• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

7 minutes ago, vic66 said:

but God does wont us to trust him by faith. for with out faith it is in possible to please him, Danial, Noah Samual, Gideon all showed what can happen when we trust God by faith even in difficult situations 

Trusting in Him by faith still does not mean one should purposefully expose themselves to extra risk. Daniel surviving the Lions' Den does not mean one should jump in themselves, regardless of faith.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

22 hours ago, Sower said:

He touched her hand...............sick in bed with a fever.

didn't run..................................because she had a fever

no scorning or distancing.........unclean out caste

didn't run from them............... not unsaved nonsense

That's cool Vic, sharing with us what Jesus has miraculously done.
You appear to suggest that as believers we should/could be doing the same.(assuming this is about the corona virus)
How is that working for you. Please share with us. 

God's blessings..

:thumbs_up:     As it should be today also.

the apostles john write if any is sick let them call for the for the elders of the church,   they should pray and they would recover.

THE TYPE OF SICKNESS WASN'T GIVEN WE ARE JUST COMMANDED TO PRAY AND TRUST GOD TO DO THE REST

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

12 minutes ago, Clipper said:

Trusting in Him by faith still does not mean one should purposefully expose themselves to extra risk. Daniel surviving the Lions' Den does not mean one should jump in themselves, regardless of faith.

how are you to lay hand on the sick, you must go to your members house and trust God by faith for them.

This is why it is important to live right so that your cover by the blood of Christ

The sons of Sceva were over taken by the devils because they tried to imitate Paul, but they had not the spirit of God

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

3 minutes ago, vic66 said:

how are you to lay hand on the sick, you must go to your members house and trust God by faith for them.

This is why it is important to live right so that your cover by the blood of Christ

The sons of Sceva were over taken by the devils because they tried to imitate Paul, but they had not the spirit of God

Well sure you could lay a hand on the sick, and try to help them, but it probably wouldn't be wise to do it without some protective gear and some medical training.

Having faith does not require one to expose themselves to unnecessary risks simply because faith will get them through it.

Even if you have faith, others don't. Don't potentially expose yourself to the virus for their sake. Even if you believe your faith will prevent you from getting sick, others don't have that faith, and you will put them at risk.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

39 minutes ago, vic66 said:

but God does wont us to trust him by faith. for with out faith it is in possible to please him, Danial, Noah Samual, Gideon all showed what can happen when we trust God by faith even in difficult situations 

Yes, but God gave us common sense and judgment and He wants us to use it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

You're right about social distancing being against the design of God.  The kingdom of God is a community of people who love God and each other, not isolated individuals.

In Luke 10 a "lawyer" asks "who is my neighbor" that I am commanded to love.  But he is really asking who we are not required to love.  Who is an outcast, enemy, or just so undesirable that we can rightfully shun him.  Surely we can't be required to love everyone.  What about the lepers of Christ's time in the flesh, or victims of Corona Virus or other illnesses today?

Jesus responds with the parable of the Good Samaritan.  The message is clear.  Everyone is your neighbor.  Love everyone.  Jesus also said love your enemies (Mat 5:44).  This is hard for us to do, but it is still what Jesus wants, and therefore the will of God.

In Jas 1 it says to consider temptations/trials to be a blessing that will strengthen you.  This is another hard but true statement.  It's hard for us to see things like Corona Virus as a blessing, but our willingness to love our neighbors in the face of such a challenge will show our faith to others and possibly draw them to Jesus.

Loving Jesus and serving him faithfully is simple to understand, but it isn't always easy to do.  It wasn't easy for him to die a tortuous, humiliating death on a cross for our sins.  What can we do to repay this great debt of owing our eternal lives to him.  There is nothing we have to do for salvation, except to ask for this free gift of salvation that Jesus alone completed in the finished work of the cross.  But what should we do?  Just do your best to love your neighbor.  You can be instrumental in saving lives, both in this life and the next simply by letting Jesus work through you.  We are instruments of God.  He doesn't need us to do his will.  He wants us.  After all we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, his own special people (1 Pet 2:9).  We are the Kingdom, and Jesus is the King of Kings.  It's a community effort.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, vic66 said:

We all understand and are aware of the scriptures you have referred to, Vic.
And we have read how you think about those who don't do as Jesus did.
Would you mind telling us how you do what you are telling us we should be doing.
I assume/hope the blood of Christ has been covering you in your ministering/helping them.
Let us know your methods you have used to help virus victims in your area.

Thanks.......

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Online forums aren't in my Bible. Yet here we are.

What is in my Bible is respecting the authorities - and that includes the secular ones - that God has placed over us.  

Edited by NotAllThere
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/24/2020 at 8:56 AM, Sower said:

you appear to suggest that as believers we should/could be doing the same.(assuming this is about the corona virus)
How is that working for you. Please share with us. 

Thats very interesting if we could be doing the same ???.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

6 hours ago, Sower said:
  7 hours ago, vic66 said:

Blessings vic....

You don't have to "live right" SO THAT you are covered by the Blood of Jesus,you "live right" BECAUSE you ARE covered by the Blood of Jesus......big difference my friend

Alot of people here seem to be all over the place....First & foremost we are Covered by the Precious BLood of the Lamb and because of that we have access to the THrone of Grace....we can boldly & confidently approach the THrone

What am I saying,I am saying we feed our spirits with Gods Word so we Know what we Know what we Know and because of that Holy Spirit Wisdom & Understanding we walk in Spirit(& in Truth) ALWAYS following Gods Guidance & Direction and seeking His Will for us(where He would have us to be).. & get Confirmation by His Word(always test the spirits)

Jesus Christ Made it Possible for us to have an Intimate & Personal Relationship with God Almighty,we cannot just take it upon ourselves to do what we think we should do because of one verse of Scripture,it does not work that way

Having said that,a couple of days ago my neighbors were outside(elderly couple-Christians).I have been abiding by govt instruction and physically distancing myself......They looked afraid,there words from across the parking lot confirmed that spirit of fear......my heart was Convicted immediately to do was Gods Word SAYS (you refered to laying on of hands) )

King James Version
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
MATT 18:19

Holy Spirit brought me to Matthew 18:19-I walked across the parking lot,stood behind them with my hand on her shoulder & said "Let is pray in Jesus Name"...I prayed,we all agreed(AMEN) and I went back from whence I came.....

So,you cannot tell others they should be going house to house because averse of Scripture says that is what the Apostles did.......as a matter of fact you cannot tell anyone to go & do something that may or may not be THEIR Assignment to do,the same way I'd NEVER suggest anyone do what I was lead to do because the Scripture SAys "Touch"! What we CAN do is Encourage others to stand on our Position of Victory,Praise God,pray ,worship,give Thanks ,Glory &,Honor & above all seek God that we be Blessed to BLESS

With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Well Said! 1