• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

58 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

My church back in Nevada was well known in the small community, ...we sponsored a "Halloween Alternative" party, we were about 35 saints and we invited the town of about 4,000 population, the only stipulation was no scary or demonic inspired customs, ...we rented a large exhibition hall, where they held the Rodeo during the fair, we filled it fun games, a horse for the children to ride and free, "all you could eat" hot dogs, popcorn and soft drinks, and two new large garbage cans filled to the brim with candy and encouraged children and adults to take all they wanted. we had Bible verses hung on the walls, we placed tracts in different location for people to take"voluntarily," the town came and waited outside for the doors to be opened, when our pastor opened the doors and invited the people to come in he always asked them for a moment of silence and prayed over them.

I was new to the church and even though we had spent the money the Lord had provided, I "knew" there wouldn't be enough food or candy for all of the people, ...when I questioned pastor Dan about this he said, "Wait and see what the Lord will do," ...we were "open" from 7:00 to 9:00 PM, three hours, when the servers were down to the last 2-3 packages of hot dogs, buns, popcorn, ...they never ran out, when they would take a package out of the refrigerator, ...when they went back  for more there was still the same numbers of packages as before, it was the same with the soft drink bottles, we never ran out of syrup or the gas to carbonate, ...doubting me, I was keeping an eye on the candy and the garbage cans were never less than 2/3's full, ...about 15 minutes before closing pastor Dan announced over the loud speakers that there was still plenty to eat and to fill there children's bags with all of the candy they could carry, which they did, ...when the buzzer sounded for closing time, pastor Dan thanked all for coming and told them "Jesus loves you," as they were leaving.

After everyone had left we stared to cleanup and break down all of the games and load them into pickups, the assistant pastor was telling us to come, eat and drink, there was still plenty for us, ...even enough for us to take home, and candy too, which I loaded up with miniature candy bars.

The next Sunday there we some new faces in Church and most, some time later, received Jesus and gave/dedicated their life to Him, ...there were other times I experienced my Lord alive and active in His Church, ...those experiences coupled with being taught to read, believe, and in faith appropriate His Word into my heart and being, ...prepared me for 2 1/2 years later when Father told me to come here, giving me three condition that was humanly impossible for me to accomplish, ...just before I left I asked pastor Dan what he thought I would be doing here, his answer, "Wait and see what the Lord will do!"   ...I could fill books with what He has done for and through me in these last 28 years!

Halloween, nah, ...have a Halloween Alternative party in your Church, neighborhood or home, ...dedicate it to the Lord, and, ...wait and see what the Lord will do!

Lord bless 

What is bothersome to me is  that Hillsong is advertising this kind of stuff :( We know this church is deceiving but it has sunk to another low,don't you think?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

25 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

This is clear deception and evil.

What bothers me is that there has been some amazing music come out of there (in Australia). It makes me wonder how many of them knew there were pedophiles who were being harbored there and doing horrible things. Also, there has been a steady increase in their openness about participating in things God considers abominations. 

I still like some of their older songs ....but it does bother me the things that have happened under the cover of that "church."

Yeah a few songs have seemed anointed and made me truly praise God

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

I didn’t know all that. And yet I love the song Shout To The Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

4 minutes ago, preciouspearl said:

Yeah a few songs have seemed anointed and made me truly praise God

I play many of their songs as they give glory to God.  I do refuse to live as a lukewarm christian, thinking there is nothing wrong with living like the world while talking to others about Jesus.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

I like "what a beautiful name"

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

@angels4u Thanks so much for this article. The church needs to be warned about this. And when a professing ministry (especially so huge) does something as dangerous as this, it must be exposed. God bless you for doing just that, sister. The rebuttals to Hillsong's points are done so well and with solid backing of scripture.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

@turtletwo and others. Do you advise we no longer listen to their songs? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, marvelloustime said:

@turtletwo and others. Do you advise we no longer listen to their songs? 

Why don't you google Hillsong and cults for yourself and let us know what you think? You will be shocked by what they do....!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1