• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Debp said:

Are you able to get to the market or the traditional market?   I remember you were eating rice with ketchup because you didn't want to get around too many people.   And you had a can of sardines.   How are you now?

Either this pandemic comes or not doesnt make any difference  to me, just thank God for what you rcv so abundantly. The richs want to live forever so they hoard supermarket, but what can the poor buy ? Lazarus died in the end n thats happiness. Churches r fulled with pastors offering free sermons n salvation, thats all they give

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

When people are ordered to stay at home, and not to work, products don't get produced.  Shelves are becoming bare now because we are not producing the products to fill them.

At first we had hoarding of certain items like toilet paper, and milk.  This was an artificial short term shortage caused by fearful people.  But when shortages are caused by government orders not to go to work, and not to produce products, it's fairly obvious (at least to me) that we will have widespread systemic shortages of all kinds of products.

We need to get back to work before we commit economic suicide.  I don't understand why the people who come up with these short sighted policies can't see their impending consequences.  As shelves continue to go bare due to lack of production, hoarding will reemerge.  But this time it will be a real free for all.  Looting will occur as well.

We can still stop this disaster from happening.  But America has to go back to work by May, or a downward spiralling chain of events could lead to chaos that destroys lives.  I am not a cynic.  I'm a realist.

I agree we should pray to God about this.  But my prayer will be that he gives us the wisdom to reverse this catastrophic stay at home policy before we destroy ourselves.

The Sabbath was supposed to be one day in seven, not seven out of seven days.  God knew this, and commanded it.  Jesus even worked on the Sabbath because no time is the right time to stop helping people.  Jno 5:17 says, But Jesus answered them, My father worketh hitherto, and I work.  We need to work too.  Even prior to Adam's fall, in a perfect Garden of Eden, he was expected to be a husbandman (ie. a worker).

Hi

The supermarkets are controlling supplies and customers very well now here in the UK.  Even toilet rolls are back in stock. So we just go out once or twice weekly and get what we need. 

But the daily reports of the number of deaths is horrifying. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

This morning I read an article explaining that toilet paper sold to consumers is different than toilet paper sold to businesses, and is usually made by different manufacturers.  The problem is, we are staying home, not going to work, to restaurants, and so on.   As a result, there's way too much commercial toilet paper, and not enough consumer toilet paper. 

So it's not just the idiots hoarding toilet paper.

In a real pinch, I guess I could buy one of those hand-held bidets.   Not ready for that, yet; Mrs. B. buys toilet paper at Costco, so we happen to have enough for the foreseeable future.

Edited by The Barbarian

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I just have this to say .   does not corona mean crown .         FEAR not the virus ,  THE CROWN BELONGS TO JESUS my friends .   HE WEARETH THE CROWN .  

HE ALONE .      NOW PUT THOSE HANDS Up and fear not the dark crown ,   RATHER PRAISE THE TRUE KING WHO WEARS THE RIGHTFUL CROWN ,     KING JESUS .   HANDS UP ,    MY GOD IS IN CONTROL .  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Well well, I hope everyone is getting along well and shopping or grocery is a bit easier to get done now.  Apparently, not so where I live or is it because of the Easter holiday long weekend.  In Canada Good Friday is a public holiday, so all the shops are closed.  Today and Sunday they will be opened. 

Today I thought I would go pick up a few things at my local grocery and the line is sooo looong.  I then went to get a coffee and saw the line at Costco and it was long long.  This is the first time I really saw wait time and very long line. I am hoping this is not the norm and it is because of the long weekend.

A particular grocery I like to go for my bread and milk choices and which is a bit more expensive now has lineups like my local grocery.  This grocery has a wide variety of everything, but as I said a bit more pricey and still has a large customer base.   

Now, I think I may have to pull that ace card and use my senior citizen option since I turned that number on Tuesday the 7th.  I will wait and see after this weekend to make that decision.

How's your area doing.  Are those shelves stocked or ???.

Edited by warrior12

For all the seniors out there a question.  What is the age you are considered or identified as a senior citizen.   Here in Canada, the age to collect old age pension is at 67 if you were born in 1960 and up and 65 if  under 1960.   What about 60, are you qualified to be  a senior ? 

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  235
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Until the past few years when they changed ( and I still haven't worked out what they are doing ) women retired at 60 men at 65  Now I think they are working towards everyone retiring at 70 but the system is rather unfair as I got my state pension at 65 but others who were the same age as me but who had birthdays after April had to wait an extra two years . I however had already retired at 55 so getting my state pension was a bonus but if anyone asks I am only 25 ( again ) 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

Until the past few years when they changed ( and I still haven't worked out what they are doing ) women retired at 60 men at 65  Now I think they are working towards everyone retiring at 70 but the system is rather unfair as I got my state pension at 65 but others who were the same age as me but who had birthdays after April had to wait an extra two years . I however had already retired at 55 so getting my state pension was a bonus but if anyone asks I am only 25 ( again ) 

Thank you for the information . Only 25 again is caution for proposals , ouch.:emot-heartbeat:

Approximately the same here, only that you can still work after your official retirement age while still collecting your old age pension.  

I remember asking the girl that was supervising the line at the grocery, what it the age for the seniors, and she said 60 or so. So it was not definite. 

My hair is still relatively black and very little grey and the last person told me I looked like 45.  So, I can see having to use my ID .:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Edited by warrior12
  • Haha 1