• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Repose

2 minutes ago, Repose said:

This is the second time I've read it, but as it is with scripture, it's like you pick up on different things each time.

Amen.  And that never stops.  The Word is alive!

3 minutes ago, Repose said:

If anything, it just reinforces the idea that I could and probably should be doing more.

Amen.  Fear of God is the start of all wisdom, as you know.  Therefore, to come out of the other side with a desire to improve yourself is a blessing and wise choice.

4 minutes ago, Repose said:

I don't attend church. I don't know where to start there, not to mention being nervous around other people, and just not quite being at a point where I could hold my head high.

Snap.  I too am not attending a church at the moment.  I have done so in the past, but now it's a choice.  I too get very nervous around other people and find it hard to express myself and often get misunderstood.  The flock of Messiah is filled with many different types of people though.  Don't be pressured to conform to anyone's personality or style of worship, other than what is dictated by Scripture.  Sometimes, people are meant to be loners to reach others who are also in the same situation - living on the outskirts of the congregation to reach those afar off and isolated, as it were.     

But I'm concerned that you saying that you're not at the point where you can hold your head high.  What exactly did you mean by that?

8 minutes ago, Repose said:

I'm in a bit of a stasis of sorts, really - and that's not life, it's just momentum carrying me from one day to the next, and it's not good.

I was in that state for a while as well, for many years! 

Have you been baptised with the Holy Spirit?  If not, or doubt it, seek this above all things.  Again, if that hasn't happened for you yet or your doubt it, seek this above all things.  I thought it had happened for me but started to doubt it and so sought passionately for a long while.  When it happened, it changed everything.  Each day went from be a chore to being a privilege and filled with joy and peace and a clear direction.  

But let's suppose you have been and still don't know your gift.  This seems to be common.  Understanding our place in the Kingdom is both complicated and yet natural.  The church has made it seem complicated, partly out of tradition and partly out of narrow-mindedness.  Gifts of the Spirit can come in many ways.  Sometimes accentuating your strengths, other times related to your weaknesses.   Gifts are often thought to be tongues, healing, prophecy , teaching and evangelism etc.  But Gifts can often be more subtle, such as art, music, humour, joy, encouragement, financial or even a listening soft heart. 

Therefore, let me ask you a few questions and perhaps we can find a way to break that 'stasis'.

1. What do others say you are naturally good at?  Something that others have complemented you for.
  2. What would you like to do Lord, if you had the choice? 
  3. Besides the Messiah, who is a hero of yours from the Scriptures?
  4. What do you find the most satisfying in life (mentally and spiritually, not physically)?

I cannot confirm your Gift, as I am just a man, but I might be able to give you some ideas of how you could serve the Kingdom, for His glory.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

But I'm concerned that you saying that you're not at the point where you can hold your head high.  What exactly did you mean by that?

1. What do others say you are naturally good at?  Something that others have complemented you for.
  2. What would you like to do Lord, if you had the choice? 
  3. Besides the Messiah, who is a hero of yours from the Scriptures?
  4. What do you find the most satisfying in life (mentally and spiritually, not physically)?

As for my head, well... I'm a bit of a loser. It's not that I've never held a job, but with a wonky and turbulent work history with a few gaps, how attractive I am as a potential employee is not great. Then I didn't go to school and I have nearly no skill set. In other words, I am unemployed, and the longer I am, the deeper the hole I'm in gets. I still put in applications and I'm still willing to work, it's just that it doesn't go well. Just the general way people tend to look down on guys with no job. Perhaps it's reasonable, as it's not like I'm guiltless when it comes to my work history, but still, a bit of kicking a dude when he's already down.

That, and while it sucks to admit it, I don't feel like I'm upright enough because I do still backslide. I realize that's a bit of a dumb excuse, a bit like an addict who wants help but is too ashamed to go to rehab; you go there to get help, after all. We all fall short, but still, it's an idea I have trouble shaking off 

1. Only thing I can think of is retaining info, remembering things. I'm blonde, so it doesn't always work well, but I never had to study at school. I leaned on it, actually; I would purposefully not do homework and then get a passing grade by acing the quizzes and tests.

2. For the Lord, I'm going to guess that's what you meant. I honestly have no clue; whatever it seems like he wants me to, really. I would think maybe finance or study; I'm not good with people.

