60s, and then collected Christian rock through the 80s.  When rap took over it got boring.

Back then the teens were passing around Christian rock and handing tapes out like the older generation passed out tracts.  It was great to see kids getting saved and becoming solid Christians.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2021 at 12:58 PM, anynmsfmly said:

Music is a male dominated field.

I would disagree with this. There are so many female artists out there. Just the other day I watched a documentary on drumming and I was surprised at how many female drummers there were. Not just drummers. Good drummers.

The music biz is full of crooks and goons . Large record companies are mostly owned by the illuminati or similar. Any new artist who wants to be 'famous' must agree to some evil things. They are invited to parties where very evil things happen. They are made to partake in these things. Now they have the 'goods' on these people in addition to threats against close family and friends if they veer from the agreement. Most of the very famous are constantly monitored and followed by handlers.These people really have no life to speak of.

Talent has little to do with promotion into the mainstream. The actual promotion is decided by the record companies based on what they think will sell records. People are often groomed for a slot that has already been decided. The record companies seldom anymore care about any other material.

Judging from the football half time shows these last few years I would say music itself has sunk to an all time low as a result of these record companies. Satan is in, sleaze is in and almost any other thing destructive to a normal functioning culture.

"Rock music" has come a long way in the wrong direction. It seems every new band gets just a little more disgusting until things eventually go so low that eventually we will have things happening on stage I can't even speak of. Even now these things are happening, but they were once thought to be isolated lesser known bands. It's all coming into the mainstream now. 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:58 AM, anynmsfmly said:

What I want to ask, is, Why is a female who tries to network, and tries to get connected to musicians and writing etc, Why is she deemed, {always}, As, "The old fashioned groupie,", And lumped in to the same category as every other female real groupie etc.......................,,,,,,,,

Music is a male dominated field. Even the female musicians who are famous are not quite as talented, Especially musically speaking, Usually, Say, As someone who shreds on the guitar quite as well as who~say~you, etc........................,,,,,,,,

So, if a female plays as simply as a really cute male drummer, And tries and goes around and networking, Getting to know other musicians, Falls in love with, Or has one of them fall in love with her, She is thus a groupie ? Wait, I thought she was another struggling artist.......................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My mom is the type to say that if you do not practice for fourteen hours a day, You are not truly talented, And you are not serious about music and that the only reason that men who are not this invested in to it get anywhere, Is because they are cute. Is she right ? Or not. Who knows. :noidea:However, With this mind set, That nobody is talented unless they practice for fourteen hours a day, Otherwise it is all about entertainment and looks, That then does lead fourth for deeming a moderate, To simple female drummer as, "Just a groupie,",.... It's kind of insulting, Honesty.............................

Its not...at least not completely. there are many, many female singers in every genre. Though i would say the genre that has the highest ratio of female singers is Country, rock definetly has a few, and big names to. I dont even listen or keep up with secular rock that much, but 9ff the top of my head i can think of evanescence, katy perry, and Beyonce. 

On the Christian side theres flyleaf, sixpence none the richer, even some of Rebecca St James stuff can be classified as rock.

If your looking for an up and comer, Skillets drimmer, Jen Ledger, has been doing some of her own stuff, and let me tell you she has. Beautiful voice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

5 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

Females are not equipped to play the physical strength level such as that of Newsboys and~or Colton Dixon drummers, either. I would know. I was one. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Female drummers are not equipped, Usually, To play the physical strength of Christian rock music

I do not pretend to know much about music, so I have to ask, is there something about Christian rock music (as opposed to secular rock music) that requires extra strength?

I am expecially ignorant of percussion, but any, what to you think if Sina on youtube,

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly); Cover by Sina

as a female drummer?

6 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

I'm talking about Bon Jovi, And Keith Urban, And the Rolling Stones electric lead guitar player etc.......................,,,,,,,, I do not know of any female musician who shreds on a guitar like that, Except Orianthi. I didn't want to name names, But that's just to speak of a few. Females are not equipped to play the physical strength level such as that of Newsboys and~or Colton Dixon drummers, either. I would know. I was one. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Female drummers are not equipped, Usually, To play the physical strength of Christian rock music, They usually wind up singing etc, Christian pop rock music is extremely more difficult, And written and a higher level than contemporary stations. The notes end on an up note, As opposed to a down note, And the beats are one two and four, As opposed to three and one.............................

"Sing, Sing,, Sing", For example, Is an example of a drum beat that I am not physically capable of keeping up with, Playing that fast. Blessings. :emot-heartbeat:

Maybe not every female can do it . Many can do it well.. Check out Jen Ledger of Skillet. Samantha Maloney who has played for some bands that require a lot from their drummers. In one case Motley Crue temporarily found themselves without a drummer and Samantha filled in.

Now it's my chance to oy vey you.......there is absolutely no more difficulty to play contemporary Christian music than there is to play any other music in a similar genre.

Sadly much contemporary Christian music is a joke technically compared so something like the technicals involved in prog rock. If you drummed for a CCM group  you would know many of them run backing tracks and loops to help with their rhythm.

Just admit it. You're wrong.;) No harm in back pedaling if it gets us to the facts.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

I'm talking about Bon Jovi, And Keith Urban, And the Rolling Stones electric lead guitar player etc.......................,,,,,,,, I do not know of any female musician who shreds on a guitar like that, Except Orianthi. I didn't want to name names, But that's just to speak of a few. Females are not equipped to play the physical strength level such as that of Newsboys and~or Colton Dixon drummers, either. I would know. I was one. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Female drummers are not equipped, Usually, To play the physical strength of Christian rock music, They usually wind up singing etc, Christian pop rock music is extremely more difficult, And written and a higher level than contemporary stations. The notes end on an up note, As opposed to a down note, And the beats are one two and four, As opposed to three and one.............................

"Sing, Sing,, Sing", For example, Is an example of a drum beat that I am not physically capable of keeping up with, Playing that fast. Blessings. :emot-heartbeat:

Ok, let me let me correct you on some details. First off, Keith Urban is not only male-hes country, NOT Rock.

Second off, did you look up Jen Ledger? Im going to guess not, because otherwise you wouldnt have made your "female drummers" cant keep up with their male counterparts nonsense, and thats what it is, nonsense.

See Jen Ledger started touring with Skillet-a famous ROCK band which has chart toppers in both christian and secular markets, when she was 18. Shes been with the band for well over a decade, and not only can she keep up with the beat, she can sing while doing so-something few drummers can do, male or female.

In fact, youd be hard pressed to find a male drummer that could keep up with her. Yes, drumming is very physically demanding, especially if were talking Rock and Roll, but its not so strenuous that it prevents a woman in good shape from doing it.

I also would like to point out, that neither newsboys or colten dixon are rock, but rather contemporary bands...the level Jen Ledger performs at is far more intense then either bands. 

Thats not saying that those bands lack talent, they do. Infact Newsboys former lead singer, Peter Furler is quite an accomplished drummer himself, and i would love to see him and Ledger have a drumming dual so to speak sometime, as I would put them both on the same skill level.

But please, dont continue with the "women cant" nonsense. Women can, especially when it comes to music. Everyone has different gifts and talents, and if someones truly gifted in an area one should encourage it unless it goes against God. Gender really isnt a limiting factor in most areas. 

• Thumbs Up 1