• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

For us the same a s Jostler. Praise GOD! Jesus is LORD! God WILL supply all our needs by through Christ Jesus!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

I’ve come to help my very shopaholic elderly mother. She has more than enough. Oh she ran out of liquid coffee creamer. It’s tragedy!  She has dry creamer and sugar and everything. I wonder if pampered people who usually have shallow minds, narcissistic are saved?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

12 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I’ve come to help my very shopaholic elderly mother. She has more than enough. Oh she ran out of liquid coffee creamer. It’s tragedy!  She has dry creamer and sugar and everything. I wonder if pampered people who usually have shallow minds, narcissistic are saved?

Kristin what are you hearing on the road?  Are you long haul or local?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,485
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

33 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I stopped at the hardware store and bought 2 dozen quart canning jars, six half gallon canning jars and 120 lids.....heck with paying for canned chickin when I can can it myself for a fraction of the cost :)

Yeah I did the same thing. I wanted me some fresh soup so I made a lot of it; and canned some quarts for later. 

Speaking of vegetable soup... Haven't had a garden in a couple of years, since I had canned so much the previous years. Anyway, the other day I went to order my heirloom seeds I wanted for my garden. Checked everywhere on the internet, and everyone is sold out of the basic stuff [green beans, onions, corn, etc.]. So, had to settle for GMO stuff from Burgess Seed Company. 

As far as shortages at the store. I never know what they're going to be completely sold out of. One day the will have plenty of milk and meats etc. The next day it will be bare. Went for some potato's, celery, onions the other day and they we're completely out at Walmart, Kroger and IGA. The next day Walmart's potato's and onions were overflowing out of the bins? Best time to go to Walmart, if you have to, seems to be [week days] shortly after they open up in the morning and got deliveries over night and stocked. In my few ventures out, the morning crowds are not bad; except for last Saturday, it was an all out mad house with long lines. 

I haven't checked but; if I were a betting man, I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut trying ti find mason jars and lids right now would be tough. People seem to now be planning for the long haul?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yeah I did the same thing. I wanted me some fresh soup so I made a lot of it; and canned some quarts for later. 

Speaking of vegetable soup... Haven't had a garden in a couple of years, since I had canned so much the previous years. Anyway, the other day I went to order my heirloom seeds I wanted for my garden. Checked everywhere on the internet, and everyone is sold out of the basic stuff [green beans, onions, corn, etc.]. So, had to settle for GMO stuff from Burgess Seed Company. 

As far as shortages at the store. I never know what they're going to be completely sold out of. One day the will have plenty of milk and meats etc. The next day it will be bare. Went for some potato's, celery, onions the other day and they we're completely out at Walmart, Kroger and IGA. The next day Walmart's potato's and onions were overflowing out of the bins? Best time to go to Walmart, if you have to, seems to be [week days] shortly after they open up in the morning and got deliveries over night and stocked. In my few ventures out, the morning crowds are not bad; except for last Saturday, it was an all out mad house with long lines. 

I haven't checked but; if I were a betting man, I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut trying ti find mason jars and lids right now would be tough. People seem to now be planning for the long haul?

city Californians are not generally canners :)  Avocado toast doesn't can well :)    I actually went to a hardware store I'd never been to since it opened.  An Orchard's had just closed down a few months ago and a new brand opened up in the same location just a few weeks ago.  I was surprised the kitchen section had as much in the way of canning supplies as it did.  The supply had been hit some, lots of open spaces, but still had a full range of sizes, though I did just about clean them out of lids.  I could have gotten four more dozen wide mouth quarts I'm sure and a couple dozen half gallons.  There were a few small mouth quart (cases of 12) and the pints were pretty well stocked.  I was pleasantly surprised to find any canning supplies....i was pretty sure I'd have to try Amazon, but this store had a lot more shelf space set aside for canning than I expected.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Kristin what are you hearing on the road?  Are you long haul or local?

I’m hearing good things. Everyone involved with truckers to make their living is trying all measures to be clean and ensure safety. My husband is rolling. There is a lot of demand for goods throughout the country. All is well. 

• Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I’m hearing good things. Everyone involved with truckers to make their living is trying all measures to be clean and ensure safety. My husband is rolling. There is a lot of demand for goods throughout the country. All is well. 

I'm glad to hear it....keep us posted.  Truckers get a heads up on a lot of stuff before the rest of us do :)   Stay out of Chicago, NY, Baltimore and LA if you can :)  and Deeeetroit too I imagine :)

Edit:  I'm making bets with myself as to whether Baltimore or Chicago will go up first.....so it'll probably be Podunk instead :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

@JostlerI will add that trucking is a 90%+ solitary profession. They don’t socialize during LONG working hours. Now they are staying in their trucks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kristin said:

@JostlerI will add that trucking is a 90%+ solitary profession. They don’t socialize during LONG working hours. Now they are staying in their trucks.

I guess the CB craze died with the internet?  :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m in SO CA to comfort my 82 year old mother 

my husband just left Miami and is headed to Chicago. I will keep you all posted from eyes on the ground, and in the more unsavory areas. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying! 2