• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

You wrote, once again a long dissertation. Which is a problem because I usually respond in a briefer manner, but this time, here comes my dissertation. You indicate at the previous post that you are referring to that I ignored

"Brother, I don't know how to make it any more clear, ...did you even read what I said?

In the very first sentence I agreed with you in saying, "the Lord made the Sabbath Holy!!!"

So, short, sweet, concise and to the point!"

Sounds good, however, you also stated in the previous post that "the only "unfortunate" part is people fail to receive that the "Holy Sabbath" is not a day,"  Those were your words.... I responded to those by stating that the Sabbath was indeed a day and a day made holy. So now I have your new response. Now to more questions....Yes, Moses did relay the words given unto him by the Lord teaching them of the Sabbath, but he taught them not the "Jewish" Sabbath but God's Holy Sabbath. Israel was a chosen nation, a nation that was to be an example for the other nations to follow. Unfortunately, Israel failed and followed the traditions and gods around them.

Whether I am a Jew or not doesn't matter since the Sabbath is to be observed by all of mankind. But since you seem to be interested then I will share with you that I am descended from the tribe of Judah. But whether I was or not, doesn't matter in regards to keeping the Sabbath.

No I don't meet in a synagogue, we have churches that keep the Sabbath as well. I meet with a wonderful, loving group of people who all observe the Sabbath.  You now want to know if I am circumcised? Getting to the private parts, but yes, I have been circumcised. And yes, physically and spiritually. But once again.... Israel didn't exist when God created Adam and Eve, yet he established the Sabbath for them to follow. 

Next question... Do I turn on my light, cook food, etc.... now you are looking to the burdens the Lord spoke of. You must understand in Ex. 35:3, that at the time Israel was eating manna, they were told not to gather wood or manna, and cook on the Sabbath. This past Sabbath, I did eat, but no wood gathered. I did do the work of turning on a light switch (I rested afterward since it was so manually exhausting! Humor intended.  But I don't cook large meals, I do not work. It is a day of great rejoicing, worship and of rest. From sundown Friday to sundown Sabbath, I keep the Sabbath holy. Not by the traditions and burdens of the Pharasees, but by honoring my God. I go to services, I spend time in prayer. I worship my Lord. I keep His day holy as commanded. 

You seem to be trying to come up with the excuse that if you can't keep anything perfectly that you should just ignore it. The Lord honors the heart and the effort. I truly do keep his day holy as commanded. If I fail, then I know I have my Lord Jesus that forgives and sees my heart and my effort. Over the years, I have known what it is like to walk a different path than most mainstream Christians. As a child I was taught the Sabbath. It prevented me from taking part in school sports and many other activities, but I desired to obey my parents and my God. For a time, I left it when I went into the military as it was a difficult thing to do as they do own you as it were for the time you serve. But eventually, my parent's God became truly my God and I chose to obey and follow. The Air Force officers I served under all honored my desire and I was able to observe God's holy Sabbath from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday until my time was served.

Stoning..... ah, aren't you glad that isn't allowed in our nation. Stoning was the law established for the nation of Israel as other laws were. The stoning was for direct disobedience of the law given. If stoning was the punishment enacted by our government, then I expect a lot of people would be keeping the Sabbath! But that was a national law but did denote the severity of disobedience and rebellion.  You appear to be looking for justification.... so what ever helps you sleep at night is fine with me. We do all work out our own salvation, but it does say with fear and trembling. Not sure if many people get that part.

I don't chose to "ignore" any of the fact that the Sabbath day is holy. I don't pursue my own interests, I don't work and I do honor and worship my Lord and serve him on that day and serve his people.  Tell me, what effort are you making to keep the Sabbath holy as commanded?  You seem to be saying, "Oh Lord, I can't keep it perfectly.... so I will do one better... I won't keep it at all!"

Sound drastic that you want me to be placed in a box of manure, after being stoned and then planted with a tree. If that were to happen to someone that attempts to obey the Lord, what happens to the ones that ignore it completely?  Your analogy, not mine.

I have attempted to answer all of your questions openly and fairly. Now back to a question to you. You seem to justify not keeping the Sabbath as you do not believe you can keep it holy. What about the other laws and commandments of God? Do you feel that if we fail in any of them that we should then ignore them? I ask this for the impression I get from your question is that is your reasoning about the Sabbath Day. If that then is a reason not to keep the Sabbath, then why did the Apostles keep this day? Paul keep God's law even when under "house arrest". During that time it is doubtful that he could go to a synagogue but yet continued to keep the Sabbath. The Apostles are shown to have kept the Sabbath and the Holy Days, at no point do I see any of them saying, I can't keep it perfectly, stone me, bury me in manure and the rest of you quit trying.

