• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

A true Christian would not be doing this sort of thing. 

Well, I am supposing the opster was indicating that. So, my response was accordingly. 

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Most of us don't think in that manner.

Which was this. 

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

This man in this cartoon maybe a church going. But he is not a Christian.

If he's not a Christian, he cannot be backslidden. Which is the title of your post here. 

Blind backsliding

And apparently I am confused. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I think you hit the point right there. A true Christian would not be doing this sort of thing.  This man in this cartoon maybe a church going. But he is not a Christian. (I can make that judgment because it is a cartoon and not a real person)  :)

I don't see any difference in what you said and me saying a real Christian wouldn't dress like that woman, and I can say that because it is a cartoon.  I wouldn't even say that, because I think it is too judgmental.  I can see behavior as wrong without judging if someone is saved.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

22 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I was saying that women that wear them place a stumbling block in front of other women to wear fashions that are masculine.

The thing is is that your argument is not Biblical. It is of "your" opinion that pants are masculine. While I myself along with many other women see "women's" pants or "women's" jeans  as femimen, based on the fact that they are cut, made, and design for women and not for men.  Having the opinion that women's pants are masculine is fine for you to have. But to use that opinion to judge a   woman's Godliness and to flat out accuse her of being a cross dresser is  where it becomes wrong.   

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

The thing is is that your argument is not Biblical. It is of "your" opinion that pants are masculine. While I myself along with many other women see "women's" pants or "women's" jeans  as femimen, based on the fact that they are cut, made, and design for women and not for men.  Having the opinion that women's pants are masculine is fine for you to have. But to use that opinion to judge a   woman's Godliness and to flat out accuse her of being a cross dresser is  where it becomes wrong.   

Actually, it isn't wrong.  Women would clearly judge a man as wrong to wear a dress.  Concerned Women For America have been fighting against a book about a little boy wearing a skirt.  I have just as much right to judge masculine and feminine as you have.

57 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Are there any circumstances where the wearing of female tailored/cut trousers would be ok in your understanding of scripture?

Edited to add: 

I mean women wearing women's trousers tailored for our female shape, and not androgenous or male shaping and tailoring.  eg women's jeans shaped for a female waist and hips.

I believe dresses pertain to women and pants pertain to men.  It is my position that people just started marketing men's clothes to women.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

That is because it is against TOS to suggest that a poster or member here has not been saved, but not against TOS to raise the question of salvation for someone portrayed as a cartoon character on here.

@LadyKay could only raise the salvation question due to the subject being an imaginary person.

I apologize  to any imaginary cartoon people I may have offended by accusing them of not being a Christian. :wub:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Are you asking if he would think a man should wear women's trousers/pants (because pants are "masculine")? If so, I'm interested as well. And also ...if men in Biblical times should've worn women's robes...if so, what should the women have worn? Should women not have worn robes because men also wore robes and that made them masculine, despite the different (gender related) styles? (Hmmm....)

Robes have never been specific to gender.  Robes are not dresses.  If I seek to buy a robe, I don't go to the dress department.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

I actually think that intent is the issue. That is also the issue with modesty.

If it is all about intent, even with modesty, some women think a bikini is fine, while others feel the need to be more covered.  Some see a mini-skirt or short shorts and a tank top as fine, while others don't.  People will always make judgements about the right and wrong of things.  I don't know of any church that would let a man teach Sunday School wearing a skirt (not a kilt).  Why?  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

We are not discussing men wearing dresses. We are discussing women wearing female shaped trousers clearly manufactured and designed for the female shape.

The book about a boy wearing a skirt that a Christian women's group opposes, is about a skirt made for him to fit him by his mother.  They saw this as teaching boys it is fine to wear effeminate clothes.  There is no difference.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 3/3/2020 at 4:35 PM, creativemechanic said:

If we're not careful,this can be us. (Please don't make this a should women wear pants debate)

I wonder who read the O.P.?