• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

Beauty of Jesus

The Songs of Songs : 5:10-16

There is perhaps no other passage in scripture (apart from Revelation 1-3 ) where the Person of Jesus is revealed in 10 facets of his personality. The passion of the Holy Spirit to exalt and honor the person of Jesus is evident here. It is a great tragedy that in our time the body of Christ spend so little time to consider the person of Jesus, we tend to be more focused on our personal needs and fail to make him our obsession. However if we were to make him our obsession, all other issues will come in line and we’ll find that in the revelation of him we are changed from glory to glory.

The daughters of Jerusalem ask the bride: how is your beloved better than others! She responds by simply speaking of His beauty. We know that He is the perfection of beauty, transcendent beauty. But here she is speaking of beauty that she had beheld and tasted of.  He is delightful a delight to behold. He is beauty beyond comprehension, exceeding beauty. Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD, God of hosts. Only those who stand in bridal intimacy before him can see him for who he really is.

Here is a summary of what the bride has beheld in gazing upon him:

My beloved is dazzling. He is radiating with light. As the Son of man, He is unique. He stands alone fairer than the sons of men (Psalm 45:2).  His leadership over my life is perfect because He has been tempted in every point as a man, faced every kind of pressure in life, endured the deepest pain and sorrow and has overcome them, when I cry out to him, he runs to my help and brings aid.

His dedication to me is unceasing, eternally vigorous. His banner over me is loyal love. He cherishes me and embraces me even in my weakness calling forth the things that be not as though they were.  His emotions towards me are strong, fervent and intense- that's because He is so in love with me. No one else will love me and care for me that much. When He speaks ,His words are filled with grace and truth. His hands, they are strong and mighty to save. His tender yearnings to show mercy is beyond my capacity to comprehend. His ruler ship over my life: he deals with absolute justice and mercy in every situation. His ways are ways of pleasantness, and all his paths are peace . They lead to life and in the end it will deliver a crown of glory to me.

His whole countenance is full of majesty, strength and beauty and fragrance. And above all, there is nothing as exhilarating as the pleasure of loving him.

This is my beloved and my close friend. This is why I am lovesick for him.

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Thanks for posting this.   Truly beautiful.

When I was a child, the impression I had of Jesus was His great kindness and love, especially towards the hurting or defenseless.   It's wonderful when we experience that from our fellow Christians.

love-bible-verse-14.jpg.68996b493c8e42d4f4aa6d4fd152255b.jpg

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,195
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@Worship Warriors

This I had to listen to a couple of times, probably will listen again. So many and such real and deep truths, does the heart good. 

Blessings for the post. 

May God bless you with Himself, again, as I know He will.

In Christ, Not me 

@Debp

Yours was a blessing to read also. Love to see Christ in a post. 

Be blessed Debp, Not me :)

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member

@Not me

It impacted me also.

• Well Said! 2

3 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

@Not me

It impacted me also.

I am undone at the moment. They have taken away my Lord and I must get back into focus in search for more of Him like I have done before. 

• Praise God! 1

@Worship Warriors

The title of this post ring a bell in my heart which I thought you might have a thought on?

“Beauty of Jesus”

Was thinking that since Jesus is righteousness, than, what would be the; 

“Beauty of Righteousness”

It’s something I’ve thought on before, but I received  no light from God on (yet) so thought I’d toss it out towards you (and everyone) maybe God has granted someone some light on the thought. 

Anyways my pondering this a.m. 

Be blessed in/with God, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,256
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 12/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, Worship Warriors said:

Beauty of Jesus

The Songs of Songs : 5:10-16

There is perhaps no other passage in scripture (apart from Revelation 1-3 ) where the Person of Jesus is revealed in 10 facets of his personality. The passion of the Holy Spirit to exalt and honor the person of Jesus is evident here. It is a great tragedy that in our time the body of Christ spend so little time to consider the person of Jesus, we tend to be more focused on our personal needs and fail to make him our obsession. However if we were to make him our obsession, all other issues will come in line and we’ll find that in the revelation of him we are changed from glory to glory.

The daughters of Jerusalem ask the bride: how is your beloved better than others! She responds by simply speaking of His beauty. We know that He is the perfection of beauty, transcendent beauty. But here she is speaking of beauty that she had beheld and tasted of.  He is delightful a delight to behold. He is beauty beyond comprehension, exceeding beauty. Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD, God of hosts. Only those who stand in bridal intimacy before him can see him for who he really is.

Here is a summary of what the bride has beheld in gazing upon him:

My beloved is dazzling. He is radiating with light. As the Son of man, He is unique. He stands alone fairer than the sons of men (Psalm 45:2).  His leadership over my life is perfect because He has been tempted in every point as a man, faced every kind of pressure in life, endured the deepest pain and sorrow and has overcome them, when I cry out to him, he runs to my help and brings aid.

His dedication to me is unceasing, eternally vigorous. His banner over me is loyal love. He cherishes me and embraces me even in my weakness calling forth the things that be not as though they were.  His emotions towards me are strong, fervent and intense- that's because He is so in love with me. No one else will love me and care for me that much. When He speaks ,His words are filled with grace and truth. His hands, they are strong and mighty to save. His tender yearnings to show mercy is beyond my capacity to comprehend. His ruler ship over my life: he deals with absolute justice and mercy in every situation. His ways are ways of pleasantness, and all his paths are peace . They lead to life and in the end it will deliver a crown of glory to me.

His whole countenance is full of majesty, strength and beauty and fragrance. And above all, there is nothing as exhilarating as the pleasure of loving him.

This is my beloved and my close friend. This is why I am lovesick for him.

Amen, Every time I think of Him, to me, He knows how much I love Him by keeping His sayings and doing His good pleasures day and night. The title of this post is very embracing in all aspects of the thought of Him. All of our resources exist to guide you toward everlasting joy in Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the light of the world, who brings His light in our hearts, so we also become bright shining lights in this world. I'am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’ (John 8:12)

Love always, Walter

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, Not me said:

@Worship Warriors

The title of this post ring a bell in my heart which I thought you might have a thought on?

“Beauty of Jesus”

Was thinking that since Jesus is righteousness, than, what would be the; 

“Beauty of Righteousness”

It’s something I’ve thought on before, but I received  no light from God on (yet) so thought I’d toss it out towards you (and everyone) maybe God has granted someone some light on the thought. 

Anyways my pondering this a.m. 

Be blessed in/with God, Not me 

Beauty of holiness is what is the center of worship around the throne.

The seraphim do not cease  to cry out day and night: holy holy holy 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,256
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

2 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

Amen,  Hi Worship Warriors, I thought of the time when Jesus was transfigured, that must have been a beautiful event to witness, but what are your thoughts ?

Mark 9:2-13

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Well Said! 1

5 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

The Beauty of Holiness and the Beauty of Righteousness, same???

Curious; both would have the same quality of being that thing that would be free from all disorder. 

(Pondering before God.) 

In Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1