• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The premise of your question is faulty. It's like me asking my dad why he is a terrible person. He can't answer the question because the premise is faulty - he is not a terrible person.

With all due respect to your dad.........  Actually, im just pointing out that you can't explain the Grace of God, and,   You can't explain why the Blood Atonement that saved you, keeps you saved.

You can't explain  this verse.  Philippians 1:6 .... "God who started your salvation in you, will Himself be faithful to complete it",  because it denies your entire concept of God's salvation,   as given as a Gift on the Cross.

You can't explain what Jesus meant when He said,  just before dying on the Cross.    "Its is finished", because you have no idea what was finished.

You are a legalist, teaching the heresy that repenting is why people keeps themselves out of Hell.   So, this false nonsense denies the Savior's BLOOD ATONEMENT, that is the actual reason the born again don't go to hell.

You dont have a clue about "Justification by faith".  You are a contradiction to Paul, and you are allowed to waste other believers time here, because the Mods here try generally allow heretics a little bit too much  rope and leeway.

My advice to you, is to turn from your Cross denying rants, and instead give all the credit due Jesus The Lord for saving the born again, and keeping them saved.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Not only that, there is the serious matter of sanctification and God's holiness which prevents anyone spiritually unclean from approaching Him.

Hebrews 4:16 :

16  """"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we  may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.""

1 Corinthians 1:30. : """ It is because of GOD that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, SANCTIFICATION, and redemption.""

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

58 minutes ago, Behold said:

With all due respect to your dad.........  Actually, im just pointing out that you can't explain the Grace of God, and,   You can't explain why the Blood Atonement that saved you, keeps you saved.

You can't explain  this verse.  Philippians 1:6 .... "God who started your salvation in you, will Himself be faithful to complete it",  because it denies your entire concept of God's salvation,   as given as a Gift on the Cross.

You can't explain what Jesus meant when He said,  just before dying on the Cross.    "Its is finished", because you have no idea what was finished.

You are a legalist, teaching the heresy that repenting is why people keeps themselves out of Hell.   So, this false nonsense denies the Savior's BLOOD ATONEMENT, that is the actual reason the born again don't go to hell.

You dont have a clue about "Justification by faith".  You are a contradiction to Paul, and you are allowed to waste other believers time here, because the Mods here try generally allow heretics a little bit too much  rope and leeway.

My advice to you, is to turn from your Cross denying rants, and instead give all the credit due Jesus The Lord for saving the born again, and keeping them saved.

I can't explain the grace of God? He creates us. He shows us the way. He forgives us. What do you want to add?

Edited by johnthebaptist

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

stop calling those of us who do not buy into once saved always saved as it is presented by many or its followers "legalists" .. we are not such, for we are abiding by God's commands, not man's legalisms and we do not view obedience to God as "works" or "earning Heaven" .. 

Philippians 1:6 .... "God who started your salvation in you, will Himself be faithful to complete it", .. how many times do you have to be told that God is faithful, loving, not wanting any to perish, etcetra ... but man may not be .. God will faithfully complete our salvation IF we submit to His doing so .. God will not force us as, in all logic and common sense, what would be the point to forcing any to come to Him and stay with Him and do His Will, not their own .. I believe and I love and I obey and I repent when I fail to obey .. I accept the free gift of salvation and I plan to keep it and I try to treat it properly but I do not always treat it properly in that I sometimes wander off on my own sinful way but by repenting I get back on track in my relationship with God my Father and He rejoices in my return and He loved me all along .. and instead of implying that George should maybe get rid of such of me, I say, maybe, he should get rid of you .. you are no  better than I am and you are not above turning to sin any more than I am .. 

I can't remember ever saying such a thing. I believe hell is what happens to us when we sin. I believe heaven is what happens to us when we repent (Matt 4:17).

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/26/2019 at 6:29 PM, Margo1945 said:

okay, I can't resist responding to this false accusation .. I have never said and never will say that God will kill us .. we kill ourselves by leaving Him and turning to unrepentant sinfulness .. all in the lake of fire are there because of their own doing, not God's .. God saved us but some of us throw away His gift of life and turn to unrepented sinfulness which can only lead to death .. God does not kill us, we kill ourselves .. now, don't ever insult me again, with such a lie as you have told here .. I never ever said and never will say that God kills us .. we kill ourselves .. GET IT

There is an example of God killing sinful Christians in Acts chapter 5, Ananias and Sapphira,  and I don't believe they went to heaven.  

