IGNORED

How can you have assurance of salvation ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

How can you have assurance of salvation ?

Member was active 2/6/2o - 2/24/2020, with one post to their account. Answers will be short and concise.  

On 2/6/2020 at 5:04 PM, Wnj086 said:

My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved.

The pastor was unwilling to explain in detail the assurance of salvation? Lack of shepherdship. 

I say that was saved at a church camp but I don’t exactly the date, I think I was around 14.

I was saved at age 12, 12/25/1967 and baptized at the conclusion of the service. An easy date to recall. 

But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed.

I've never heard this before. It's erroneous information and unfounded on any biblical principles. 

I hear a sermon you should know without a shadow of a doubt that you are saved and going to heaven, i just keep having a what if I didn’t do it right?

These sermons are going on inner feelings personal goodness and not of Christ's righteousness. 

This torments me. I want to be sure!!! 

This is condemnation and comes from the adversary. It creates fear and fear causes torment. 

1 John 4:18 KJV 18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

If we obey the two great commandments (Matt 22:34-40), that we love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves, why would the gate to heaven be closed to us?

Let me ask you a question......... Readers...

If a person loves god with all their heart, reads their bible, tries to follow the 10 commandments, and does not doubt that jesus rose from the dead, .. yet, this person is not born again.......what do you have then?

You have a hell bound sinner., and nothing more and nothing less.

Jesus said something very specific to YOU.  He said...."you must keep my commandments to be saved"...>NOPE........ He said, "present your bodies a living sacrifice to be saved"....NOPE....... "you must live holy as god is holy to be saved"....NOPE......

So, what did He say that relates to being SAVED ?....He said...............""""""" YOU MUST BE = BORN AGAIN""""""

AS THAT is how you know you are saved, and THAT is the only reason sinners become saints and godless become righteous.

So never confuse the Gospel of the Grace of God, with any type of self effort or self performance or commandment keeping or any other type of  Legalistic SELF SAVING.

God does not accept your commandment keeping or your law keeping or your good intentions or your struggle to live holy, to ACCEPT YOU......And He NEVER WILL.

GOD ONLY accepts you, and receives you as His OWN........ based on the Blood of Jesus being shed for you, applied to you, and  THATS IT. !

Reader, do yourself a favor.  NEVER TRY TO COMPETE WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS.   If you do, then You will FAIL now, and in eternity.

Edited by Behold
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

20 minutes ago, Behold said:

GOD ONLY accepts you, and receives you as His OWN........ based on the Blood of Jesus being shed for you, applied to you, and  THATS IT. !

:amen:     Nothing to add-that is it!!!                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

:amen:     Nothing to add-that is it!!!                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

Amen .....

"what can wash away my sin".  ???????????

THATS THE PROBLEM we had that only JESUS CAN SOLVE.....and DID if we are born again.

Is there any other way to heaven?

Not according to God who hung on the cross to offer us "THE WAY".

Its HIM.

He's "THE WAY."

There is one sin, and only ONE that can keep you out of heaven and send you to hell then the Lake of FIRE......  its the SIN OF UNBELIEF.   The sin of dying as a CHRIST REJECTOR..

Reader, are you one of those?

Have you never realized how God views you?

Time to realize it.. and turn to Jesus for SALVATION.    Today is the day...

And for those here who have, and have kneeled at that bloody Cross calling on the beautiful and matchless name of JESUS - Yeshua, ...... then God has you, and you are going Home.

= REJOICE.

Home is where GOD is.........This world is not your home.   Let go of it.

Edited by Behold
  • Praise God! 1

20 minutes ago, Behold said:

Time to realize it.. and turn to Jesus for SALVATION.    Today is the day...

And for those here who have, and have kneeled at that bloody Cross calling on the beautiful and matchless name of JESUS - Yeshua, ...... then God has you, and you are going Home.

= REJOICE.

Home is where GOD is.........This world is not your home.   Let go of it.

:amen::amen:Quit that,I'm sitting here sobbing ......boy,it is beautiful and I just get that lump in my throat & the tears come streaming  down my face!!!!I started weeping in another thread & now this,can't help it when the eyes of my heart see what Precious Jesus Did FOR ME......Hallelulyah,I've gotta log off for some dancing & shouting......

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

54 minutes ago, Behold said:

Let me ask you a question......... Readers...

If a person loves god with all their heart, reads their bible, tries to follow the 10 commandments, and does not doubt that jesus rose from the dead, .. yet, this person is not born again.......what do you have then?

