• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, charisenexcelsis said:

I try to say what I say truthfully. If I wished to discuss any point in particular, I would say so. I disagree with much that you posted, but believe you to be a Christian. I am not trying to trick or trap you.

So I'm open to debate your disagreements, we can message if you don't want to publicly, but I've a feeling you wouldn't mind!

Just now, charisenexcelsis said:

Perhaps some other time. I am up this late because of a physical issue, but need to get some more sleep before work in the morning.

Ok, we do have a lot of time difference, 12.15pm here, another time, & I'm Pete.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

22 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Great observation, Ping. 

@copenhagen Is there any other topic that you might want to discuss?

Otheres have pointed out, and i agree, this site is a church.  Some here for various reasons, that includes me, use this site as the only church we have.

With chat, prayer meetings, and forums at this site, so much is offered it's absolutely wonderful.  You can find so much to meet your needs whatever they might be :sherlock:.

God bless you. 

:101:

PS: And really great emojis too.

:20:.  :consoling2:

:horse:    :soapbox::yadda:

:emot-partyblower:     :secret-talk:  :sneaking::beehive::runforhills:

:group-hug:

PSS: @George    Thank you so much for this site. It is a huge blessing to many.     

well, this website can be pretty corrupted too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Equippers said:

well, this website can be pretty corrupted too.

Just all on different journeys to truth. 1000's think they have it, & believe their church doctrine, some are open to be persuaded with debate, others  just liken argument, & for them it's about getting attention, & oneupmanship, so all much like 2Tim4v3-4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 

It's about having a tough skin, & shrugging off criticism, & being strong the Faith.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The last couple of weeks, I have been trying to FORCE myself to find the pastor interesting. It hasn't worked. I attempted to focus on the parts of the sermon which were insightful or interesting and I just couldn't find them. Even his jokes are falling flat. 

From what I can tell, church attendance is down significantly as well. I haven't seen the church this empty in quite some time. It's likely the church is hurting for revenue at this point. As I've said elsewhere, this church, like many others, is having a tough time recruiting younger adults. 

I'm a little bit sad about all of this. This church has compromised all it can and then some and it still can't maintain baseline numbers. 

Edited by copenhagen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, copenhagen said:

The last couple of weeks, I have been trying to FORCE myself to find the pastor interesting. It hasn't worked. I attempted to focus on the parts of the sermon which were insightful or interesting and I just couldn't find them. Even his jokes are falling flat. 

From what I can tell, church attendance is down significantly as well. I haven't seen the church this empty in quite some time. It's likely the church is hurting for revenue at this point. As I've said elsewhere, this church, like many others, is having a tough time recruiting younger adults. 

I'm a little bit sad about all of this. This church has compromised all it can and then some and it still can't maintain baseline numbers. 

Sometimes. The church needs to go out into the community and be the church. Our church is growing. They talk a lot about serving others. Serving the community.  We come out from behind our church walls.  

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Oh yeah, several of the local churches do that. There's plenty of volunteer activity. I have no idea how it's impacting church attendance in the local area. At the church I've attended regularly (or semi-regularly), attendance is down. Outreach is not impacting attendance positively. At best, it's slowing the decrease in attendance. 

This is a problem nationally  however, it's not something specific to this one church obviously. Every time this church has attempted to expand operations in some way, even in areas which appear to fill a glaring need, the new program or service shuts down within months. The will is there, but not the market.

Edited by copenhagen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Our church attendance is down because the old people are dying off, and the young people graduate from high school go to college in a different city and never come back home..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

39 minutes ago, other one said:

Our church attendance is down because the old people are dying off, and the young people graduate from high school go to college in a different city and never come back home..

you must live in a small town, not a major city.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,723
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/17/2020 at 6:59 PM, copenhagen said:

but they don't like to think. They prefer to have the media and the pastor and all of the hifalootin' types do the "thinking" for them. They just believe.

No one else  thinks, is that right? No one else sees things as they are, that's the problem is it?