• Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Things are even worse ...

My husband the news junkie, just told me a news item about a new tv show on netflix in brazil. It is a "comedy" about a gay Jesus, bringing home his boyfriend. There is a large outcry against the show. No idea if that will do any good.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/17/netflix-show-portraying-jesus-as-gay-sparks-anger-in-brazil

Pretty vile teasing  of Christians by the ministers of distractions, of which there are many today.

Prayer to God is I think our best weapon, for that kind of  prayer asks God to deal with the issue. God answers prayer.  The saints then wait on God's leading. Perhaps He will lead and then use  some of us, perhaps He will do whatever He wills to do without using  any  of us at all.

Overall I think the best effect  for Christians comes when such evil intensifies our recognition of our need of God and His answering our prayers.   I learn as I go along. So  it will be interesting to read what others feel God's lead is for them. I'm learning  and being led to learn more about prayer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know about that. I myself do not feel like Christianity is under any kind of attack. At less not here in the US. But yeah  in other countries. 

But the world is going to do what the world dose. Because it is the world. We can't see everything that go against our believe at an attack. Because that is just how the world is going to be.  

Not under any kind of attack-   Gee I find that it has been pretty pervasive for two  decades or more now. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

we need to voice our objection to such a movie

9But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. 10As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, 11knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Not under any kind of attack-   Gee I find that it has been pretty pervasive for two  decades or more now. 

Well so far no one has stop me from going to church or put me in jail for posting Bible verses. So I do not feel as though I am under attack.

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well so far no one has stop me from going to church or put me in jail for posting Bible verses. So I do not feel as though I am under attack.

Okay.

I will not detail  here where the battle has been fought for the past twenty years.  I just share that it is going on, and has been ongoing for twenty years now..

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I don't like what Hallmark Did

We had a Hallmark Card store at one of our malls for a number of years. It was always managed by sweet Christian ladies of impeccable taste and discretion. They stocked cute gifts for women, keepsakes, adorable stuffed animals, and delightful mantle-shelf figurines. Half of their inventory of cards were Hallmark, but they also had others that were more economical. They did have a small amount of Christian cards, and I was always able to find just the right one to touch the heart. Those were the days. 

They closed both of their stores a few years ago. I sure miss them and wish they hadn't disappeared. A lot of married and hope-to-be people flocked to the Hallmark store. It is disheartening to know the corporation compromised themselves by giving into the LGBT community. Fortunately, I no longer have need to purchase cards anymore. You can get them at a Dollar Tree Store - Walmart also has a pretty good selection. Mom was always pleased with ones I found there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Personally I can no longer afford to buy cards but when I could Hallmark cards were my favorite. So Hallmark made a TV ad showing a lesbian wedding, which then lead to a Christian Mothers Group putting in a major complaint to Hallmark. At that point Hallmark took the ad off TV. But then the LBTQ people screamed "discrimination" and now the ad is back on TV. Maybe we will ultimately lose against the LBTQ people but I don't think we should just lay down and die. Although they'd love it if we did. People who are into letter writing should send Hallmark written complaints so they know what's happening, but the rest of us need to not buy anything made by Hallmark. If we do this for even 1 whole year it will send Hallmark a notice they can't totally ignore. But we all have to do it.

There is nothing quite like a hand written note of appreciation for it does speak of some thought given to reflecting upon and responding, more so than  a text message; but today I suspect most of us do not write, we text or e-mail only. No stamps, no envelops, no postman no time constraints. 

There are a few  e-mail card companies too.

----------

What I do is whip a piece of printer paper out of the machine give it a four fold, feather  two edges by tearing off two strips by hand and then I draw my own card and message, sign it, and post a seal on the back. Then I hand deliver each one if possible.

Most of my cards acknowledging birthdays are made out in pencil, sometimes with a colored pencil or two added if they are available to me.

Individuals seem to like them-

On a wedding anniversary I make a very large card with some personal artwork on much heavier artist paper stock. Add some tickets purchased online to some concert or pro baseball game or weekend retreat, and voila done; and it is personal too.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I am curious. If you have kids and they go to a  public school, are they able to pray openly at any time they wish anywhere in the school (without disrupting classes)?

In my area they cannot. In fact, in my area, a child who had a notebook with a cross on it was told to leave it at home. That ended up going to the courts. People are not permitted to say merry Christmas in stores. Half, if not more, of the churches I pass have gay flags or rainbow icons showing that they are openly welcoming gay lifestyle. These are churches that once were sound.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/16/2019 at 1:09 PM, JTC said:

I used to always buy Hallmark cards but I wont now. Hallmark made a TV ad showing 2 women kissing and possibly being married. Some complaints came in so Hallmark removed their ad. But then the minority group known as the LBT community made a LOT of noise so Hallmark put their pro homosexual ad back on TV. We need to complain louder than them because most people are not homosexual. I will not buy a Hallmark card for a least 1 year. If we all do this Hallmark will notice it.  

I hear ya. I said the same thing in...

I am sad and disgusted. Eventually them people are going to start crying how much God offends them to get Him removed from books and movies, and prevent movies and such even saying anything about God/Bible, etc. If they keep winning these victories, they will never stop fighting for more.

Edited by The Survivor