3. I guess Paul. He was one who persecuted the church until that light appeared on the road, who then went one to do wonders for the church. I was an atheist once before.

4. Beyond finding further insight in the word, I can't think of anything. Would a walk outside be physical? I like the wind, and reflecting on the water. Time to think, alone and in silence, really.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member

3 minutes ago, Repose said:

As for my head, well...

Ah, don't worry about such things Repose!  Not as much as you are doing anyway!  I've been there, probably more than you can ever appreciate.  

Okay, so you are in a bit of a rut at the moment, with a history that will not make it easy to get out of.  However, people with worse history have bounced back and there is nothing to say that you can't to - just like I did.  Rather than our history and skill set, a lot more of it is down to our attitude towards our problem and life.  Conversely, we can be blinded to many opportunities and our own positive aspects when our attitude is low and without hope.

But consider this for a moment.  We're not meant to be doing all of this - this work and career stuff.  This is all part of this world system developed by man and probably something darker in the shadows.  This whole rat race of getting the grades, diplomas, jobs, promotions, home, car promotion, promotion nonsense is all folly. It means, ultimately, absolutely nothing.  We weren't designed with this in mind but rather to till the ground, live off it and share all good things with each other as each has need.  Therefore, you can hold your head high in and outside of church - if your heart is for Yahweh and intent on following Him.  The most important thing in this life (and the next) is our walk with God. The career, house, bank account is nothing but folly and window dressing - and can even turn you away from Him.

It's good to find and job and provide for yourself - yes. This is mandatory and you should take every active step towards doing so as if it is your first mission given to from tomorrow from God.  We told to do all we do at work as if for Him, so try to begin your service finding a job that is sufficient for you.  But as for feeling ashamed of yourself because of this matter??  No, that's nonsense.  Let that go.  It's a poison to you and nothing else.

Now, as for your true skill set: Fantastic!  The answers you give should hopefully give you a direction of what to do.  But, if not, let me share my reflections on what you've written...

You have a good aptitude for study and retaining knowledge, and seemingly liking an intellectual challenge.  You probably relax that skill on things that you're not bothered about or that you cannot see a purpose in. Conversely, if you are interested then you probably would excel above others.  You're not keen with social interaction but I'm guessing you probably are - under the right circumstances or with limited numbers with those you trust dearly.  You're probably gifted with a high level of intuition socially and may not even be aware of it.   Paul's a hero of yours (mine too) and you focussed on the Damascus Road experience, relating to you - which suggests you still have an open flexible mind.  And, as for your last answer, you get most satisfaction spiritually from the Word and "recharging" around Creation - your name 'Repose' reflects that attitude I guess.

You sound to me like someone who has plenty to offer the Body, for His Glory.  For example, you could use your skills of study and memory applied academically to the Bible - in great depth (not a course, but personal study).  There's many secrets to be learned by studying the historical context of the Bible, the major players, the kings, wars, etc.  And also the content, line-by-line, with deep introspection and reflection to understand the meanings, hidden meanings, and links throughout the Bible - the message and the meta-messages etc.  With this knowledge, you will then be in a position to help, counsel and teach others through writing a blog, book, article or website etc (where you don't have to interact face to face).  Not like "In 586 BC, this happened..."  but rather YOUR take on the meaning, purpose and lessons you've learned - embued with the reflective "reposes" that will be completely unique to you.  

It's not such a strange thing to consider.  After all, Paul once wrote in his letters (Corinthians, I think) that he wasn't anything special face to face and spoke unimpressively compared to how he wrote.  People need help out there and not all of them with go to church or seek social interaction.

This would be no short journey though, but a life's work.  Our service to Him cannot be rushed or completed - but lived!  It would have to be approached with that dedication and patience and not "a project" mindset.

I have a good feeling about your path, so be encouraged,  And don't feel ashamed by people who judge by worldly systems, standards and traditions.  You're a child of Yahweh, are you not?

But, again, above all things seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit - if you haven't already.  This is paramount for service, peace, joy and hope.  I got a little worried when I read your reply that hope was dimly lit in your life, although I hope I am wrong.  So, if that hasn't happened for you, first seek this above all things and your true career, whether what I wrote above or something else, will be established before you.

Love & Shalom 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 11/4/2019 at 6:11 PM, Repose said:

I finished up Revelations and I have two things. The first is what this line of scripture means:

Revelations 22:11 - "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still. He that is filthy, let him be filthy still. He that is righteous, let him be righteous still. He that is holy, let him be holy still".

