• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Two groups of people. Those who are born again believers and those who are not. 

Do the born again believers all commit themselves to obeying the Lord's commandments?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Christdiedforoursins said:

just one thing Jesus didn't work on the Sabbath he kept it holy,but he was falsely accused for working by the pharisees he did not obey the  traditions and rules  of the elders and 

The 4th commandment tells us that we are to do no work at all on the Sabbath....   not even kindle a fire if you are cold...   it's my understanding that a person was stoned just for picking up sticks one day.

Now when Jesus was accused of working on the Sabbath, he did not correct the Jews who were accusing him of doin so, he openly admitted it.....    said he was working and also so was the Father...

One can rationalize that any way one wants to, but the word is quite literal about it.....      and btw I am not saying that Jesus sinned and we are all going to hell, I'm saying that at his presence he annulled all the old law.    Yes he did keep the sabbath holy, but he did so just like he demands that we do...…   by living a holy life every minute of every day and not one day a week.   Unlike those that were here before Jesus we now have the Holy Spirit within us and are with God all day every day.....   we no longer need a Sabbath to focus on him.....   and we should not need to worship him in a special way on a specific day we should be doing so all the time.

Jesus took away all the old law and basically gave us two new ones to take their place...…    and those two laws are much more comprehensive than the old laws....   for if you look into the new laws in depth, he made it sinful to even want to break any of the old laws...…    don't murder.....    nope not even hate the person much less kill him....     with the new law, "Am I my brothers keeper?"     Yep, you sure are.

It is much more difficult and probably impossible to be a real Christian without having the Holy Spirit guiding you....   that's what's meant by living in the Spirit.

You can go through your whole life and not ever break one of the ten commandments and still go to hell for those commandments were intended to teach people how to live at peace with each other...…    Jesus's commandments/laws are to teach us how to live at peace with God....  and I have learned that it is much easier with the Spirit to be a Christian than it was before I turned everything over to him and tried to keep his old laws.

Teaching people to try and keep the old laws is no more proper than Peter telling people that they must be circumcised....

You must be born again....   born spiritually to be able to interface with the Holy Spirit....   then all you have to do is listen and follow his direction and the longer you work on Jesus being your Lord, the closer that relationship grows...

Love God with all your heart, and Love each other....    Love everyone....    He died for us all, even in our worst states spiritually and we should do the same....

I should stop now or this would grow into a book.....

Merry Christmas to each and every one....

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Do the born again believers all commit themselves to obeying the Lord's commandments?

Everyone is a sinner. Born again believers are not perfect. No one is perfect. We will not be perfect until we get to heaven. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Everyone is a sinner. Born again believers are not perfect. No one is perfect. We will not be perfect until we get to heaven. 

Jesus commanded us to repent (Matt 4:17) and to "be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matt 5:48). I believe Jesus meant what he said.

• Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus commanded us to repent (Matt 4:17) and to "be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matt 5:48). I believe Jesus meant what he said.

As we read in Matthew 5:48, God’s children are called to be perfect. This does not mean that humans can obtain the same holy perfection as God, for He alone is set apart in holiness (Isaiah 6:3Psalm 99:9Exodus 15:11). The call to be perfect is what the apostle Paul meant when he said, “Be imitators of God, as beloved children” (Ephesians 5:1, ESV). As children tend to imitate their parents, God’s children ought to imitate their Lord and reflect His perfection in the way they live.

The idea of spiritual maturity relates closely to the word perfection in the Bible. Humans are not perfect, but followers of Christ are encouraged to seek perfection: “And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing” (James 1:4, ESV). Paul said that he had not yet obtained perfection but had made it his goal: “I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me” (Philippians 3:12, NLT). Paul knew that perfection for believers would only be realized in the life to come (verses 13–21).

https://www.gotquestions.org/perfection-in-the-Bible.html

Edited by missmuffet
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

The only way to find out is to repent.

