Could use some advice

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Recently a family member did something against my wishes without thinking about the consequences of these actions.  My initial reaction was to be very distraught.  I was spending time with the Lord and I told the Lord that I would not let what this person did steal my peace and joy.  Right after that I received information that the irresponsibility of two other people was affecting me.  That very same day my engine oil light came on in my car.  My question is what is the proper reaction with all this coming at the same time?  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

Shalom @Blue Lulu

Sometimes Yahweh can try and teach us lessons in life or discipline us with events and other people.  I'm not saying that's definitely the case with you but it could be. 

Rejoice though! As this is an opportunity or invitation to grow as a disciple. 

58 minutes ago, Blue Lulu said:

My question is what is the proper reaction with all this coming at the same time?  

Try to step out of your subjective perspective and look at these events allegorically.  Look beyond the what, the who and the when and instead consider the why and the how. 

Look at your situation as a parable and try to percieve the lessons you may be being taught.  Consider you reactions, your emotions, your logic and general heart to these events. What do you feel tested on, what are you struggling to fight back, where do you feel qeak and vulnerable. 

I can't answer these questions for you but you will be able to. And, when you feel you have understood the message underneath the symbolic, act on it accordingly in prayer, heart and deed. 

Keep your head up and keep faithfulness to His ways.  Quieten the fleshy reactions and examine yourself and I'm sure He will guide you. 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Blue Lulu said:

Recently a family member did something against my wishes without thinking about the consequences of these actions.  My initial reaction was to be very distraught.  I was spending time with the Lord and I told the Lord that I would not let what this person did steal my peace and joy.  Right after that I received information that the irresponsibility of two other people was affecting me.  That very same day my engine oil light came on in my car.  My question is what is the proper reaction with all this coming at the same time?  

As a human your first reaction would be to be upset, that is the way we are wired. But just stay focused on God and do not get distracted. Satan wants us to get distracted. He hates it when we pray. Your engine oil light had nothing to do with the situation you had with a family member. Just stay focused on the Lord. Bring before the Lord what has made you upset. Give everything to God and let Him work it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Blue Lulu,

2 hours ago, Blue Lulu said:

My question is what is the proper reaction with all this coming at the same time?  

My reply would be to continue pursuing the Lord in prayer and in reading his Word.  We will never be able to fully understand why people, friends, family hurt or disappoint us but as long as there is sin in the world it will happen. That is why I only count on the Lord and trust him fully since I realize I don't have control over the people around me but the Lord can do anything in his power and will.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

1 hour ago, Blue Lulu said:

Sometimes it is not easy, as you have expressed. Once it took me six weeks before I could forgive someone for what they did. The problem with waiting so long is that we reap what we sow, and if we are sowing bitterness in our hearts, bitterness is what we shall reap---even while God is being patient with us  to do the right thing. Blessings to you. :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

3 hours ago, Blue Lulu said:

First, I would take the car to the shop, and have the oil light checked.  A $20 fix, could end up being a $2,000 fix, if you don't deal with the oil light.  The faster you find out, the cheaper the cost will be.  And even if it is expensive, better to find out now, than later.

As for the family problems, it all depends on what the actions were, and the motivation behind them.   

You gave no indication as to what the action, or consequence was.  Without knowing this, it could be anything from changing where they are meeting for dinner, to who gets the family $100 million estate, after the funeral. 

So what the proper reaction is, depends greatly on how severe a problem we are talking about.     It could be, let it go, and move on with life.   It could be seek out a relative to go with you to confront bad behavior.  It could also be, you need a lawyer.

You must always, as any Christian forgive.  But Forgiving doesn't mean being a doormat to be walked over.   Sometimes you need to confront badly behaving people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

never run your car's engine when the check oil light is on...

check your oil level and make sure there is oil in the engine.   If the oil pressure  is low enough to turn that light on you can do serious damage to an engine.  If you don't know how to check the oil level just google it....   it's not difficult unless you are driving a 3/4 ton truck or something really high off the ground...

Second let your feelings be known and get on with life.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your suggestions.  I did check my oil and it was fine.   My mileage and time between oil changes had not come up and it was just one more thing to add to this day of frustrations.  Because I know that these things will happen in life, I want to react in the way God wants me to react.  However I fall short, so your advice will help me.

4 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom @Blue Lulu

Sometimes Yahweh can try and teach us lessons in life or discipline us with events and other people.  I'm not saying that's definitely the case with you but it could be. 

Rejoice though! As this is an opportunity or invitation to grow as a disciple. 

Try to step out of your subjective perspective and look at these events allegorically.  Look beyond the what, the who and the when and instead consider the why and the how. 

Look at your situation as a parable and try to percieve the lessons you may be being taught.  Consider you reactions, your emotions, your logic and general heart to these events. What do you feel tested on, what are you struggling to fight back, where do you feel qeak and vulnerable. 

I can't answer these questions for you but you will be able to. And, when you feel you have understood the message underneath the symbolic, act on it accordingly in prayer, heart and deed. 

Keep your head up and keep faithfulness to His ways.  Quieten the fleshy reactions and examine yourself and I'm sure He will guide you. 

Love & Shalom 

This was really helpful, thank you.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, Blue Lulu said:

I tend to distance myself from people who make me miserable. Better have your car checked out.