IMO Rev 22:11 is saying when we get to heaven it is to late  to change what we were on earth.

Second, I was reading the description of the New Jerusalem, specifically of the foundations. They describe each one being adorned with a gem stone. I was thinking that these referred to the breastpiece on the robe Aaron would wear, with the twelve stones for the twelve tribes. Did I catch that right?

That's a good thought, but the stones not the same.

Peace and joy

9 hours ago, Tampered With said:

My positions are all over this forum. :b:

I'm thankful they are, as are others also.  Don't be discouraged by those who won't listen brother. The things you post today may reach someone tomorrow, next month or 5 years from now. Keep sowing. 

Love & Shalom 

30 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

I was getting discouraged as if I was beating my head on a wall with nothing so show for it.

Aww, I feel you brother. Sometimes it feels hopeless and as if all you are saying is unheard and unwanted... But that's not the case. 

Remember only one leper from ten returned to thank the Messiah. The rest took the blessing and went their way. In the same way, many are seeing and benefitting from your posts but only few return to "like" it or comment.  And you're more likely to get a response of contention than one of gratitude. 

So stay on your course my brother and don't get distracted, discouraged or disheartened by anyone.  Wolves in sheep's clothing would like nothing more than to do this to you.

But concerning your temporary struggles (as this life is temporary), have you submitted a prayer request to our Prayer Warriors? If not, it would be worthwhile doing so as that's what they're there for and gifted in!

May Yahweh bless you with peaceful rest, in body and heart. 

Love & Shalom 

He must still have work for you to do on here @Tampered With!  Praise Yahweh! 

Love & Shalom 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

@ReposeDear brother, me too, I passed high school by just listening and remembering what the teachers said, ...also, I'm a loner, ...been alone all of my life, ...most of the time it was not my choice, but that caused me to learn how be alone and prepared me for where He has placed me today. So may I offer you some comfort and encouragement, ...it seems, from what I have read, ...your relationships on the horizontal are not the most favorable, ...and your relationship on the vertical with your Heavenly Father is practically non-existent, ...there is a spiritual principle that can't be over looked and that is, ...we must establish the vertical before we can experience the horizontal.

Now lots of people say this is hard and difficult and many books have been written about all of the hoops we must jump through, ...all of the "commands" we must obey, struggle and persevere under the heavy yoke we are trying to carry, ...but the Truth is, the answer is as close and as easy, ...the answer is in your heart.

The Holy Spirit tells us in His Word that we are holy, blameless, that Father has a plan for our lives, ...and all of that was declared by Him, ...before Genesis 1:1, ...it was in His mind from Eternity past when it was just the Father, Son and Holy Spirit who existed!  

May I ask, do you appreciate your Salvation, ...that you have fire insurance? Well, that's in your heart and that is the first step, when we truly understand the Cross and what Jesus has done for us, ...our heart just bursts with joy, peace and gratitude, ...and is common in all humans, we desire to express our gratitude and "do" something for God to show our appreciation, ...but there is not one thing we can "do," other than just "LOVE" God and accept His Grace, graciously, ...and that is the answer to your dilemma, ...just "LOVE" God, ...you are intelligent,  reflect, meditate on this, ...you are Blood Bought, you are His personal possession, ...and come to the conclusion that after all of your years of what you consider failures are what Father has allowed you to stumble along and try to bring you to this point in your life, ...to "surrender" to Him, ...relinquish all authority of you ruling, guiding and reigning your life that comes from your heart   and in faith, allow the Holy Spirit to sit on that vacated Throne (our bodies are the Temple of God) and allow Him to rule, guide and reign in your life, ...that's how we "establish" our vertical relationship with Father (can you cry out to Him as Abba, ...Papa) and you will find He will be instrumental in providing the "horizontal"  relationships by guiding you, by bringing into your life those that you will find you need, ...and others you will find need you, ...try it brother, you can't lose and you will gain a life rich, beneficial and pleasing to Father, ...........and the "need" to do something for God..., you will learn experientially the spiritual principle by serving others, ...it is better to give than receive, ...as He is conforming you into the image of His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ!

Lord bless 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I just finished it too!

I love it and I’m planning to watch it again...

”I Am coming soon!”

Please come my Lord!

Edited by Adam999