• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Indeed very kind advice. Thanks. 

However, when i was bereaved some years ago, i coped by talking to my late husbands photo and remembering him. BUT i never sensed any presence here. Never felt he was still around. This friend is a strong sensible lady, a christian. She says there is a definite presence which she feels is her sister who died this year. She says she felt a similar presence when her other older sister died. 

I have no explanation for it. 

The Bible is quite clear about contacting the spirits of the dead, and it is a serious no no. I don't know of any way of telling if a spirit is of demonic or some departed person, but the Bible basically tells us not to interface with any of them.  I personally don't think the presence is a person, but one of the demonic spirits, if a spirit at all and just an internal coping thing.  I know it's comforting to think this person is still around watching over things, but it isn't anywhere in the Bible that I am aware of...... but it does speak of us not contacting the dead.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Dear sister, when God created Adam he was created in the image of God, ...since God can't die then in His image Adam didn't have any wisdom as to what to do with the death of Abel, ...since we are born in the resemblance and image of fallen Adam that means we too don't have any internal way of dealing with death, ...we don't have a file to place it in and arrange it in a filing cabinet, out of sight and out of mind, ...and forget about it.

Since you say your friend has received Christ then she can ask Jesus for His peace that goes beyond all human understanding:

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Php4:6-7

Maybe at your next home group all lay hands on her, ask her to, from her heart, give her grief to Jesus 1 Pet 5:7 and pray for His peace to flood her soul, ...we can be certain, as a new born babe in Christ, the enemy is angry for losing one of his subjects, ...we must remember our minds are the battle field in spiritual warfare, ...maybe a good topic for the next home group is:

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;  2 Cor 10:5 

Lord bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Heb 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Lev 19:31  Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Deu 18:10  There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,   Deu 18:11  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.  Deu 18:12  For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you.

H178   (Word Study Dictionary)  אוֹב  ’ôḇ: A masculine noun meaning a conjured spirit, a medium or necromancer; or a leather bottle. The primary use of the word is connected to the occult practice of necromancy or consulting the dead. It is used to signify a conjurer who professes to call up the dead by means of magic, especially to give revelation about future uncertainties (1Sa 28:7; Isa 8:19); a man or woman who has a familiar spirit (Lev 20:27; 1Ch 10:13; Isa 29:4)

A familiar spirit has its root in the word family; it was an evil spirit that imitated the loved one who has passed away.  James Pyke was an Episcopal priest who was drawn away from God by trying to communicate with his dead son.  Many Christians who are not grounded in God's word get drawn away from God and into the occult through this.  The enemy attacks when we are most vulnerable, as Jesus was when he fasted and was lead into the wilderness to be tempted by satan, or when we are grieving.  It is fairly common that this occurs, which is why people from Mexico who observe the Day of The Dead often make shrines for their dead relatives and leave food for them and other rituals to invite the deceiving spirits to speak with them.  Remember that satan can change himself into and angel of light to deceive us.  

2Co 11:13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.   2Co 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  

• Well Said! 2

• 7 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 11/27/2019 at 7:04 PM, Melinda12 said:

Could i please have guidance on what could be happening here? What does the Bible say about any possibility of a loved one's soul still being able to communicate with the living. 

Saul tried to communicate with Samuel, weirdly it happened through the witchdoctor, it implies that its possible to happen but it is extremely rare and the old testament talks about how God doesnt want his people to see soothsayers, etc. It goes to show that Once a person dies they go to a different realm, its not possible to contact a dead person and feel their presence. 

42 minutes ago, Prycejosh1987 said:

Saul tried to communicate with Samuel, weirdly it happened through the witchdoctor, it implies that its possible to happen but it is extremely rare and the old testament talks about how God doesnt want his people to see soothsayers, etc. It goes to show that Once a person dies they go to a different realm, its not possible to contact a dead person and feel their presence. 

Hi

Well people definitely do encounter presences through mediums. My understanding is that these are evil spirits impersonating the deceased. Preying on the vulnerable grieving. Is this correct you think?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Melinda12 said:

Hi

Well people definitely do encounter presences through mediums. My understanding is that these are evil spirits impersonating the deceased. Preying on the vulnerable grieving. Is this correct you think?

I would say so.