“Those that desire to be under the Law will be under the Curse of the Law” 

“If you break one Commandment, you have broken them all”

“By The Works Of The Law, No flesh shall be justified “

When it comes to the Law, one does not get to pick and choose....it’s all or nothing ....24/7.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Wow!

Thanks for "taking" the time to respond!

I really "will" keep it short, this time. LOL

What you have just said isn't any different from what you have said in the many posts I have read from you on many other threads, ...so no "new" info...

The "difference" from what you call my "long " dissertations and you short answers and this "long" dissertation is simply this, 

I use Scripture to prove my point and to this day you haven't used one single Scripture, just vague references with your opinions.

Brother, I'm not attacking you, ...it's just when we discuss the "principles" of the Word we should use Scripture in the context the Holy Spirit intended them to be understood to authenticate our views.

I'm finished here, ...see you soon...

Lord bless 

Not sure if you are reading the posts. But what scriptures do you want?  There are hundreds that mention the Sabbath, do want to begin with those?

I noticed you never attempted to answer my questions. 

On 2/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

It is also interesting that you mentioned the judgment seat. If all law is gone, if we can do as we want, nothing required.... then what are we being judged for?

This side of the Cross, in this Age Of Grace, Two things are required- Believe and Love. Do those two things and everything else will take care of itself.I always do what I want because now that I have been given a New Heart my “wants” have lined up with God’s “wants”. The only people that will be judged are those that desire to be judged— those that never turned to God with Faith in Jesus to Save them. They are the Unbelievers of all ages. They never saw their need for a Savior and never worried about it. They Desire to be judged because they think they are “ good enough”—— not perfect necessarily , but good enough to make the Grade. They will be saying, “ Give me what I deserve ,God ! That is exactly what God will do.One does  not “ deserve” to go to Heaven” unless they are as  Perfect as Jesus Himself.I am Nothing But a wretched Man who belongs in the deepest pit of Hell. Yet, because our God is a God of Love and Mercy, He took my Faith in the Gospel Of Jesus ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) and “ counted it as Righteousness”.Christ took “ my” Judgement at the Cross and in turn I got “His” Righteousness..... I am  not Righteous on my own , but I am “ MADE Righteous” because  I Trust the Blood Of Jesus Plus NOTHING to save me.Yes, all those that want to be judged for  their “ good lives”, obedience to the Law, church attendance , Sabbath Keeping or think they are  Justified  because they were gifted with The super long memories and the good fortune to Repent Of all their sins before they died , WILL get what they deserve. Hell.  They will be hearing the following Words— “Depart from me, I NEVER knew you.” REST in the Gospel all you who think its a small thing to add to it with Good Living or Repenting from sins.If you ain’t “ Resting” you are “Working”.God will not save those “ working” for their Salvation.He saves those that are “ Trusting” for their Salvation.God Bless......

Bloodbought, you have never answered my previous questions to this post so here are a few... You state that your wants now line up with God's wants.  What are his wants? What do you do to show believe and love to God? You seem to put trying to live "good lives" as something horrible, do you not try to live a good life?  If so, how? You preach, rant, etc... but still don't give particulars.  I doubt I will get a straight answer from you but most that have posted on this subject still won't answer basic questions as well. These being....  Which commandments are evil? Which commandments do you not keep? If only truth would be told for it would all come down to one that you have a problem with and that is the 4th one.  When God made the seventh day holy, by what authority does man make it unholy? Where does it state in scripture that the Sabbath was no longer holy? You can debate law and grace all you want it still comes down to the one commandment that all seem to have a problem with! You seem to follow a "pick and choose religion".

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

Not sure if you are reading the posts. But what scriptures do you want?  There are hundreds that mention the Sabbath, do want to begin with those?

Dear brother, what I have asked you for many times, in many threads over many months, are verses in the New Testament from books written specifically to the Church, ...that is, Romans to Revelation 3, that say specifically the Church is to "keep" the Sabbath.

Lord bless

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 2/18/2020 at 7:49 AM, JustPassingThru said:

Dear brother, what I have asked you for many times, in many threads over many months, are verses in the New Testament from books written specifically to the Church, ...that is, Romans to Revelation 3, that say specifically the Church is to "keep" the Sabbath.

