IGNORED

To Those Who Blasphemed Against the HS..

ItsJustDeep

Have You Ever Blasphemed Against The Holy Spirit?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest.

• Once Upon A Time
    • Never.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

but I don't think I am among those God elected

I do not support your theology. The Hebrews letter was particularly aimed at those that were likely to revert back to the Judaic sacrificial system due to persecution and societal pressure from Judaizers. 

Secondly, you are not bigger than God's forgiveness and the 'election' you cite has nothing, zero, zilch to do with it at all.

If your badness is bigger than God's ability to forgive, then you are bigger than God. An impossibility!!

I suggest you rethink this all through brother.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/2/2020 at 9:07 PM, angels4u said:

Question: "Is the Holy Spirit a person?"

Answer: Many people find the doctrine of the Holy Spirit confusing. Is the Holy Spirit a force, a person, or something else? What does the Bible teach?

The Bible provides many ways to help us understand that the Holy Spirit is truly a person—that is, He is a personal being, rather than an impersonal thing. First, every pronoun used in reference to the Spirit is “he” not “it.” The original Greek language of the New Testament is explicit in confirming the person of the Holy Spirit. The word for “Spirit” (pneuma) is neuter and would naturally take neuter pronouns to have grammatical agreement. Yet, in many cases, masculine pronouns are found (e.g., John 15:26; 16:13-14). Grammatically, there is no other way to understand the pronouns of the New Testament related to the Holy Spirit—He is referred to as a “He,” as a person.

Matthew 28:19 teaches us to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This is a collective reference to one Triune God. Also, we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit can be sinned against (Isaiah 63:10) and lied to (Acts 5:3). We are to obey Him (Acts 10:19–21) and honor Him (Psalm 51:11).

The personhood of the Holy Spirit is also affirmed by His many works. He was personally involved in creation (Genesis 1:2), empowers God’s people (Zechariah 4:6), guides (Romans 8:14), comforts (John 14:26), convicts (John 16:8), teaches (John 16:13), restrains sin (Isaiah 59:19), and gives commands (Acts 8:29). Each of these works requires the involvement of a person rather than a mere force, thing, or idea.

The Holy Spirit’s attributes also point to His personality. The Holy Spirit has life (Romans 8:2), has a will (1 Corinthians 12:11), is omniscient (1 Corinthians 2:10–11), is eternal (Hebrews 9:14), and is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7). A mere force could not possess all of these attributes, but the Holy Spirit does.

And the personhood of the Holy Spirit is affirmed by His role as the third Person of the Godhead. Only a being who is equal to God (Matthew 28:19) and possesses the attributes of omniscience, omnipresence, and eternality could be defined as God.

In Acts 5:3–4, Peter referred to the Holy Spirit as God, stating, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.” Paul likewise referred to the Holy Spirit as God in 2 Corinthians 3:17–18, stating, “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”

The Holy Spirit is a person, as Scripture makes clear. As such, He is to be revered as God and serves in perfect unity with Father and Son to lead us in our spiritual lives.

God is a person. Any reference to any part of him is referring to Him

We are son (and daughters) of God

The Father communicates to the Son through the Holy Spirit (1Cor2-10....)

When the Holy Spirit is at work we are seeing God at work and if we know its the Holy Spirit and deny it that is blasphemy.

Is it really at all possible to truly know that it is the Holy Spirit at work, I mean undeniably in our own spirit, and still say it is the devil?

Why would you want to do that?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

And this is what I believe I have done and that it is impossible to repent.

You are not a group of  unsaved Hebrews who are rejecting the preaching of Paul and re-crucifying Christ by their Christ rejection, same as the other Jews did who shouted "crucify him".

Get out of this book, Chriso6999.      The Devil uses this book,.... HEBREWS.... more then any other,  to confuse, to mislead, and to  beat and torment unskilled Christians and non-believers into a terrible mind set.

You don't understand what you are doing, and you don't understand what not to do.  But I DO.

Get out of that Book !!

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Salvation67 said:

@BeauJanglesAwesome how you break it down for us brother! Amen:read:

Aww. Thanks, bro! I really appreciate the encouragement. God bless you!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

4 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

And this is what I believe I have done and that it is impossible to repent. Why? Because I fell away and put Him to open shame. The desire is gone. All of it. Which is why I have been posting about my wife and kids. There is hopefully a chance for them, but I don't think I am among those God elected.

