• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

The first thing I want to say is, back in the States our Church had a Messianic Jewish couple come and we cerebrated Passover with them, ...it was awesome, ...they explained the feast and being born again they also explained how it represented, ...pointed to Jesus.

Now to address your question as to why I don't celebrate the Jewish feasts, ...it's because I have learned to relinquish all authority in/of my life to the Holy Spirit, I'm now following Him, walking in His footsteps, ...and truthfully, ...He hasn't led me, told me to do it.

That also means to follow His admonition to not judge anyone about what feasts, holy days or Sabbaths they keep, ...so I'm happy you have been blessed by the observance.

Years ago we attended a church here that had a Synagog next door, ...it has been my experience, ...when ever I saw one of the Jewish men outside I was "drawn" to them, ...greeted them with  "Shalom" which caused them to always take a second look at me, ...all the while it was like the Holy Spirit was doing flip-flops  inside of my heart,  and I had this sensation I was standing in front of someone that was "very" old is the only way I can explain it, it was like I was standing with Abraham and one of his descendents, ...kind  of like it was like someone out of the Old Testament, ...it probably sounds bizarre, ...but that's the only way I can explain it.

Lord bless  

In Leviticus 23:2, the Lord refers to the Sabbath and the Holy days as "the feasts of the Lord". They are not Jewish holy days. In fact, truthfully, they belong to the Lord and He is the one that commands their observance.  Also, though "Jews" have come to mean Israel, that wasn't always the case. Jacob became known as Israel and there were 12 tribes or sons from Him. Though later it became 13 as Joseph's birthright went unto Ephraim and Manasseh. You ought to research the location of these tribes or nations now, it will surprise you.  The scriptures being quoted in regards to judgment has no application here. I am simply giving a section of scripture in Zechariah that states the Lord will insist that the world keep the Feast. Why? If it isn't important, if it has been done away with, if it doesn't matter.... then why make the world keep it?  

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

1 minute ago, Alive said:

Yes--in the Millennial Age.

This is the Church Age and still the time of the Gentiles.

so what does this mean? That it is okay to ignore the Lord's Holy Days, to simply do as we desire?  Once again, why does the Lord insist that they will have to be kept?  Why will it matter then but not now?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

When looking at Zechariah 14 in verse 4 it shows our Lord Jesus is going to return to this earth and that the mount of Olives will split in two and then later in verses 16 through 19 that one of the things required by our Lord Jesus is that the world keep the Feast of Tabernacles, which is one of God's holy days. I recently kept God's fall holy days, and I yearn for the time when all will do so. It saddens me that so many upon the earth would choose to ignore them at this time in preference to their own holidays based upon worldly traditions. Many will say they only are to be kept by the Jews or will say they were done away with. Yet those days are listed as God's holy days and Zechariah clearly shows that they will be required as part of the worship of the Lord Jesus and that He will punish those who refuse. So how can these days have been abolished if the Lord still requires their observance even in his kingdom?  Why are so many so quick to defend their traditions but are also so quick to ignore the holy days listed throughout scripture?

Hi Tigger,

I Just want to point out what Paul says here...Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath daysWhich are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. (Col. 2:16-17)

We as the church celebrate Christ Jesus who has become our Passover. He is the bread broken, the Blood shed upon the cross for us, We celebrate this feast by receiving His Testimony, that He is the Lamb of God. The fall feasts will be fulfilled in the end times, in a similar fashion, As we Tabernacle with the LORD in the Wilderness of His provision. We Will honor that feast as well in Christ Jesus who is our redeemer and provider, and our King, Much like we celebrate the feast of Passover when we have communion and celebrate his resurrection. I Do not call this easter,I call this Resurrection Sunday.

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (1 Cor. 5:7-8)

So there is the shadow, and the real thing that the shadow foretold is to come. He is our Holy Days, Just like He is our Sabbath rest. When we come to Him we enter His resting place and rest from our works. Understanding the feast of tabernacles is important to a Christian, Celebrating it will be to Celebrate Christ Jesus Our King when he comes riding on the White Horse to rule. What tabernacles represents is the turning of our season of sorrow into a season of Joy. The 40 days of sorrow beginning with Elul 1 leading up to the day of atonement represents the tribulation and great tribulation of birth pangs and conception, The Joy comes after the Birth occurs. The contractions of this birthing process are increasing as we speak, and soon, that actual great tribulation of delivery will occur.  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. (Romans 8:22-23)

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Tigger56 said:

so what does this mean? That it is okay to ignore the Lord's Holy Days, to simply do as we desire?  Once again, why does the Lord insist that they will have to be kept?  Why will it matter then but not now?

