• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Most of the the stuff corroborates. Especially 'sons of God' and not the later Sethite view championed by Augustine and others. 

The inter-testament period is also very good at highlighting that the Tanak's use of sons of God AKA Psalm 82, Deut 23 and others. The 'modern' or altered translations said the 'sons of God' were the sons of Seth or worse still the sons of Israel. This is incoherent and anyway, Deut 32 mention of the sons of God cannot be 'sons of Israel' as Isarel was not a nation before the Babel scattering.

The Divine Council comprises sons of God.

Relating to the OP, how does "altered translations" different from say, the KJV bible, as compared to the "original" Dead Sea scrolls found.
In other words, share what you believe the rest of us do not know, that you say you have discovered finding what Augustine had taken out.
How would that affect my walk/understanding?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I feel certain that the Lord has preserved the word for us and that any differences in translations are easily and pointedly dealt with by the Holy Spirit as necessary for His purposes.

To think otherwise, to me, is inconceivable.

I don't mean to stifle conversation, by these thoughts---but this is fundamental.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Progressive Christianity is wildly popular.  Unfortunately, I have two friends on Facebook who are progressive - it's horrible.

One of them I went to college with.  She and her husband sent their only child, a girl, to a Christian school.  That sounds OK.  But at this Christian school, there is a homosexual boy on the girl's dance line.  They posted videos of their daughter on the dance line all the time and the homosexual boy wore the same sparkly top as the girl's, but instead of a short skirt - a pair of dancing pants.  They teach at the school and at their church that homosexuality is not a sin.

So, there's that.....

Progressive Christianity is all about picking and choosing what the individual wants to believe about the Bible and tossing the rest in the trash;  emphasizing the love of God and ignoring/despising the wrath of God;  rejecting the teaching of hell;  teaching and preaching that Christianity is about social justice.

It's VERY dangerous.  As being wildly popular right now, it is ruining people's lives.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, Steve_S said:

This is a theological situation, though, not a textual situation. Nobody disputes that Hebrew says Bene Elohim (literally translated into virtually all English translations, accurately - the sons of God). The disputation is in the meaning of it, not whether the actual phrase has been changed in newer Masoretic scrolls.

Agreed. The LXX was frowned upon since it mentions the 'two powers'. The Masoretic text was rewritten after Yeshua made it unpalatable for LXX to be used. There are more than one versions of LXX, and the Hebrew has also been disputed.

Fortunately, Q-scrolls have been a boon to understanding clearly what some had distorted in the text and therefore theology. Providential.

Add to that the Targums, the many Hebrew originals, the Latin etc., and a far clearer picture emerges. It is very supernatural in content, far more than I was ever taught in Bible class.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, Sower said:

Relating to the OP, how does "altered translations" different from say, the KJV bible, as compared to the "original" Dead Sea scrolls found.
In other words, share what you believe the rest of us do not know, that you say you have discovered finding what Augustine had taken out.
How would that affect my walk/understanding?

Get back with me after you have explored the Divine Council of the Tanakh and references (lots) in the New Testament by the apostles. Check out Psalm 82, Deut 32 and a whole slew of other references to God's heavenly courts. Then, when you have that all under your belt, and the Gen 3, 6, 10, 11 well understood, maybe we can have a conversation.

I am still learning as well...  Oh, and read WHY Augustine hated Enoch 1.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 hours ago, Jayne said:

Progressive Christianity is wildly popular.  Unfortunately, I have two friends on Facebook who are progressive - it's horrible.

One of them I went to college with.  She and her husband sent their only child, a girl, to a Christian school.  That sounds OK.  But at this Christian school, there is a homosexual boy on the girl's dance line.  They posted videos of their daughter on the dance line all the time and the homosexual boy wore the same sparkly top as the girl's, but instead of a short skirt - a pair of dancing pants.  They teach at the school and at their church that homosexuality is not a sin.

So, there's that.....

Progressive Christianity is all about picking and choosing what the individual wants to believe about the Bible and tossing the rest in the trash;  emphasizing the love of God and ignoring/despising the wrath of God;  rejecting the teaching of hell;  teaching and preaching that Christianity is about social justice.

It's VERY dangerous.  As being wildly popular right now, it is ruining people's lives.

And its of satan .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

A special thank you to dear sister ayin jade for exposing this fable for what it truly is a death trap .

And to all who agreed that its all a lie and death .

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.69

On 11/6/2019 at 3:15 PM, ayin jade said:

There is a movement called progressive Christianity. I feel it is a dangerous movement as it is not scriptural.

Some things that are involved in progressive Christianity include:

A lowered view of the bible. In that, the words of the bible are judged as true or not based on 21st century viewpoint. At times, personal feelings dictate what is true, not what scripture says. The bible is not a reliable source of truth, in the eyes of progressives. Im not going to link to it, but there is a large progressive church that states in its statement of beliefs that "we dont believe the bible is the inerrant or infallible word of God."

Core doctrines are reinterpreted. For example, the gospel message is not about the redemption of man from his sinful state through the sacrifice of Jesus but rather its about social justice. Social justice becomes the gospel. That same large progressive church I mentioned above states that they dont believe people of other faiths go to hell. They also state that Christianity is not the only truth.

Biblical terms are redefined. A good example of this is how love is defined in the bible versus how it is defined today. Putting the needs of others above yourself (bible) versus accepting everyone's beliefs no matter what they believe. That same church I mentioned above states that love thy neighbor means affirming gay lifestyle instead of condemning it.

I may add to this thread with quotes from progressive leaders. This movement, which arose out of the emerging church, is a dangerous trend in the church.

Signs of the end times ayin jade. There is so much more than this one example going on. I think the context of the below verse pretty much sums it up.

2 Timothy 4:3 (KJV) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

• Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2019 at 3:54 PM, Tampered With said:

To me "progressive" pretty much sets all my warning bells and whistles off right of the at the start.

Off topic just a tiny bit about the word 'progressive' and red flags. Progressive Insurance, their owner, belief's and whom the support...

On 11/6/2019 at 8:15 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I would be very interested in hearing some of their pig- ignorant quotes ....sounds a lot like the Secular TV shows that try to talk about Biblical Matters around Christmas and Easter....is there anything more sickening and boring at the same time ?

Been awhile since I've heard the phrase 'pig ignorant', we gotta be close to the same number of birthday candles :D

• Thumbs Up 1