P Jay

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

There is another topic floating around in my mind, and it's the idea that the Church is divided and disconnected.  There are times that I believe it is, but other times that I don't think it is.  It seems to be a fact to me that there are different churches that seem to interpret Scripture differently, and as a result they have different ideas about what it means to be  a Christian, and what it means to be a church.  There's the idea that a divided house will soon fall gives me concerns because I hear many Christian leaders talking negative ab0ut other leaders or other churches.  It seems to me that some believe that one church is better than the other.  And this seems to be one reason for the division in the Church.  Is one church better than another?  Or is it good to have diversity among the Believers in Christ?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

What is being preached and taught in the Church? The Bible tells us we should only listen to those who preach the true gospel of Jesus Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The Bible itself is the firm ground.  Keep our eyes on the firm foundation of Jesus and not on the failures of people.

Consider:

Matthew 3: 11 "As for me [John the Baptist], I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.   His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Matthew 13:24 "Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field.   But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away.   But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also.   The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’   And he said to them, ‘An enemy has done this!’ The slaves *said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?’   But he *said, ‘No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.   Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

Comment:

Jesus WILL separate believers from fence walkers by acts of God.  When you see churches dropping into obscurity and ineffectiveness you are seeing God at work to perfect His bride.  Just be sure YOU are not the source of this division as the following verse advises:

1 Timothy 6:3-6
"If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.  But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment."

How do you know which is true?:

1 Corinthians 15:1-5
"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve."

Edited by -Pv-

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, P Jay said:

There is another topic floating around in my mind, and it's the idea that the Church is divided and disconnected.  There are times that I believe it is, but other times that I don't think it is.  It seems to be a fact to me that there are different churches that seem to interpret Scripture differently, and as a result they have different ideas about what it means to be  a Christian, and what it means to be a church.  There's the idea that a divided house will soon fall gives me concerns because I hear many Christian leaders talking negative ab0ut other leaders or other churches.  It seems to me that some believe that one church is better than the other.  And this seems to be one reason for the division in the Church.  Is one church better than another?  Or is it good to have diversity among the Believers in Christ?

Satan infiltrates the church whenever possible, tempting its leaders to go astray and take their congregations with them. Those that do go astray are pitted against the ones trying to follow Jesus. I doubt you'll find a perfect church.

I've lost patience and interest in going to church regularly. I go sometimes now. I find myself far happier reading my Bible, praying and analysing the Bible at home or in a small group. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

This goes all the way back to the establishment of the churches during the apostles time and some early church fathers, over time it continues to wax worse and worse. 

Acts 17:11 (KJV) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

The kingdom of heaven is found in the hearts that forgive n share happiness, not in religious buildings or denominations

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DIVERSITY ???

JOHN 14:6  JESUS saith unto him --I am the way--the truth--and the life--NO  MAN-- cometh unto THE  FATHER  but by ME

PROVERBS 8:32  NOW  THEREFORE  HEARKEN  UNTO  ME  O  YOU  CHILDREN  FOR  BLESSED  ARE  THEY  THAT  KEEP  MY  WAYS 

PSALM 119:59  I thought on my ways and turned my feet unto thy testimonies  

ISAIAH 55:8  for MY thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways MY ways saith THE  LORD 

1 CORINTHIANS  for this cause have I sent Timotheus who is my beloved son and faithful in  THE  LORD  who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in CHRIST --- AS  I  TEACH  EVERYWHERE  IN  EVERY  CHURCH ---

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JOHN 7:16  JESUS  ANSWERED  THEM  AND  SAID  MY  DOCTRINE  IS  NOT  MINE  BUT  HIS  THAT  SENT  ME  --JOHN 17:17-- IF  ANY  MAN-- WILL  DO  HIS  WILL  HE  SHALL  KNOW  OF  THE  DOCTRINE  WHETHER  IT  BE  OF  GOD  OR  WHETHER  I  SPEAK  OF  MYSELF  --7:19-- HE  THAT  SPEAKETH  OF  HIMSELF  --SEEKETH  HIS  OWN  GLORY  BUT  HE  THAT  SEEKETH  HIS  GLORY  THAT  SENT  HIM  THE  SAME  IS  TRUE  AND  NO  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  IS  IN  HIM

HEBREWS 10:36  FOR  YOU  HAVE  NEED  OF  PATIENCE  THAT  AFTER  YOU  HAVE  --DONE  THE  WILL  OF  GOD--  YOU  MIGHT  RECEIVE  THE  PROMISE

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ROMANS  15:18  for I will not dare to speak of any of those things which  CHRIST  hath not wrought by me to make the gentiles obedient by word and deed

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1  be you followers of me even as I also am of CHRIST

JOHN 12:49  FOR  I  HAVE  NOT  SPOKEN  OF  MYSELF  BUT  THE  FATHER  WHICH  SENT  ME  HE  GAVE  ME  A  COMMANDMENT  WHAT  I  SHOULD  SAY  AND  WHAT  I SHOULD  SPEAK --12:50-- AND  I  KNOW  THAT  HIS  COMMANDMENT  IS  LIFE  EVERLASTING  WHATSOEVER  I  SPEAK  THEREFORE  EVEN  AS  THE  FATHER  SAID  UNTO  ME  SO  I  SPEAK 

MARK 8:35  FOR  WHOSOEVER  WILL  SAVE  HIS  LIFE  ---SHALL  LOSE  IT--- BUT  WHOSOEVER  SHALL  LOSE  HIS  LIFE  FOR  MY  SAKE  AND  THE  GOSPELS  ---THE  SAME  SHALL  SAVE  IT---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

Quite a few modern western religious institutions that call themselves churches haven't seen the presence of the Holy Spirit in a very long time.  A bible study with one other person is more "church" than those are.
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

15 hours ago, charisenexcelsis said:

"The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; or again the head to the feet , "I have no need of you>" However difficult and however much effort is needed, the body of Christ is not an option. When we choose not to be part of the body, we make ourselves a denomination of one.

Yes i agree with that. It is in the Bible. Pulling together is the best way. But oh so hard in practice, personality clashes and different opinions within churches. We are humans and we get on each other's nerves at times. 

For me i have come to a point where my well being and health is affected by the behaviour of some at church. I need peace, silence and time alone. To be with God. To find my role and path of service.