You have a hell bound sinner., and nothing more and nothing less.

Jesus said something very specific to YOU.  He said...."you must keep my commandments to be saved"...>NOPE........ He said, "present your bodies a living sacrifice to be saved"....NOPE....... "you must live holy as god is holy to be saved"....NOPE......

So, what did He say that relates to being SAVED ?....He said...............""""""" YOU MUST BE = BORN AGAIN""""""

AS THAT is how you know you are saved, and THAT is the only reason sinners become saints and godless become righteous.

So never confuse the Gospel of the Grace of God, with any type of self effort or self performance or commandment keeping or any other type of  Legalistic SELF SAVING.

God does not accept your commandment keeping or your law keeping or your good intentions or your struggle to live holy, to ACCEPT YOU......And He NEVER WILL.

Reader, do yourself a favor.  NEVER TRY TO COMPETE WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS.   If you do, then You will FAIL now, and in eternity.

You might remember that the Pharisees wanted to add a lot of rules on top of the ones the Lord gave us to follow. Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.

55 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

You might remember that the Pharisees wanted to add a lot of rules on top of the ones the Lord gave us to follow. Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Blessings.....

You have to let Scripture Confirm Scripture....Jesus used a very important little Word there "IF"

John 14:15-31 King James Version

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5:2-4 King James Version

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

That one little Word Says SOOOOO much.....We are not mandated or required to carry the weight of obligation to fulfill the Law,not any Laws of Moses nor the Law etched in stone that are the 10 commandments.....Jesus Tells us that ALL the LAW is summed up into what? LOVE!

IF we truly Love Jesus then how could we possibly not Love God,Love others? Impossible if we Love Jesus...no,we are not obliged to obey,we obey because we desire to please the ONE we Love most,Who First Loved us!

Matthew 5:17-20 King James Version

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Jesus Fulfilled the Law.....it was FINISHED on the cross    Did He not Do enough? Must we do some of the work,a little on our part,all of it-nothing to add               

With love-in Christ<kwik

Edited by kwikphilly
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord commanded us to obey those two commandments. You refuse to do so?

The Lord also commanded us to “ BE PERFECT, even as your Father in Heaven is Perfect”——- How’s THAT workin’ for ya?”

The Cross changed everything......The same Jesus that commanded us to obey the two Commandments that you mention, also changed the Commandments to “Believe and Love.”  You fail to “Rightly Divide The Word Of God.......” The ascended Christ revealed things through Paul that He did not reveal in His Earthly Ministry to Israel.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Well let me try again.

What happens if you love the lord with all your heart mind and soul, and your neighbor as yourself, and all the plants and animals as your neighbors, and you die, and you were never born again.

A.) Answer.  = Heaven won't be your final destination, it'll just be your date with your eternal judgment.

So, what im showing you, is that  you can be a very religious lover of God, and also have deep feelings for the idea of Jesus dying for humanity, but still have not been born again.

This world is filled with religion and religious do-gooders, who can quote verses, have big Leather bound bibles, and sit smilingly on the front pew every Church Sunday, and never have they been born again.

"you must be born again"  to become a part of God, and Him a part of you, and following that, you live holy and love Jesus, but not to be saved, but because you ARE Saved.

Big distinction.   Massive.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Lord also commanded us to “ BE PERFECT, even as your Father in Heaven is Perfect”——- How’s THAT workin’ for ya?”

The Cross changed everything......The same Jesus that commanded us to obey the two Commandments that you mention, also changed the Commandments to “Believe and Love.”  You fail to “Rightly Divide The Word Of God.......” The ascended Christ revealed things through Paul that He did not reveal in His Earthly Ministry to Israel.....

Christ Jesus message and redemption for mankind was completed: finished on the cross of Calvary. Christ Jesus said:it is finished.

Christ used Paul to spread His initial message of redemptive salvation through Him and Him alone. nothing changed or added after Christ Jesus.

The full redemptive work and message of Christ Jesus was completed and finished at the cross of Calvary, from there Christ Jesus resurrected said to His disciples: go and share the gospel, the good news to all the world.  Matthew. Mark, Luke, Peter, Timothy, and Paul did exactly that and nothing was added or changed to Gods perfect plan of Mercy and Grace through and only through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus.

John 19:28-30

It Is Finished

28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” 29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Edited by 1to3
  • Praise God! 1