Lord bless

What New Testament verses existed in apostolic days? When Paul wrote "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, hat the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." in 2 Tim 3:16-17.  The only scripture that existed was the Old Testament.  Furthermore, Jesus and the apostles all kept the Sabbath.  If Jesus is out example and he kept the Sabbath, should we not do likewise?  If you say non-Jews are exempt from observing the 4th Commandment, which other commandments are we exempt from?  One day, a Jew will rule the world forever and ever.  What day will we worship on then?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/18/2020 at 6:47 AM, Tigger56 said:

Bloodbought, you have never answered my previous questions to this post so here are a few... You state that your wants now line up with God's wants.  What are his wants? What do you do to show believe and love to God? You seem to put trying to live "good lives" as something horrible, do you not try to live a good life?  If so, how? You preach, rant, etc... but still don't give particulars.  I doubt I will get a straight answer from you but most that have posted on this subject still won't answer basic questions as well. These being....  Which commandments are evil? Which commandments do you not keep? If only truth would be told for it would all come down to one that you have a problem with and that is the 4th one.  When God made the seventh day holy, by what authority does man make it unholy? Where does it state in scripture that the Sabbath was no longer holy? You can debate law and grace all you want it still comes down to the one commandment that all seem to have a problem with! You seem to follow a "pick and choose religion".

The only “ sabbathing” That God cares about in this present Age of Grace is to  “ rest in the Gospel Of Grace.” You Sabbath one day a week.... I Sabbath every day. Which do you think God prefers?

If I were to make the mistake that you make, Trying  to justify myself by Law-Keeping— “ANY” Law-Keeping— James declared that if I go down “ that” road , I will be held accountable to keep ALL the Law and if break just “ One” Law, I have broken them all. Paul declares that adding ANY law to the Gospel Of Grace cancels that Grace.The very Thing That Saves us-Grace.If you want to be one of those who “ fall from Grace” and find themselves “ severed from the Cross Of Christ”...... that is YOUR business. You can tend to your Performance-Based Salvation and in the meantime I will continue to worship and put my FAITH in the Performance Of my Savior whose “ performance” at the Cross was so pleasing to the Father, That He thought it Worthy enough to pay the price for every sin that was ever committed or ever will “ be” committed.

I have made it clear in multiple posts here that obeying the Commands Of God is a great thing and I try to do it. I want to have my life blessed and I want to live a life that is pleasing to God.Yes, obedience is a great thing— it just won’t save you.I have learned the Secret to Living an Obedient life.Quit worrying about it. Quit “ TRYING” to be obedient —— God doesn’t save those “trying” to be Saved .He WILL save all of those TRUSTING to be saved. If you TRUST in the Gospel that saves ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) you will REST or SABBATH in it.That is the only Sabbath that matters now.Resting in the Grace Of God brings a peace and a gratitude and a love for God that is at the root of anything that counts with God.Love is the Engine that drives Obedience.Everything you are doing to gain the approval of your Father — and especially Sabbath Day Keeping— is a Dead Work If Love is not driving it.

Keeping the Laws Of  Moses means nothing to me as far as my Salvation is concerned .....Paul said the Law was “ weak and useless” in that regard.Why turn to and try to rely on something that is a waste of time?There is no POWER in the Law Of Moses? There “IS” SAVING POWER when one Rests in the Gospel.Trust in the Gospel Of Grace and let the Holy Spirit work in and through you and you will “Find” yourself being much more obedient to the Law than you “ ever” we’re, trying to keep it because you though you were obligated to do it.Remember—- Trusting , not trying is what saves a person. “ The one who finds LIFE will find it by Trusting God.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Furthermore, Jesus and the apostles all kept the Sabbath. 

That is the whole point of my question, ...people just say whatever they want without any Scriptural proof!

My Bible says they didn't, ...so if you are convinced, show me some "Scriptural" proof from the "books" written to the Church, ...Romans to Revelation 3.

14 hours ago, JoeMo said:

If Jesus is out example and he kept the Sabbath, should we not do likewise?

Did Jesus "keep" the Sabbath after He started His ministry?

Seems to me I read in the Gospels the "reason" the  Pharisees decided to "kill" Jesus is because He "broke" the Sabbath, ...because "then" just like "today," ...the "Sabbath" keepers still believe the Sabbath is a "day," when in Reality the TRUE "Sabbath" is the God-Man, ...Jesus Christ!   

And therefore the Jews persecuted Jesus and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the sabbath day.  John 5:16

Then, because of this, the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken the sabbath, but also said that God was His father, making Himself equal with God.  John 5:18

So to answer your question, ...if our example is Jesus should we be doing as He is doing, ...you will find your answer in the question, ...is Jesus "keeping" the Sabbath today?

15 hours ago, JoeMo said:

What day will we worship on then?

Just like we are doing today, ...everyday!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

My heart rejoices and is rejoicing to see the Gospel taught just now.

Praise the Lord for the faithful witness!

• Praise God! 1