It means that we should heed what Paul said about the matter. Why would you argue with Paul? Do you believe that what he wrote is God's word to us?

Paul was very clear on this issue.

Rom. 14:1   Now aaccept the one who is bweak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. 2 aOne person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is bweak eats vegetables only. 3 The one who eats is not to aregard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to bjudge the one who eats, for God has caccepted him. 4 aWho are you to judge the 1servant of another? To his own 2master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Rom. 14:5   aOne person 1regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be bfully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, 1does so for the Lord, for he agives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7 For not one of us alives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore awhether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end aChrist died and lived again, that He might be bLord both of the dead and of the living.

Rom. 14:10   But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you aregard your brother with contempt? For bwe will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

11  For it is written,

aAS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, bEVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME,

AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL 1GIVE PRAISE TO GOD.”

12 So then aeach one of us will give an account of himself to God.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

There is a real reluctance from some to even look at the Feasts. It's so strange...

Studying His Word (all of it, not just Paul) is for all people, yes gentiles included. 

Learning and reading and heeding His Word is part of loving Him, for most other service that people talking about actually concerns loving our neighbour.  That is part of loving God, true.  But not all, as it mainly concerns our neighbour.

How then, do we love God?  Should we take the view of some and show with our words and actions that "What's important to you, God, is not important to me!"  

If we love God and want to do so with our heart, soul and strength - we need to ask ourselves "What kind of things did God speak about?"  and "What kinds of things were important to God".  After all, we have plenty of His words in the Tanakh and the Messiah AND apostles pointed us back to it, repeatedly.  

So then, What kind of things did God speak about and what things were important to Him (besides how we love our neighbour)?  I'm not talking a quote here and a quote there.  I mean in general, throughout the Bible, what kinds of things did He speak about and were important to Him? 

Shouldn't we start THERE if we want to love Him, lest we only express love to our neighbour and just give God generic lip service.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

If you want to keep the feasts, then you should do so.

We all learn from them, as I mentioned earlier.

You make a mistake when you infer that ones who don't 'keep' the feasts---don't value what God thinks, etc.

Why are you applying pressure?

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

7 minutes ago, Alive said:

Why would you argue with Paul? Do you believe that what he wrote is God's word to us?

Why do you believe Paul if he seems to contract Yahweh Himself?  Or maybe Paul has been misunderstood... 2 Peter 3:16.  What seems more likely to you? I'll go with the Apostle Peter's opinion.

What, should we say the Bible is written with completely harmony and unity of message until Paul comes along and then it's suddenly skewed at the end and things have to change?  God is not the author of confusion. 

No, the message from Genesis is the same through to Revelation.  It is Paul who has been misunderstood.  Otherwise, why would Yahweh preserve the wealth of the Old Testament?  Couldn't the Father cut it down massively if it wasn't needed now it was "all change"? 

Be careful on this matter.  If you want to believe that the Bible is unified in message until Paul, when it becomes different, you need to assess who you are giving more credit to and the path of logic...

What is more likely.  The Bible's message being harmonious across thousands of years and multiple authors, even in the Messiah Himself - until the letters of Paul,  which change the message, OR, that you have misunderstood Paul.  Which seems more likely out of those two?  

Therefore, there is nothing wrong with the Feasts.  On the contrary, they are blessed!  But why on earth would anyone speak against them or Torah?  Better to not speak of Torah or the Feasts at all, rather than speak against them.

Love & Shalom

• Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

36 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Actually the scripture you used doesn't answer the questions posed in my post. I stated that the Lord Jesus will command the world to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. Perhaps our Lord is being too judgmental in his insistence that He be obeyed. But insist he will.  

Well I'm not going to argue about it. I am just going to walk my Christian walk the best I can. If Jesus wants  me to celebrate a certain day then I am sure he will let me know.  

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

10 minutes ago, Alive said:

Why are you applying pressure?

I'm certainly not.  It makes no difference to me if you do or don't keep the Feasts. 

Hopefully, in turn, you are not applying any pressure to others to not discuss or keep the Feasts because that makes them "legalistic".  That would be nonsense as salvation doesn't come through observing Feasts.

But what a beautiful chance to serve Him and express how what is important to Him is important to us.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

The first thing I want to say is, back in the States our Church had a Messianic Jewish couple come and we cerebrated Passover with them, ...it was awesome, ...they explained the feast and being born again they also explained how it represented, ...pointed to Jesus.

We had something like that at the church I attend a few years ago. A Jewish man who became a Christian came and taught us how Passover was done. We passed the bread that they eat and did the whole ceremony and he explain everything. I did enjoy that very much. 

• Praise God! 2