• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

2 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

This is just my take on this, but I dont' think in terms that there is necessarily a conflict between faith and common sense....we are to be led by the Spirit (and sometimes our common sense is being informed and led by Him)....if someone is being led by the Lord and truly is walking in faith then they just obey the Lord for themselves individually.  If someone doesn't truly have that kind of faith and they walk around as if there is no pandemic, then they are being presumptuous and could be endangering themselves and others.  Be it done unto us according to our FAITH....not everyone is given that measure of faith, or has yet grown in Christ enough to have faith on the same level that Jesus had it.  Or we might only have it at spontaneous times when He is moving.   It doesn't mean believers are condemned who aren't walking in that level of faith, but we need to just be honest with ourselves and not be presumptuous.

I have faith insofar that if believers gather in small groups for prayer and worship in each other's dwellings then I believe the Lord will cover those gatherings, as long as we pray and ASK Him to, in faith believing.  But otherwise I will just keep my distance from people when I need to run errands, and wash/sanitize my hands.  Unless the Lord LEADS me by His Spirit to do something otherwise.  But I fully believe that some can have the kind of faith to walk around freely without any precautions.   Just that they might want to keep in mind consideration for others, that if they get too close to unbelievers who are anxious about the virus, it might make them nervous.  We need to be sure we are being led by the Lord, and know the difference.

I don't think I'd change a word of this if I tried to describe my own choices in relation to social distancing and all the other control measures that are NECESSARY if this virus is going to be slowed down.

I personally believe I do have the kind of faith that will keep this plague from my house.  The thing is, if I happen to be wrong, I am not in the least afraid of going home.  In many ways that would be a relief.  I am in the Lord's hands either way.  I am not scared by this thing at all. 

But i do think it is arrogant and foolish to demand that all others walk as I choose to, not knowing where THEY stand in their walk.  I will respect social distancing for the sake of others, I have no desire to provoke fear in those who are fearful by failing to respect THEIR choice to wear PPE or self-isolate or keep their distance in public. 

We live in a fallen world, and if I leave it I know where I am going.  I would hate to discover i passed something on to someone who does not know Him yet...or even to a Christian who has not come to a place where they know how to trust Him for their health. 

I just had a friend over for lunch yesterday.  But that was by agreement because he and I both know and understand and have confidence in the Lord's power to protect.  We shook hands and hugged :)  He is a precious brother of mine that has no home of his own, with whom I fellowship and am strengthened by on a regular basis.  He usually comes by every week or so and we agreed to continue (and both felt completely comfortable doing so).

I also try to be alert to that inward witness of the Spirit and a commitment to obey Him moment by moment.  If He leads me to do anything I'm just going to do it no matter what previous choices I've made are overridden.  In the meantime I choose to try to be respectful of other's choices and not risk endangering them, or increasing fears in those who are already fearful.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

I copied something published by the Ohio health department in regards to the flu. Yes, the normal flu that has unfortunately been around a while. You will see basically the same common sense things that need to be done for the present virus. Common sense things. In America, we are responding in fear and hiding, failing to live our lives. Take precautions, yes. but stop the insanity. Look at statistics. I used Ohio because LadyKay said she was from Ohio. In Ohio this year there have been 209 deaths from auto accidents, but no one has stopped driving. Since October 2019 there are a total of estimated deaths due to the flu in the USA of 23,000 to 59,000 deaths. There have been estimated cases of the flu of 38,000,000 with 390,000 at a minimum being hospitalized. Yet no one hides in their home from the flu. They take common sense precautions. This is what is needed now!

The groups most at risk of the flu are older adults, very young children, pregnant women and those with certain chronic medical conditions, according to the CDC.

According to the CDC, symptoms of the flu include:

• Fever or feeling feverish/chills (though not everyone with flu will have a fever)
  • Cough
  • Sore throat
  • Runny or stuffy nose
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headaches
  • Fatigue
  • Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.

