• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

A methodist church in california put up a nativity with joseph mary and baby Jesus in separate cages. It is a political statement about the way they perceive what is happening to illegals. So they trashed the birth of Christ.

Your thoughts?

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/azfamily.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/49/24985357-4ae8-5b9c-902a-8c7d3466811b/5dee7241e6e13.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C790

Article

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_world_news/church-nativity-scene-depicts-jesus-mary-and-joseph-as-refugees/article_5e57661d-f790-5f71-9c28-ad8848aae51c.html

one interesting thing in the article is the pastor's assertion that people who crossed border is looking a asylum?

is she referring to Mexicans illegally crossing the border?

if so, how do those Mexicans qualified for Asylum?

were they persecuted back in Mexico and is running for their lives?

sorry i am not up to date with the situation, i would love to hear what you guys think.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Equippers said:

i would love to hear what you guys think.

The US of A is the land of opportunity for most anyone willing to devote themself to  working very hard.  That exists perhaps  nowhere else on earth today. Because it exists people are going to crash the gates  to get in. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if they are illegal or legal, they are equally desirous of the incredible opportunity that is America, US of A, today.

Those of us here already may set up as many rules as we think are desirable. Some may say the US of A cannot feed nor house nor educate all that are coming, but they are coming anyway! 

Bad people, very bad people, on both sides of the gate are trying to make money off the individuals crashing the gate. Some are politicians, some are smugglers, dope dealers,  slave traffickers and are evil people for sure;  but that changes nothing for many are coming for the opportunity that is here. Those coming will and do risk all to get in.

May God's mercy on us within the US of A be visited on all that will make it here to work hard to prosper, raising their own young at the USofA. May many hear the gospel of Jesus here as part of their own dispersion (of a sort) experience, and may the HolySpirit call to them individually and specifically turning many about to their own repentance from sin against God. Then may they too go about the  sharing of the  the gospel with all the world including the USA praising God for His mercy and grace on them.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

10 hours ago, samuelg1 said:

I wonder if that church will put up a display depicting Jesus being murdered by the Jews. 

Jesus Christ was birthed, nursed and raised by a Jew.

11 hours ago, samuelg1 said:

I oppose racism, but a realistic and honest discussion of crime, illegal immigration, drug and human trafficking are now being re-defined as "racist." It's a crazy world we live in.

There has not been a “realistic” conversation about this. Who are the people giving the illegal immigrants jobs and exploiting them? Who are buying the illegal drugs coming over here? And who in the world are the “human trafficking” customers??

Answer those questions if you want to have a realistic conversation.

Edited by ReneeIW

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, ayin jade said:

A methodist church in california put up a nativity with joseph mary and baby Jesus in separate cages. It is a political statement about the way they perceive what is happening to illegals. So they trashed the birth of Christ.

Your thoughts?

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/azfamily.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/49/24985357-4ae8-5b9c-902a-8c7d3466811b/5dee7241e6e13.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C790

Article

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_world_news/church-nativity-scene-depicts-jesus-mary-and-joseph-as-refugees/article_5e57661d-f790-5f71-9c28-ad8848aae51c.html

Disrespect for God and the birth of Jesus Christ.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, ayin jade said:

So they trashed the birth of Christ.

Your thoughts?

It makes me think about things. And something that makes me think to me is always good. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Thats not why they did it. The church specifically states it was to show the treatment of illegals, as far as they perceive it. 

Seems interesting to me that we are more upset about plastic figurines being behind catches then we are about real people.  Real families and children.  

I'm just saying. :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Disrespect for God and the birth of Jesus Christ.

Some would argue that the nativity scene is disrespectful in and of itself because it is a “graven image.” 

IMO, we disrespect God when we mistreat others. That said, I don’t like the Church getting involved in political issues because Christians as a whole have been used and exploited to get votes for those seeking power. 

If that church truly cares about the issue, then I hope they are sending resources to those whom they believe are unfairly locked in cages,  versus just putting on a display.

Edited by ReneeIW

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Seems interesting to me that we are more upset about plastic figurines being behind catches then we are about real people.  Real families and children.  

Live in a border state and you see what the media doesnt want to talk about. The cartels taking over parts of my state. Areas where the feds have put up signs warning americans to keep out of an area because of the invasion from the south. The shootouts  on the highways. The multiple armed checkpoints one has to go through just to travel within the state. Americans killed by the invaders. Property destroyed by invaders. The rampant kidnappings of americans by coyotes. It was reported to be one a day on average in phoenix alone. When looked at by an outside agency that didnt believe that figure, it was shown to be much higher. 

Come down here and see for yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I think you can be upset about both. And it’s easier to do something about the nativity scene than it is about the political issue, which is a very, very complicated issue.