• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, appy said:

My post is directed  to the quoted individual.   Confused or mixed signals, from the parents of the girls my foot !!!!! I do not have children, but if I saw inappropriate content from a middle aged man that my family met in church, on my 16 year old daughter's cell phone, I would not be a happy camper and I would NOT have any problem ending the friendship right then and there.   Nor would I feel bad about it.   My daughter's welfare comes before the offender's feelings.

I'm sure many parents here would respond in the same way. I do NOT believe the mother of those girls ever “liked” a post of his on facebook page, when they cut off all physical contact as well as blocked him from all other web sites.

Uhh I have tangible evidence, in the form of my facebook, in regards to the liking and birthday commenting.

Edited by mlssufan01
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I really don't care MLS,  at this point, you need to move on and not keep talking about this family. Because as has already been said, each time you post about it, it stays on the forefront of your mind.   Omegaman has given you an excellent response.  It is time for you to let them go.  Make new friends at your new church.  There is always more room in our hearts for new friends.  As capt. Picard always said, "make it so". 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Godismyloveforever said:

That is why Captain Kirk was much better.  What did Picard really ever do? 

His system was: 

1. What's the problem?  They tell him.

2. What should we do? They tell him.

3. Make it so. 

PS: And he had an underage unqualified kid flying the ship for him.

Come on you guys, is this thread about Star Trek?

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Come on you guys, is this thread about Star Trek?

It would make a more interesting turn of events. This one has become extremely monotonous. 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, appy said:

My post is directed  to the quoted individual.   Confused or mixed signals, from the parents of the girls my foot !!!!! I do not have children, but if I saw inappropriate content from a middle aged man that my family met in church, on my 16 year old daughter's cell phone, I would not be a happy camper and I would NOT have any problem ending the friendship right then and there.   Nor would I feel bad about it.   My daughter's welfare comes before the offender's feelings.

I'm sure many parents here would respond in the same way. I do NOT believe the mother of those girls ever “liked” a post of his on facebook page, when they cut off all physical contact as well as blocked him from all other web sites.

As I said in my post I'm only going by the information as given in the OP.  I gather you might be privy to more background information than I have.  But in any case the advice was sound, biblical, gospel truth.  Repentance, forgiveness, cleansing from all unrighteousness.  The gospel is a much more effective spiritual weapon than a shotgun.  Jesus can forgive and change hearts, and that is hope for even the vilest offender who acknowledges their sin and seeks the Lord for deliverance.

• This is Worthy 1

9 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

People have been saying that to the OP for three years. Here and in chat. Repeatedly and with love.

Part of the frustration is that the OP is not acting on the advice, as evidenced by the comments he makes AND he is not accepting and addressing the reality and severity of what he has shared previously, but is dumbing down and misrepresenting what happened to a new audience.

Sometimes being harder to someone is needed.

Yes of course there is a place for discipline and rebuke and correction.  Just that I didn't think I was the one who needed it in this instance.  ;)  It was only my first contact with this individual.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a footnote:  In my opinion what we need to see much more of than shotguns is deliverance ministry.  I wish those who get so mad at things would get mad at demons for once and start casting them out of people who desperately need it.  We're not wrestling with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities in high places.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

We get that. I'm guessing you read the first post and skipped the rest. My reply first reply to you was in response to your saying the parents had mixed feelings. For the last 3 yrs between the chatroom and forums, he's been whining about the family not allowing him back into their lives. And all that time, numerous folks have given him very good suggestions, to help him move on with his life, to which he objected to each time.

This is the first time he has expressed the desire to move on. I agree, that he needs encouragement to put that into practice. What he does NOT need is coddling as if he were a child. The man does not need to hear the gospel, he is already a Christian. Neither does the other party involved. They are already Christians.

The thread has NOTHING to do with deliverance from sin. It has to do with him accepting the fact that the family involved, does not want to be in physical contact with him period. And that is all it has been about for 3 yrs. He is now speaking of moving on with his life. He has gotten very good suggestions from folks in this thread in regards to him moving on. As long as he stays focused on this family, the harder it is for him to move on.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,781
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

It's time to close this thread down.  :)

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• George locked this topic