Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

A bible believing and Christ following church. Many denominations are falling away into doctrinal areas. For instance, you mentioned the methodist church. Recently they voted to have a non traditional branch that accepts gay marriage and gay pastors. In my view that disqualifies the methodist church from being a sound good church. 

If you are curious, I go to a Messianic congregation.

• Praise God! 1

26 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

A bible believing and Christ following church. Many denominations are falling away into doctrinal areas. For instance, you mentioned the methodist church. Recently they voted to have a non traditional branch that accepts gay marriage and gay pastors. In my view that disqualifies the methodist church from being a sound good church. 

Thank you.  I'll have to take a look at them.  :)

28 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Brother I don't believe any denomination has a lock on the whole truth.  I've gotten to a place where I despise all the labels.  I prefer to be known as a follower of Jesus Christ, His disciple.  My guide is Scripture and I look to the Holy Spirit as my Teacher.

That does not mean I refuse to listen to anyone else....He gave "gifts unto men" and some of those are teachers.   But the Word judges what human teachers share...if there's a conflict between what a man teaches and what the Word teaches, i acknowledge the authority of the Word.

I'm where you are my brother!  

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

the thing is...all the denominations are run by humans....which are all flawed. thats right, all denominations are flawed, NONE are perfect. but most have some things right to. Find a church that has the core stuff down, and one where the peoples actions show their faith. If its not a salvational issue...but they got everything else right and are showing Christs love-then forget the sign on the door, thats a church worth going to. Don't split hairs over small stuff, like whether they use instruments or not.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, K9Buck said:

The Baptists?  Lutherans?  Methodists?  Who please?  Thanks.  

I have been to all of those and found that each of them have what I would believe is the core truth.   Not saying that all denominations are in that position but most of the main line's do..   and I agree with Patriot that we shouldn't fuss over the split hairs between them.

I personally attend a Nazarene Church because out of all of those we have attended I found more love of each other there.   But it isn't OK to judge the whole church world over the ten to fifteen that I have attended.

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Thank you.  I'll have to take a look at them.  :

I was motivated to ask which is the correct denomination because I see a lot of theologians in this community that disagree with Catholicism.  Since they apparently have it all figured out, I just assumed that they could point us to the one true system.

But I'm with the rest of you who say it's the core beliefs that matter the most and who aren't hung up on some of the other stuff.  

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I do disagree with core Catholic doctrine-i feel as a whole Catholicism misses the point, however, I have met many, many Catholics whom I believe do know the love of Christ and are Christian's, so again it's best never to judge a book by its cover. While I would never attend a Catholic church nor will I agree with much of their ideology, being Catholic doesn't disqualify someone from being a Christian-nor does it mean the local Catholic church is inheriently evil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1