• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, maryjayne said:

WOW. And how do you know this? many people have metabolic issues and condition or medicine which puts on weight. Seriously, why are you being so judgmental? Do you have any extra weight on you, or battle with a particular sin? 

I think your hyperbole is uncalled for, and worrying in the negative way you are viewing other fellow humans in general.

Show me some evidence that water consumption is making people fat. Or that "metabolic issues" make people fat. There're two things that make people fat: eating too much and not moving enough. 

• Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

25 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I think I found something in the dungeon, it starts with T.

Does it end with a roll?

• Haha 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, copenhagen said:

Show me some evidence that water consumption is making people fat. Or that "metabolic issues" make people fat. There're two things that make people fat: eating too much and not moving enough. 

I had over 50 pounds of water weight gain from a medical issue last year. Fortunately once the medical issue was corrected, the water weight fell off. 

There are a lot of medical issues that can cause weight gain. PCOS is a known problem that causes some women to gain weight easier than others, and have a greater difficulty in losing it. Some folks take prednisone or other corticosteroids which results in weight gain. Jerry lewis in his later years had that happen to him. That is just 2 common ways in which folks end up obese. 

I do hope that you never suffer from anything that causes you to gain weight and struggle to get rid of it. I wouldnt want to see you condemn yourself as harshly as you do others.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Just now, ayin jade said:

I had over 50 pounds of water weight gain from a medical issue last year. Fortunately once the medical issue was corrected, the water weight fell off. 

To clarify this. While undergoing chemo, my albumin dropped significantly. This causes fluid to leak out into tissues in the body. Hence water weight gain. Once the chemo stopped and my albumin increased to what it is supposed to be, the water weight dropped within a week, in spite of an increased appetite. Imagine that. Losing 50 pounds while eating twice as much food.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

22 minutes ago, Aimes said:
47 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I think I found something in the dungeon, it starts with T.

Does it end with a roll?

Oh, my! That IS funny! LoVeD it!!!  1783090588_laughingsmiley.gif.aff7125d46b5026b69a47252cf5f82f1.gif

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, copenhagen said:

14 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

There are a lot of medical issues that can cause weight gain. PCOS is a known problem that causes some women to gain weight easier than others, and have a greater difficulty in losing it. Some folks take prednisone or other corticosteroids which results in weight gain. Jerry lewis in his later years had that happen to him. That is just 2 common ways in which folks end up obese. 

I do hope that you never suffer from anything that causes you to gain weight and struggle to get rid of it. I wouldnt want to see you condemn yourself as harshly as you do others.

You've endured numerous difficult struggles and it's joyous to know they're near an end. :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey :) The problem here is.. its not the food were talking about its this body. So if were going to RUN with this as a SIN then everything in every way this body takes LIFE in.. will be a sin. What you watch.. hear.. on and on. It all goes into this body. Then to treat "Gluttony" = food.  So many areas of our life we glutton over.

And there is no verse in the bible says Gluttony is a sin. There are many verses that talk about it..yet context. So please back it up with the word. In this case its mute. Not even a Doctor can look at someone over weight and know why they are over weight.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On 2/26/2020 at 8:07 AM, missmuffet said:

Although I do not see this as a reason to be prejudiced to people who are over weight. I think it is wrong for a person who drinks alcohol and drinks coffee to point their finger at someone who smokes cigarettes and think they are terrible by taking part in a drug when alcohol and caffeine are a drug. 

Reminds me of something I heard years ago. When the Dutch Christians discovered that that the French Christians enjoy wine, the Dutch Christians almost choked on their cigars.

• Haha 1