Their is another post you can see on this topic my friend .called repentance

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

1 hour ago, Christdiedforoursins said:

Their is another post you can see on this topic my friend .called repentance

But like I say, the only way to find out is to repent.

• Oy Vey! 1

14 hours ago, other one said:

Edited by Christdiedforoursins

15 hours ago, other one said:

Edited by Christdiedforoursins

6 hours ago, other one said:

The 4th commandment tells us that we are to do no work at all on the Sabbath....   not even kindle a fire if you are cold...   it's my understanding that a person was stoned just for picking up sticks one day.

Now when Jesus was accused of working on the Sabbath, he did not correct the Jews who were accusing him of doin so, he openly admitted it.....    said he was working and also so was the Father...

One can rationalize that any way one wants to, but the word is quite literal about it.....      and btw I am not saying that Jesus sinned and we are all going to hell, I'm saying that at his presence he annulled all the old law.    Yes he did keep the sabbath holy, but he did so just like he demands that we do...…   by living a holy life every minute of every day and not one day a week.   Unlike those that were here before Jesus we now have the Holy Spirit within us and are with God all day every day.....   we no longer need a Sabbath to focus on him.....   and we should not need to worship him in a special way on a specific day we should be doing so all the time.

Jesus took away all the old law and basically gave us two new ones to take their place...…    and those two laws are much more comprehensive than the old laws....   for if you look into the new laws in depth, he made it sinful to even want to break any of the old laws...…    don't murder.....    nope not even hate the person much less kill him....     with the new law, "Am I my brothers keeper?"     Yep, you sure are.

It is much more difficult and probably impossible to be a real Christian without having the Holy Spirit guiding you....   that's what's meant by living in the Spirit.

You can go through your whole life and not ever break one of the ten commandments and still go to hell for those commandments were intended to teach people how to live at peace with each other...…    Jesus's commandments/laws are to teach us how to live at peace with God....  and I have learned that it is much easier with the Spirit to be a Christian than it was before I turned everything over to him and tried to keep his old laws.

Teaching people to try and keep the old laws is no more proper than Peter telling people that they must be circumcised....

You must be born again....   born spiritually to be able to interface with the Holy Spirit....   then all you have to do is listen and follow his direction and the longer you work on Jesus being your Lord, the closer that relationship grows...

Love God with all your heart, and Love each other....    Love everyone....    He died for us all, even in our worst states spiritually and we should do the same....

I should stop now or this would grow into a book.....

Merry Christmas to each and every one....

Thank you for the message .

So you got me thinking..remember when Jesus disciples asked Jesus what they must do to work the works of God Jesus told them the work of God is to believe in him .

Jesus' presence did not abolish the law.Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it .

If Jesus did break the Sabbath day or not keep it holy he would not have been our spottless sacrificial lamb.

Remember just because Jesus is silent doesn't mean his accusers are right .he was largely silent and undefensive throughout his trial.

Because Jesus is god and the law maker he fulfilled the the law on  behalf of mankind .as the testator of the old covenant he died and brought in a new covenant and everlasting covenant in his blood that we can be saved by faith in him and recieve eternal life .

The law of God was a school master to accuse us almost so that the whole world would be guilt before God and call out to Jesus for salvation 

The new commandment Jesus gave his dicipkes was to love one another as he had loved us .love is the fulfillment of the law.

My main point was that Jesus even being the Lord of the sabbath did not break the Sabbath but indeed kept it holy.

By having faith in Jesus Christ we enter into rest from dead works .and walk in a new and living way which he showed us and it is Love ...love God and live our neighbour. Love is the greatest gift the spirit of God can give us.I think also spoke too much ha ha I realy enjoyed that you made me think twice.I do think we might of misunderstood each other a bit but I appreciate what you have shared and agree with us walking by faith in love  and not trusting in observing the works of the law.thank you so much for you message .I have learnt much from you.?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2