nobleseed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I feel that it is beneficial to repost a previous reply on this topic from another thread of the same.  The scriptures being referenced are from revelation chapter 12 and Isaiah 53.

His mission was to die on the cross, NOT raise a family as we humans do.  Dan Browns novel needs to go in the waste bin asap.  Revelation 12 is speaking of Jesus.  The children in Isaiah is in reference to people who believe and have faith in God.  Those who believe, become children of God in the spiritual sense.

The passage in Isaiah is NOT speaking of individual human fertility period !! Isaiah, in the Old Testament is using a “figure of speech” in speaking of a future event when Jesus would come enabling the gentile nations to also come to God through faith in Jesus' birth, life, death and resurrection. A marriage ceremony is a “covenant” between a man and a woman. The bible often uses this as an allegory to teach how our relationship with God is like a marriage. God is speaking in terms that we can understand and comprehend. In the Isaiah passage the allegory is of the gentile nations, who at the time of the Babylonian exile were “barren” when it came to the things of God. And of Israel who at the time is referenced as the woman who has a husband through the covenant marriage made to God so to speak at mt Sinai.

The imagery used in the Isaiah passage is pointing to the fact that there would be more gentile believers than Jewish believers in the end. In revelation, John saw God's promise come true in regards to the gentiles of whom were redeemed through faith in Jesus Christ. John saw in his vision a vast multitude of people that couldn't be numbered. That vast multitude of people are people from every tribe, nation, language.

In summary, the barren woman is used figuratively of the unbelieving gentile nations as a whole; who were previously estranged from God, but through hearing and believing the gospel, became the spiritual children of God. And the woman who has a husband is used figuratively as Israel, but initially rejected the gospel when they heard it. It is telling us to rejoice, because salvation is available to all. What a wonderful, awesome and merciful God we have!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/6/2020 at 1:45 AM, nobleseed said:

why do people think that Jesus having a son is impossible, when revelation talks about the birth of a child that is not the same as the gospels

I don't think it is impossible. If he wanted, if it was part of the plan, he would have had children.

It appears from some of the posts here that you are revisiting this question.

Logically though, can I suggest that you approach this question in a different way.....

"What would be the ramifications if Jesus had a child?' 

I think if you ask that question you will understand why he did not. (keep in mind what his purpose was)

Edited by Mike 2

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341

6 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

I don't think it is impossible. If he wanted, if it was part of the plan, he would have had children.

It appears from some of the posts here that you are revisiting this question.

Logically though, can I suggest that you approach this question in a different way.....

"What would be the ramifications if Jesus had a child?' 

I think if you ask that question you will understand why he did not. (keep in mind what his purpose was)

i like the way u put that, but what i say is not that he had children but that in the future according to revelation that he will have a son.  he who conquers the one to reap and conquer the beast and the false prophet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

19 hours ago, Jostler said:

Jesus is not an adulterer or fornicator.  Simple as that.

Amen !

... We believe that God is three persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit ...

• This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499

On 2/7/2020 at 8:07 PM, nobleseed said:

i like the way u put that, but what i say is not that he had children but that in the future according to revelation that he will have a son.  he who conquers the one to reap and conquer the beast and the false prophet.

Can you give me  a reference to that so I can read it as well

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 2/7/2020 at 9:07 PM, nobleseed said:

So Jesus will have a son in the future?

You are misunderstanding the Bible,which verse are you referring to in Revelation?

Nothing May Be Added
17The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let the one who hears say, “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come, and the one who desires the water of life drink freely. 18I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.…Rev.22:18

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/5/2020 at 10:45 PM, nobleseed said:

why do people think that Jesus having a son is impossible, when revelation talks about the birth of a child that is not the same as the gospels

On 2/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, nobleseed said:

On 2/10/2020 at 8:53 AM, angels4u said:

So Jesus will have a son in the future?

You are misunderstanding the Bible,which verse are you referring to in Revelation?

Nothing May Be Added
17The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let the one who hears say, “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come, and the one who desires the water of life drink freely. 18I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.…Rev.22:18

On 2/10/2020 at 10:56 AM, Sonshine said:

Scripture please, nobleseed. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, Mike 2 said:

Can you give me  a reference to that so I can read it as well

Its an old topic that been revisited multiple times in the past. Which is why I responded as I did previously in this thread. The answers he has been given on this have not changed no matter who has replied. For those needing scripture on where he has gotten the idea from. The following are from previous discussions with him on this at length. I remember this conversation with him over a year ago, because the concept is very awkward and out of place to say the least.

Isaiah 53 : 10   Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

Isaiah 54 : 1    "Sing, barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband," says the LORD.

Revelations 12: 5   She gave birth to a son, a male child, who "will rule all the nations with an iron scepter." And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

The following is addressed to the opster,

Both the Isaiah and the revelation passages are talking about God's promise of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. Isaiah was looking forward to the time when  Jesus would redeem the whole world through his death on the cross and resurrection.  Jesus is the promised son that was to come that Isaiah was talking about.   There are no scriptures that tell us that Jesus would have a son that would reign.  Scriptures say Jesus, Himself is the one who will reign forever and ever.

Revelation 5 : 9   They were singing] him a new song with these words: “You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it; for you were slain, and your blood has bought people from every nation as gifts for God.  And you have gathered them into a kingdom and made them priests of our God; they shall reign upon the earth.”

Revelation 5 : 12  The Lamb is worthy (loudly they sang it!), the Lamb who was slain. He is worthy to receive the power, and the riches, and the wisdom, and the strength, and the honor, and the glory, and the blessing.”

The following are scriptures which tell us that we are the children. It isn't that God can't, or that it isn't possible; but what God has already chosen to do and that is to make a way for us who are alive today to be with him for eternity. He has chosen for us to be his children and heirs through faith in his son Jesus. Your concept, if anyone were to believe you, would NOT be putting their faith and complete trust in Jesus to save them.  They would die in their sins because they failed to do what God has willed for us, and that is to put our faith and trust in Jesus, himself TODAY.   NOT wait for another. Because your concept is speaking of a different savior for them to put their trust in, than what the bible teaches. The bible says that anyone that preaches and teaches of a different savior or a different way to heaven, than the one the Apostles preached stands condemned, because that person does not believe in and trust the true Jesus, themselves. They prove that they don't really believe, by what they teach.

What you are purposing contradicts the following scriptures. If he were to have a son as you suggest, other scriptures would not be telling us today that we are children and heirs of God.  You've had a dozen people in the past tell you that what your saying isn't correct. No one has agreed with you.  And they have told you why.

John 1 : 12   Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

1 John 3 : 1, 2   See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.  Dear friends, now we are children of God

2 Corinthians 6:18   And, "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

Philippians 2 : 15   so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky

Romans 8 : 15 - 17   The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba,] Father.”  The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.  Now if we are children, then we are heirs ---- heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

'The only begotten Son' and the Scripture cannot be broken! When we start letting our minds wonder from the Scriptures we are in disobedience to God

2 Cor 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV
We are to deal with what are(s) in the Scripture … not what if(s)!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 2/6/2020 at 1:45 AM, nobleseed said:

Y'shua was all about living In The Spirit, Marriage and having kids is of the flesh, as He told the Sauducees, who challenged him on the resurrection.. And the flesh Fights the Spirit and The spirit fights the flesh. Paul spoke about how a person can achieve more for The Most High un married as well.