• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Thank you for answering my question. And while I do not wish to argue I feel the need to point out that pants are only masculine if you buy them from the "mens department" of the store. "women pants" sold in the "womens department" are cut and fit for women. Men pants do not fit right on a women.  It seems only men bring this up I guess because they must think that pants are pants and all the same. But they are not.  I could not wear a pair of my husband's pants anymore then he could wear a pair of mine. They wouldn't fit right men pants are longer and  wider than women’s pants. Women pants are  shorter and narrower.  Women pants are made for women and not men. Therefor women pants are consider women's clothing.  

:off-topic: again I know but there seem to be many topics in this thread. 

That's not true.  I have seen many women wear jeans made to fit men.  People can't tell the difference.  They don't look feminine either way.

If you made a frilly dress to fit a man, he would still be effeminate wearing it.

2 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:
What exactly about pants is considered masculine?  Why was it okay for men to veer away from Biblical attire.... and women too, for that matter?  Why are we all not wearing robes?  Men wearing men's robes... and women wearing women's robes?   If it applies to women, it applies to men.   What distinguished men's robes from women's robes in Biblical times?  And today, the same should apply to pants.... men have their masculine style of pants and women have feminine style of pants.  I do believe we should ALL be modest.... tight-fitting clothing or too much skin showing shouldn't be a thing among Christians.  Just saying..... 

Because the Bible doesn't specify wearing robes.  It says not to cross dress.  It says effeminate men won't inherit the kingdom of God.

• Oy Vey! 1

Just now, Godismyloveforever said:

What if the pants were pink with white lace trimmings? 

Perhaps not, but it creates a stumbling block.  There will be those who say if that is ok, all pants are.  It is like if a man has a denim dress with monster trucks or skull and bones on it.  Does that make masculine?

• Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

3 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

If you stumble, it's your fault.  Don't look for excuses. 

The Bible warns us not to place a stumbling block in front of others.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Yes, stumbling can be an issue, but Paul says it is the weak in faith who are stumbled by things that do not really matter (my paraphrase. Still though, if we love others as we ought, we will not give occasion to stumble to those weak. Intead, we will abstain even from things that are not sinful, if that keeps the other person's conscious intact.

I think implied in all of that, is the necessity to educate the weak, with gentleness, instruction, edification, and encouragement, especially using scripture to let them come to an understanding of what matters to God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61

The ones to do the most squawking about being tempted and quoting “stumbling block passages” aren't new believers so much as it is the one who have been a Christian for a long time. The bible certainly teaches the thought of personal responsibility for our own actions in all areas of our walk. When an individual wants a cop out or to pass the buck so to speak; for not wanting to own up to their own responsibilities and short comings they quote the “stumbling block” passages to place the responsibility squarely on the shoulders of someone else. Each person is still held accountable for their own actions irregardless of what anyone else is doing. As Jesus answered Peter in John 21, it doesn't matter what others are doing... YOU (collective you, no one here specifically) follow Jesus, and worry about YOU.

Everyone experiences temptations whether they are a new Christian or a mature one, we can't get away from them. They happen; and when they happen we are rely on the Holy Spirit to show us the way out from them NOT make other people smooth all the rough places out for us, so we don't have to go through temptations.

Galatians 6 : 3 – 5 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves.  Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else,  for each one should carry their own load.

57 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

If a woman dressing in a masculine way is a stumbling block for you, then you must have issues I would not know how to help you with. 

It's a stumbling block to other women who would dress in masculine apparel and sin.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61

Everybody does things that are wrong, and they know when they do wrong. There is NOT one single Christian on this earth, who does everything perfectly, and if they claim they do, they are lying to themselves. But it makes people feel good about themselves and look better in the eyes of others to point out others shortcomings. We can't live in this world without being around people who are imperfect. Its a fact of life, we have to except. No one can force anyone else to believe or change they way they do things, no matter how much they jump up and down and wave their arms and screech. No human can force anyone else into a mold they do not fit in.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

They don't look feminine either way.

All a matter of opinion I guess. Anyway I'm not going to go on about it.  If you wish to judge me to be a breaker of The Law for wearing pants, there is not much I can do about that and it really doesn't bother me if you do. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

It is like if a man has a denim dress with monster trucks or skull and bones on it.  Does that make masculine?

Seems masculine to me. You do know that much of this is based on culture.  Anyway, I have never been mistaken for a man for wearing pants. That would just be weird. :o

• Thumbs Up 1