• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/25/2019 at 1:35 PM, lovethelord said:

Hi MissMuffet,

No human court could determine who a real Christian is except our Lord Father who sees our hearts. There are many who do a good job of looking like Christians on the outside, but like we learn in God’s Word they were never part of his sheep. People who are genuine Christians get confirmation from His indwelling Spirit and a changed life in regards to sin.

I think, the way I am perceiving  what you are sharing is wrapped up in the meaning of Jesus' words, when he says:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’  Matt 7:21-23

What does this really mean? These are professing Christians who have a ministry. They are getting others to examine themselves and God is saving them. They were doing miracles even, and prophesying. They were sitting in church and listening intently to the sermons their preachers were preaching. In those days, when Jews doubled the saying of a word, it meant they were passionate and emotional about what they were believing. These people used the same lingo, "Lord, Lord." What was the real difference then? A hint is when we hear them say, "...did we not" do these things? Ever go to a candy machine and put in some change, and nothing came out? What did we do? We banged on the outside of the machine, and suddenly the change went through and the candy came out. That is what many were doing here, in essence saying, "Listen to what I did for You. Now give me what I deserve." It was never about the grace of God---only what they could get God to give them for being "good" and doing the "right" things. When Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount, he spoke about being poor in spirit---that nothing we did came with any expectation because no one was ever good enough to deserve the "candy we banged on the machine for." Many of these Jesus is talking about are getting their identity from the wide road.

Didn't Jesus say, Matthew 7:14 (KJV)
"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." The word "strait" is only found in the KJV, and it does not mean the same as the word "straight." Strait meant to be crushed, minimized, pushed into something narrow, strangle the life out of---as in the "old self". That is the way we must enter. And on the other side, we receive what is spacious---the kingdom of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

There are many in this world who truly dislike or even hate a Christian. That has not changed for thousands of years. Paul first hated Christians.

Yes.....good point!

• Group:  Diamond Member

3 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Well said, brother. The straits are also referenced in Mark 10:25 (the eye of the needle), a wonderful way to sum up the narrow path. The straits are where we follow the Lord in this world. 

Interesting that you reference strangle since this coincides neatly with the chanak --- the javelin sand boa of the Levant --- a serpent I saw in a vision. The constrictor snake strangles and makes the way narrow. This alludes to the meanings associated with that Hebrew word and so I'm blessed to find you writing about similar things today.

Thx Dusty. It is hard---hard for me to want to be strangled out of my worldly views, what I perceive is right in my flesh, and squeezed to the point of death in the flesh in order to enter life where I can finally, completely "breathe" in the Spirit. My flesh fights this. If I may be honest here; pride makes it harder in me because it puffs me up, and when the "strangler" comes, it crushes even more of me than I would not need to concede, and I struggle more painfully to let go and die to all this. I see some people here that bother me---and that very thing I see in them, I see in me. What I really treasure is honesty, but seldom are people brave enough to be honest. "Let's not stir the water," they think. But silence kills. For me, I need others to be direct and forthright. Jesus never hinted at anything. He was tenderhearted yet spoke truthfully. It is very hard to find someone willing to do that. Showing grace does not mean sparing the truth---no matter how painful it is this side of heaven. Does this resonate with you, or am I just spouting words? Thx for listening. :)

22 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I recently mentioned how Worthy blesses me and there's no forgetting how you're part of this. I get where you're coming from, brother. There's no darkness in God (he never lies) so we know that truth --- with love --- and honesty before the Lord pleases our Father in heaven no matter where we are, doing whatever it is we're doing. God treats us in such a way and so we ought treat each other in a similar way. All things for Christ who gives us strength!

What I'm about to write has the potential to be misunderstood so fear not, I'll explain myself in short order. My struggles pale in comparison to yours, brother. I've come to understand how I'm the least and surely one of the last among the brethren. How so?

Over the years, the curse took everything from me with the exception of one thing: the life in this body. This happened over and over again in a cycle which waxed and waned according to the whims of my folly. I was horrible, Coliseum. How many times did God spare me from death during my rebellion? I ran away from God for a long time and along the way I lost everything I possessed: homes, marriages, vehicles, accounts, money, credit, clothing, a place to live, my sanity, my health and even my identity but never the life in this body. 

That was the thing I desired to lose the most! What were possessions, a history, roots, or a place to rest my head? I was cursed to wander this world like a vagabond and so that is what I sought to end. Satan scourged me and I melted under this because just as you write about above, the flesh is weak. I couldn't take it --- it was too much for me to bear. I was a sinner lost in his sins, blinded by the darkness which sprang forth from the depths of his own heart. 

That was how I entered the kingdom. But you are a Christian who bears burdens of responsibility which far surpass what Christ expects from a man like me. In truth you inspire and encourage me greatly, brother. My liberty is best served lifting you up in prayer and thanking the Lord for your example. May the Lord's Spirit illuminate your heart and mind with the Light of truth! 

Wow, brother. No one---ever, has said those things about me.  I would be tearfully blushing if I accepted it from the flesh. But praise God, whether good things or bad, I am thankful for you as well that we do not receive our identity in what others say, but in how God showers us with His delight. While I could say I am sorry to hear how many things you were subjected to, I won't. I know by your words how God has used you by the scars you have retained.

God bless you, brother. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/24/2019 at 7:49 PM, missmuffet said:

What does it mean to be a real Christian? Is it more than just talk? Is it enough simply to say we're real or should we be able to see we're real? What should we see? Could a jury convict you of being a Christian? Would they have hard evidence?

Actually, in the Word it was the nonbelievers that called the disciples of Jesus, "Christians," ...they didn't call themselves by this name:

And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. Acts 11:26b

I don't think it has changed that much today, ...the nonbelievers are still martyring the disciples of Jesus all over the world, ...outside of the United States.

Here in Tahiti everyone thinks they are "Christians," ...so I tend to label myself as a Christ follower.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I have known people who became great imitators of the way others act in church.  One claimed he was filled with the Holy Spirit but got 3 girls pregnant at the same time.  One claimed the same but bad mouthed his sister and her husband who are both solid Christians, and then admitted he acts the way people want him to act.  It amazes me to hear these things yet I was once more of a people pleaser than a God pleaser.  I had started in the Spirit but tried to be perfected by the flesh and got off course.  Maybe others do the same, or maybe they are just manipulating people to try to be in control.  I don't have many answers.   For me it was a matter of again repenting, knowing I was lost and without hope, then surrendering to Jesus as Lord and Master of my life, becoming His bond-slave.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 10/26/2019 at 8:28 AM, Figure of eighty said:

This sums it up. Yes we fail and fall bur we shouls always strive to be what God set us out to be. Basically no willful sinning.

Define willfull sinning?

It is the failing, picking oneself up and starting again, and again, and again that matters.

The continued striving to serve God.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 10/28/2019 at 10:28 AM, Who me said:

Define willfull sinning?

It is the failing, picking oneself up and starting again, and again, and again that matters.

The continued striving to serve God.

Its knowing what's wrong and doing it over and over and over again and not caring to do what's right.

• Well Said! 1