Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not trying to promote any ideology in this discussion. I'm just a plain ole Bible student studying to shew myself approved. I've had a life long view that everything there is was created in the six day creation account. To better understand something and communicate intelligently about an issue or an opinion; I think a person needs to know and understand both [or all] sides of the issue, study or debate. I have done so, and drawn a different view of the timeline and sequence of creation based on the Bible itself. 

If someone really wants to investigate an alternate hermeneutic view of creation. I would suggest a very short 'booklet' [twenty-six pages] from "No Greater Joy Ministries" titled, "The Gap Fact", by Michael Pearl. It only costs two or three dollars shipped. Without studying the writings of Scofield, G.H. Pember and the like, this little booklet for cheap explains things very well.

Going into my studies, I had a preconceived notion and belief already in place that was hard to shake. After understanding the other hermeneutic view, I was a Berean and studied hard to see if it were so. I found no flaws in the other view, and suddenly other scripture made much more sense to me. 

Once again, I'm not being dogmatic or trying to shove my views down anyone's throat. But is it not prudent to at least know how others interpret the same words and wording we are reading?

10 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Continue, Dennis :)

Okay. My mother always said to me, "Dennis, you sound like a broken record".

Fourscore and three years ago...

Star date 1273.6...

I don't know where to start  :soapbox:

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,187
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Okay, simple question... On day one of creation week, what was the first thing created [the evening and the morning were the first day]. Don't assume, what does scripture say?

Gen 1:1-5

1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
KJV

8 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
KJV

You don't think Genesis 1:3 through 1:5 is the first day? Verse five addresses the first day and what was created, 'light'. Did God also create the darkness then or divide it?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I rarely wade into this topic (but do occasionally). My general problem with the gap theory is that it is basically in an attempt to bring the bible in line with secular scientific theorists who by-in-large, simply put, hate God, hate everything about Him, hate the thought of Him, hate the idea of bowing down to Him (which they will one day 100 percent most definitely do, like it or not), generally hate the idea of even acknowledging the possibility that there is a God. In short, if the world were not pushing cosmic evolution, biological evolution, etc. etc. etc., then this topic would basically never come up.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

18 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I rarely wade into this topic (but do occasionally). My general problem with the gap theory is that it is basically in an attempt to bring the bible in line with secular scientific theorists who by-in-large, simply put, hate God, hate everything about Him, hate the thought of Him, hate the idea of bowing down to Him (which they will one day 100 percent most definitely do, like it or not), generally hate the idea of even acknowledging the possibility that there is a God. In short, if the world were not pushing cosmic evolution, biological evolution, etc. etc. etc., then this topic would basically never come up.

Well Said!

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

You don't think Genesis 1:3 through 1:5 is the first day? Verse five addresses the first day and what was created, 'light'. Did God also create the darkness then or divide it?

Darkness didn't have to be created in the same way that the light source did, it was already upon the face of the deep, hence the need for ILLUMINATION.

20240811_Radiant-Star-1080x6751.jpg.d8c11d72ecf10ddcc99b1b714b49704b.jpg

Edited by Michael37
precision

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

day one is all that precedes it verses 1-5... In the entire narrative God makes the place then places the creative element with it day 1-6 and seven God rested in the goodness He had done!
As for the darkness yes it was a created element by God

Isa 45:7-8
7 I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.' 

8 "Rain down, you heavens, from above,
And let the skies pour down righteousness;
Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation,
And let righteousness spring up together.
I, the Lord, have created it.
NKJV

52 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness,

Yes, now we progress to the obvious conclusion that He who forms the light is also the creator of darkness. To create darkness all one has to do is exclude a light source, which is evident in the divine process of creating the first day. Until the newly minted spherical earth experienced both darkness and light the term "day" was not applicable to it.  

(1)  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
(2)  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
(3)  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
(4)  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
(5)  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

• Thumbs Up 1

And because God was the only One > Father, Son and Holy Spirit<  there~ faith was installed at that reality to those who would be created after...