Coronavirus

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for all your comments. Regarding the coronavirus scare, I will only add these verses. Matthew 10:28: "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." 1 Timothy 1:7: "For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Philippians 3:14: "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (KJV) The Lord is sovereign over all things regardless of what we know or do not know, or what we can or cannot do. He is in complete control. What better hands than to be in the palm of the hands of the One who created us. We are His prize. I believe the Lord is reminding us to turn our eyes upon Him, our first love, in seeking His face continually. The world is but a vapor in light of eternity (however long the Lord tarries) and we find there is also opportunity to evangelize/witness to the best of our abilities to a fearful and lost world whenever or wherever opportunity rises. We are still the 'light of the world' and 'salt of the earth' the short time that remains. As the final curtain draws closer and closer to His return, we are to turn our eyes upon Him and make the most of the time He has given us. We have all the time in the world. In other words, His enduring Word never changes. He is our blessed hope until His time. :)

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Frear or not. I still think everyone should be washing their hands.

cant argue with that .    but since we are on that topic let me bring up the spiritual side of it .    I done washed my hands of all that false contrary to JESUS    all inclusive doctrine .

Now put those hands up and praise the LORD .   no matter if this blows over or gets worse ,   MY GOD IS IN CONTROL ,  HE HAS HIS lambs .      

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.67
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

My understanding of "Fear of the Lord" = reverence of God,

not the same "fear" as "do not fear".

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

On 3/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, other one said:

Being a survivalist, I hope people can understand why I see a good bit of humor in all this because of the ridicule I've suffered over the years.

What ridicule have you suffered? If you’ve already answered this in other threads then I’ll understand if you ignore it.?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.67
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

I'm sorry to hear about the treatment you have received in the past.

I am not aware of what you suffered. But you do not need to repeat those situations to me.

May our God of all Comfort give you peace in every and all circumstances.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you would have to have been here for a long time Renee to understand my feelings....   I have pushed people stock up enough provisions for a couple or three months for decades both here and in real life and been told to just rely on the Lord and not to plan for disasters....    so God help me but I find it humorous that people can't find toilet paper...   even though it happens every time some little thing comes along....    you don't need a warehouse full of stuff but really just an extra 24 roll package that you replace as you use up the one open....    Something to eat (whatever you enjoy) to last a couple of months...   and you don't have to go down to the store and spend $500 at one time, just buy a little extra each week and put it aside to be used in an emergency....     but don't waste it, eat it but replace it when you do.

Personally we can live for a couple of months if necessary just out of the pantry.....   and if that's not enough over the past two years we have stocked up a couple of more months of 25 to 30 year shelf life survival food....    that's what we take on long vacation trips in the Winnebago and replace it when we get home.....     and people for 50 years have had offensive fun out of that so day before yesterday when I went to Walmart for some fresh apples (which you really can't store) and saw all the empty shelves I just stood there and laughed....   happened again just like I've told folks for years. People just never learn...      and I felt a bit vindicated so I just had to come here and bloat over it a bit....

BTW my own wife is one of those people....   and she's out of Lysol disinfectant....     never buys a new one till she's shot the last shot out of the one she has...   and it appears she's going to be out of it for some time now....    Didn't know she'd been into my stash...

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

33 minutes ago, other one said:

you would have to have been here for a long time Renee to understand my feelings....   I have pushed people stock up enough provisions for a couple or three months for decades both here and in real life and been told to just rely on the Lord and not to plan for disasters....    so God help me but I find it humorous that people can't find toilet paper...   even though it happens every time some little thing comes along....    you don't need a warehouse full of stuff but really just an extra 24 roll package that you replace as you use up the one open....    Something to eat (whatever you enjoy) to last a couple of months...   and you don't have to go down to the store and spend $500 at one time, just buy a little extra each week and put it aside to be used in an emergency....     but don't waste it, eat it but replace it when you do.

Personally we can live for a couple of months if necessary just out of the pantry.....   and if that's not enough over the past two years we have stocked up a couple of more months of 25 to 30 year shelf life survival food....    that's what we take on long vacation trips in the Winnebago and replace it when we get home.....     and people for 50 years have had offensive fun out of that so day before yesterday when I went to Walmart for some fresh apples (which you really can't store) and saw all the empty shelves I just stood there and laughed....   happened again just like I've told folks for years. People just never learn...      and I felt a bit vindicated so I just had to come here and bloat over it a bit....

BTW my own wife is one of those people....   and she's out of Lysol disinfectant....     never buys a new one till she's shot the last shot out of the one she has...   and it appears she's going to be out of it for some time now....    Didn't know she'd been into my stash...

We have done the same for decades as well. There are many reasons to do so.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

31 minutes ago, other one said:

Well everyone will believe you now.? I always have a box of canned fish(sardines and salmon) from Vitalchoice stored in my pantry and extra paper products. I’m a parent of three young kids and always feel the need to have things on hand for them in case of an emergency like tornadoes etc. And my husband does laugh at me because I always keep an emergency kit in his car just in case he gets stranded in the car during a snowstorm in the Winter. The kit has EVERYTHING  you need to survive for a few days, so I get laughed at too sometimes.

That’s funny about your wife and the  Lysol. 

Enjoy gloating a little bit. You deserve it based on what you said you’ve been warning people about. ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Taranis said:

How many of these time that FEAR Appears, is it that you are to Fear the LORD?

WHAT IS Fear of the LORD?

Amen.....and it means to take Him SERIOUSLY, for starters.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, Taranis said:

How many of these time that FEAR Appears, is it that you are to Fear the LORD?

WHAT IS Fear of the LORD?

The fear of the LORD is to depart from evil .    The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom .     IN JESUS CHRIST is given us the wisdom .      Feasting daily upon the wonderous beauty of all that He did teach and say .  Of all the pure and holy doctrine found in the holy scriptures .    For those wonderous gems of upmost beauty , the wonderful holy scriptures do indeed make one wise unto salvation through our Faith in Christ . 

Thus let all learn HIM well , and let all teach others all things he did teach to observe .     GO YE INTO all nations , baptizing them in the NAME of the Father , Son and Holy ghost ,  TEACHING 

them to observe (TO DO )    ALL  things that i have commanded .    OH LET THE LORD be praised and again i say , LET the LORD be praised .