vic66

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

We are asked to distance ourselves from others right now so we can stay well and safe. It is good judgment to do as the authorities are asking. Otherwise we are being rebellious. God does not want that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

40 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

.but I "tell" people my "confidence" is NOT in a mask, ...but in my God

I don't think anyone here is putting their faith in mask instead of God.  But I do not think that that means we throw caution to the wind. You wouldn't run out into the middle of the street just because you know that God will keep you safe?  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I don't think anyone here is putting their faith in mask instead of God.  But I do not think that that means we throw caution to the wind.

Dear sister, I wasn't talking about people here at Worthy, ...my reference to "here" was here in Tahiti.

I get all kind of strange looks because I walk around not wearing a mask, ...to me this "panic" is just what Father said He would do, "shake" the world one last time. I look at it as an excellent "time" to share the Gospel with the panicking "religious," Sunday go to church people here.

I personally believe the truth of this "virus" proves is it is man-made, and we can see it is being fueled by demonic intentions... 

Like I said, ...Father has made a promise to me, Psalms 91 and the "only" requirement to be "dwelling" in His "secret" place is to "believe" in Him.

Then said they unto Him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?  Jesus answered and said unto them, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him (Jesus) whom He (Father) hath sent." John 6:28-29

Beloved, ...John tells us that our Jesus is the written Word, the Logos:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

Since Psalms 91 is a part of the "written" Word, ...Logos, ...then we need to "believe" it just as much as we "believe" the rest of the Word, ...Father doesn't want His children to pick and chose what "we" want to believe, ...He wants us to "believe" ALL of what He has said.

May I humbly suggest you go to Father and ask Him if it's true, and let Him teach you, show you, hold you in His arms and let Him comfort you and Love on you...

Lord bless

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

There are strict rules about how the disease of leprosy is to be dealt with, the diseased person, the house, the garments.   Leviticus 13 and 14.  

We can praise the Lord that leprosy is no longer common, but the Bible provides insights about the serious way we are to treat diseases that are contagious.

Deuteronomy 24:8 
Take heed in the plague of leprosy, that thou observe diligently, and do according to all that the priests the Levites shall teach you: as I commanded them, so ye shall observe to do.

Following is from the National Institutes of Health about how many hours the virus stays in the air, how many days it lives on surfaces:

The virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine. The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The results provide key information about the stability of SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 disease, and suggests that people may acquire the virus through the air and after touching contaminated objects. The study information was widely shared during the past two weeks after the researchers placed the contents on a preprint server to quickly share their data with colleagues.

I am trusting the Lord to protect.   If we will all take precautions the hospitals will more likely to be able to keep up with the great numbers of sick.

Edited by Mary8
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

44 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I get all kind of strange looks because I walk around not wearing a mask,

I don't understand why you would put yourself in danger like that. Or other people in danger. I am getting so annoyed by people who are refusing to understand the seriousness of this situation.  They are putting everyone else at risk! We do everyday things in life to protect ourselves.  We lock our doors, we wear our seatbelts, we put candles out when we leave the house. Why is this situation any different than that?   Yes God protects his children. But he also expects his children to have sense.  God will protect me crossing the street. But that dose not mean that I should go lay down in the middle of it.  

I would really like to slap some sense into people right now. But I have to keep my social distancing. So I won't. :fryingpan:

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

28 minutes ago, Mary8 said:

We can praise the Lord that leprosy is no longer common, but the Bible provides insights about the serious way we are to treat diseases that are contagious.

Take heed in the plague of leprosy, that thou observe diligently, and do according to all that the priests the Levites shall teach you: as I commanded them, so ye shall observe to do.

Hi Mary, 

I do praise the Lord that diseases such as leprosy, polio, smallpox, and even childhood communicable ailments that can prove more than problematic later on have been curable for numerous years. Leprosy is not all that easily passed from person to person as once thought. 

But, we are facing a far more concerning situation with COVID-19. It's sweeping across the globe with no positive approach to a cure by any means soon. In historical times lepers were colonized and they still are in third world nations where it has gone untreated and overlooked. 

Is this the answer today? Gather up everyone infected as some right wing extremists proposed we do when the onslaught of AIDS exploded in the 1980's? I think this proves to be a poor solution at best, and would hate the idea of it to come to being. Coronavirus is far more contagious, but we shouldn't allow alarmism. 

Just my thoughts on the situation. Thanks for the allowance to speak out about it. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

By the way, if I made a mistake on what appeared to be the intent of your post, please overlook it. I'd also appreciate not being quoted on this from anyone else either. One scolding a day is more than plenty enough. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Mary8 said:

There are strict rules about how the disease of leprosy is to be dealt with, the diseased person, the house, the garments.   Leviticus 13 and 14.  

Following is from the National Institutes of Health about how many hours the virus stays in the air, how many days it lives on surfaces:

The virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine. The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The results provide key information about the stability of SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 disease, and suggests that people may acquire the virus through the air and after touching contaminated objects. The study information was widely shared during the past two weeks after the researchers placed the contents on a preprint server to quickly share their data with colleagues.

I am trusting the Lord to protect.   If we will all take precautions the hospitals will more likely to be able to keep up with the great numbers of sick.

Actually isolating  individuals (into leprosariums or on islands) didn't cross my mind regarding diseases like coronavirus.   Just that the Lord did place much in the law as to the observation by the priest, dealing with the contagion on the person, the home with signs of the disease, and the clothing.   I believe it reveals His love to the community and the person with some communicable diseases that there be guidelines, protective precautions.  The US only has about 160,000 ventilators and with over 300 million people and coronavirus being easily transmitted and so many in hospitals, we will help the sick if we take a few steps to slow the spread.   The medical personnel are asking us to help in this way.

Edited by Mary8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Run a Bible search of "leper" and "leprosy" and see all the results, and see if that's social distancing or not?

Leviticus 13:45 (KJV) And the leper in whom the plague is, his clothes shall be rent, and his head bare, and he shall put a covering upon his upper lip, and shall cry, Unclean, unclean.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dennis.  There were so many verses in Leviticus chapter 13 that I overlooked that most powerful one.   A covering on the upper lip would be a covering over the mouth, just like the masks.   So amazing and wonderful that He would help the people before germs were 'discovered.'

Edited by Mary8
  • Thumbs Up 1