• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,135
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, Jostler said:

New update... looks like we probably did double the numbers in the anticipated 36hr time frame. 

I keep seeing the number of confirmed cases but no one seems to tell us how many people have recovered and considered cured....    last figures from the Wuhan city itself was 82 dead and 59 had been cured...   I'm assuming that either no one is tracking that now or the death rate is above 50%   Two doctors there have said that the medical staff had caught it through their eyes so masks by itself will not necessarily stop the transfer....     they are in much closer contact that most of us would be just out in the public, but on a plane, bus or cab....   who knows.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

2 minutes ago, other one said:

I keep seeing the number of confirmed cases but no one seems to tell us how many people have recovered and considered cured....    last figures from the Wuhan city itself was 82 dead and 59 had been cured...   I'm assuming that either no one is tracking that now or the death rate is above 50%   Two doctors there have said that the medical staff had caught it through their eyes so masks by itself will not necessarily stop the transfer....     they are in much closer contact that most of us would be just out in the public, but on a plane, bus or cab....   who knows.

The Johns Hopkins/CSSE site is the only one that has been reporting official recovery numbers.  They tend to update less frequently, but tend to catch up at least once every 24hrs and often twice a day.

They're showing 132 total deaths and 110 recoveries.

Here's the link.... right now their numbers are pretty close to the other two for total infected and total number of deaths

John Hopkins/CSSE link   (death/recovery data upper right corner)

• Thanks 1

thanks for the url.    I had not paid attention to where it was when I saw it the first time....    one of the curses of twitter...    too much in one place

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Everything is drastically changing. I'm looking up for our Lord's soon return myself. 

Sorry to have to say this, but it is going to get a whole lot worse and comm links will be down so no one will know what is happening anywhere...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

Sorry to have to say this, but it is going to get a whole lot worse and comm links will be down so no one will know what is happening anywhere...

I fear you are correct....

People get the flu every year...   so can a person who is "cured" this year pass it on next year after our immune systems respond less to it....    or just flare back up when it's worked to get the upper hand.....     viruses are hideous things.

When I was in the sixth grade I got a weird form of meningitis.  Doctor told me to always watch for if my immune system got very compromised that it could flare up again...   That my system had managed to overpower it but there was no way to completely kill it out.....     he also forbade be for ever donating blood or organs because of that.   And he told me that, right after I heard him tell my mom that I had about a 50/50 chance of living....     Kind of makes things stick in the head of a sixth grader. 

well, there's a lot more going on nobody is talking about much yet :) 

Massive locust infestation crawling across the Horn of Africa at about 150km a day.....another locust plague in northern India.  The UN says the one in Africa has the potential to multiply 500 fold by March.  In Africa it's already the worst locust plague in 25 years, worst in 70 years for Kenya.  If the UN proves right in their projections...real famine on a mass scale in Africa will be a reality. 

While the world is watching the coronavirus, Syria has been taking a lot of ground back, with massive Russian air support, Turkey is moving armored divisions south....potential for direct confrontation between Syrian and Turkish forces is rising.

US patrols have confronted/blocked Russian patrols 4 times in the past week.....VERY tense situations

5 katyusha rockets fired on the Baghdad Embassy compound, three of which hit the Embassy itself, one of the three hit a dining room....injuries sustained....no deaths reported ...yet.  And not a word from the Whitehouse about it that I've seen.

Iran announced it has "no operational restrictions" on uranium enrichment

The fragility of the global financial system is reeling under the pressure of reduced economic activity due to the virus....we've been in an "everything bubble" for some time...just looking for a pin to pop it

India's Modi keeps up the incendiary rhetoric against rival Pakistan, lately saying India's military could make Pakistan "bite the dust" in ten days :) 

And we got the "deal of the century" out in the open

US spy plane went down in Taliban country near Kabul....CIA's top guy in all of Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq went down with it...interestingly enough the guy was arguably Soleimani's "opposite"

Quite a lot going on :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I wonder what Egypt is up to these days. They seem to be sleeping down there.

4 minutes ago, Alive said:

I wonder what Egypt is up to these days. They seem to be sleeping down there.

actually they're pretty involved in the Libya mess...behind the scenes for now......but that's another real hotspot/proxy war mess that's only getting hotter.  The LNA has cut off all oil exports....putting lots of pressure on the GNA (combat pressure) in Tripoli, Russians and CIA support LNA along with Egypt, Turkey is sending Syrian opposition troops to Tripoli to support GNA (Which the UN recognizes as Libya's legitimate government)....i just didn't get around to mentioning that one...

Edited by Jostler

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I just downloaded the Peace Plan as a PDF to make it easier to view and although the Appendix 1 is supposed to contain conceptual maps, I can't find them.

I found them!

Edited by Alive

24 minutes ago, Alive said:

I just downloaded the Peace Plan as a PDF to make it easier to view and although the Appendix 1 is supposed to contain conceptual maps, I can't find them.

I found them!

Don't know what that has to do with this thread, but it is something interesting.  And my ADD just kicked into high gear and the thought of it's the President's son who is really doing the treaty, so if he gets it signed will that make him the Antichrist?