Perhaps you need to understand how Satan "the accuser" speaks to our minds, telling us that we are failures who will never be saved.  Don't listen to him!  He is a liar!

Neil T. Anderson has a lot about this on YouTube.  Go through his 7 Steps to Freedom.  See what difference it makes!

Edited by Resurrection Priest

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

The sin against the Holy Spirit is to resist the Spirit.  The rulers in Israel even said that Christ did miracles through the power of Beelzebub (the ruler of demons).  Now THAT was "blasphemy" - to call Jesus' work, the work of demons. 

Just before they stoned him to death, Stephen said, "You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. (Act 7:51 NKJ)

THAT is the "unpardonable sin".  Why?  Because once your heart is "hardened", it is impenetrable - unreachable. 

It's not about just using bad swear words.  It's reaching the point where the Spirit of the LORD cannot get through to you. 

Anyone who is still asking for prayers, IS STILL REACHABLE. 

Edited by Resurrection Priest

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

I have always seen blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as denying the Messiah, the one the Holy Spirit testifies of.   So it does still exist today as a sin.   Denying the Messiah and not placing one's trust in Him is the only sin that cannot be forgiven.    And the Holy Spirit's main function is to testify and reveal who the Messiah is.  If one rejects the Messiah they are rejecting the testimony of the Holy Spirit and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

When Yeshua said that comment, the Pharisees were accusing Yeshua being of Beelzebub and the demons.  Totally against what the Holy Spirit testifies of who Messiah is.  Hence His reply that they can say anything they want against Him, but essentially equating the Holy Spirit with being a liar, that was unforgivable.   And as long as one holds that position and does so until one dies, it cannot be forgiven.  

If one has believed and placed their trust in Messiah, there is no way they could commit that sin.  Some folks worry about things that they really shouldn't.  We can grieve the Holy Spirit by our actions and such sometimes, but that is not blasphemy of the HS. 

Edited by OldCoot
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Just now, OldCoot said:

I have always seen blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as denying the Messiah, the one the Holy Spirit testifies of.   So it does still exist today as a sin.

Amen. When it comes down to blasphemy of the Holy Ghost, that would sum it up completely. Well said!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Blasphemy against the holy spirit is also known as the unforgivable sin (Mt 12:31; Mr 3:28, 29; Lu 12:10).  This type of blasphemy is more related to one's heart condition (Mt 15:19; Mr 7:21, 22) ; hence, the heart condition, manifest in the willfulness involved, must relate to such blasphemy against the holy spirit. The incident that led to Jesus’ statement concerning the unpardonableness of such sin demonstrates that it refers to actively opposing the operation of God’s spirit. This would not be because of human weakness (some physical/mental illnesses cause people to speak in illogical or rash ways and should not be viewed as reflective on grieving the holy spirit) or imperfection; thus, the opposition would need to be willful and deliberate. The Pharisees clearly saw God’s spirit at work in Jesus to accomplish good, yet for selfish and egocentric reasons they attributed this power to Beelzebub, Satan the Devil, thereby blaspheming God’s holy spirit.—Mt 12:22-32; compare Heb 6:4-6; 10:26, 27.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I haven't read the replies. Personally i think the scripture says what it means. If you insult the holy spirit then your damned. However, if you were an unbeliever and said this and didn't know that it was such a bad sin then it won't be held against you. If you knew it was an 'unforgivable sin' and still did it, despite not being a christian, then your in trouble. 

If that is the case then you should still live the best christian life you can. You shouldn't just give up and live in sin. On judgement day everything will be taken into account, everything will be fair. If you live a good christian and sinless life, despite the holy spirit insult, then it will go far better for you on judgement day. You will be in much less torment than other sinners basically. Also, I wouldn't give up on heaven yet, all things are possible with god. If you live a good christian life for decades then maybe he will forgive you? I don't know but never give up. All things are possible with god.

The lesson is this though: If the bible says insulting the holy spirit will dam you, then make darn sure you never do it!!!

But don't give up on god buddy. Ask for forgiveness every day. God bless.