Being born again is spiritual and not logical.  As such, there is no reason you can't be unborn.  Logical doesn't apply to any of this.

I know you feel like it is you against the world, but that is not true.  You may be out numbered here, but the church at large is divided over OSAS, and most of the Protestant denominations disagree with it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

It has never occurred to me for ONE SECOND to try to suggest that George run you out of here ! You are too valuable in your role as a “ Springboard”to get the True Gospel Of Grace out there for those Lurkers and Newbies that have yet to be ruined by the False Gospel Of Legalism and “ Lucky” Repentance. I honestly try not to attack YOU and your erroneous friends. As long as I draw breath, I will NEVER stop attacking the Doctrine you promote that I think is UnBiblical. I expect YOU to do the same, And you do.I think it’s what people refer to as having a debate.Try to defend your beliefs and I will try to defend mine—- both using Scripture as we best understand it. Each of us think we are right, so let the viewer see both sides of the debates so they can make their own decisions.I believe that is George’s main reason for establishing this great site. That we arrive at the Truth of God’s Word is all that really matters. You pray for me and my side and I will do the same for you. May God Bless all of us in the understanding of our differences....

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,333
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Behold said:

If repenting keeps you out of hell, then Jesus didn't need to die.

If repenting keeps you out of hell, then, the blood atonement, is not necessary.

If repenting keeps you out of Hell, then being born again, isn't necessary.

Get this in your head.... The reason that people go to hell, is not because they don't repent enough... the reason is because their SIN has not been resolved and forgiven by the Blood of Christ.

Amen, wonderfully stated!   Christ is all sufficient for our atonement!

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

It has never occurred to me for ONE SECOND to try to suggest that George run you out of here ! You are too valuable in your role as a “ Springboard”to get the True Gospel Of Grace out there for those Lurkers and Newbies that have yet to be ruined by the False Gospel Of Legalism and “ Lucky” Repentance. I honestly try not to attack YOU and your erroneous friends. As long as I draw breath, I will NEVER stop attacking the Doctrine you promote that I think is UnBiblical. I expect YOU to do the same, And you do.I think it’s what people refer to as having a debate.Try to defend your beliefs and I will try to defend mine—- both using Scripture as we best understand it. Each of us think we are right, so let the viewer see both sides of the debates so they can make their own decisions.I believe that is George’s main reason for establishing this great site. That we arrive at the Truth of God’s Word is all that really matters. You pray for me and my side and I will do the same for you. May God Bless all of us in the understanding of our differences....

I never accused you of that.  I just want those who reject OSAS to know that outside of places like here, in the church at large, more than half reject it.  Methodists, Wesleyans, Assemblies of God, Church of God, Church of Christ, Lutherans, Apostolics, Church of Christ, Pentecostal Holiness, and even some Baptists like Freewill Baptist reject OSAS.  

I believe in conditional security.  If we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour and continue serving him, we are kept, but if we go back into sin, we will lose our salvation.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

On 12/26/2019 at 9:33 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Dear sister, from down under like me, the answer to how we died with Jesus is answered for us in Hebrews: 

And if I may say so, Levi, also, who receives tithes, paid tithes in Abraham.  for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.  Heb 7:9-10

and...

For both He who sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brothers, saying, "I will declare Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You." And again, "I will put My trust in Him." And again, "Behold Me and the children whom God has given Me."  Heb 2:11-13

Since the Word tells us we are called the "children" of Jesus, and then the Holy Spirit writing through Peter tells us how we were conceived:

...having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living Word of God, and abiding forever. 1 Pet 1:23

The incorruptible "seed" being the Holy Spirit, ...and the Word of God being the "ovum," so to speak, just like Levi being in the "loins" of his grandfather Abraham, many years before he was born, so were we in the "loins" of Jesus when he died on the Cross of Calvary, ...roughly 2,000 years before we were born...

Lord bless

Thank you very much  my brother , some Good points and verses you bring up. I understand that we were in Adam and in Adam we died but in Christ Jesus the perfect man we are made alive.we're apart of the promised seed that would overcome the devil( as God our Father said to Adam and eve in Genesis).when we come to faith in Jesus.Thank you for the verses and messages I appreciate them.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2