The flu is a highly contagious illness, which is why the CDC urges everyone to take the following steps to protect themselves and others:

• Take time to get a flu shot: While there are many different flu viruses, a flu vaccine protects against the viruses that research suggests will be most common. The CDC says it's not too late to get this year's vaccine.
  • Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
  • While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
  • If you are sick with flu symptoms, you should stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
  • Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
  • Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs such as the flu.
  • Take flu antiviral drugs if your doctor prescribes them.
  • Well Said! 3

Some are slower in adjusting to reality than others. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 4:11 PM, LadyKay said:

There are people who are saying that if you social distance yourself, or wear a mask. That you are not putting your trust in God.  I am here to tell your. Stop listening to fools!  If you ignore the advice of the health care people. You going to run the risk of spreading  Covid-19 to others as well as yourself. There is no sin in protecting one's self from danger! You are not sinning if you wash your hands. You are not sinning if you distance yourself from others while this pandemic is going on!  God gave each of us common sense and he expects us to use it!  So do not listen to these fools who try to question your faith just because you have the good sense that God gave you to protect yourself from danger! 

Am I mad? Yes I am mad! I am mad because if people don't take precautions this virus  is going to spread. As of right now as I write this, there is 51,825 confirmed cases in the US. With 670 deaths. In my state of Ohio right now there is 564 with 8 deaths. And we are just getting started! 

So wash your hands, distance yourself from others, stay home if you are feeling sick and all that other stuff that the health people are telling you to do. And do not listen to fools trying to bring your trust in God into question just because you are you are using the sense that God gave you and protecting yourself and others!

:soapbox::soapbox:

Actually, Leviticus has a lot to say about quarantining God's people so they are not exposed to  infectious diseases.

Good advice  . . .

• Thumbs Up 3

The ones who are virtue signalling their own great faith from selfish arrogant motives just may find themselves in for a very rude humbling.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

First the mask..you know it does not protect you right? That mask protects others from you.  If your faith is in not getting close to others and wearing some mask, washing your hands almost none stop. Great! Praise God. Those that walk by faith.. never call them fools. No one here said it like this :) There are Churches today still having Church where around them people getting sick..yet they have not. 

Also want to say a the word makes it clear I am not here to please man. Not here to touch how what you personally believe. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. What I am not hearing is about those that had this virus and really sick.. prayed for and instantly healed. No clue what others have been watching nor listening to.

One has to work your faith. I have always since I was young stood on His word. 12 or so "nothing shall by any means hurt you". haha  man I used that so much. Fear the best one. I say NO God has not given me the spirit of fear but power and love and a sound mind. I then speak the PEACE He gave me.. not of this world. I put on HIS armor.. on and on. Fact.. my wife still every year gets the flu shot. PRAISE GOD! I know WHERE her faith is.  Me? Never got one. Yes.. sure I had the flu at some point but as God as my witness I can't remember the last time I got it. I can remember so many times my had got it. Things hit me as they do any one else. I know in WHOM I believe in. I know WHO I am in Christ Jesus. I know what HIS word says. I don't watch what happens around me and then let that move me.

I KNOW how DOUBT effects GOD..its stops Him. For let not that man think he will get anything from God. So if I doubt ..as that town did when Jesus that never changes.. then all He could do is lay hands on a few and teach. And Christ marveled at their unbelief.

See "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.” "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

I can keep going. Give me a doubt.. I will give tell you what HE said. See it took time. In the middle of fear or pain and suffering. I stand on His word. With tears and MANY MANY tears.. I still stand on His word. I praise Him rejoice in the mist of all that..giving Him glory and praise. And around me man can be saying all kind of things. No matter what it LOOKS LIKE SOUNDS LIKE. I stand on His word. And I didn't get this from any GROUP. Since I was like 12... you read the bible don't verses just pop out at you? Man I circled SO MANY of them. Had to ask this woman that had a bible study.. I was young.. I didn't know why. She said "thats the lord talking to you". That word is ALIVE!

So don't believe me .. YES! Praise GOD you shouldn't. Just read that bible.. Is it His word? Can He lie? Don't look at things happening around you. What does HIS word say? Like when I pray for others "what can you believe" Peter and John what was in them that is no in you? And that man they prayed for? He looked at them EXPECTING TO RECEIVE SOMETHING. Did ya notice they never had to ask GOD JESUS if it be your will.. nothing. Just FAITH IN THAT NAME!

So.. if you believe a common practice (HELLO) we all should do.. keeping clean and not touching others and in shaking hands and wearing  a mask will keep you safe. That is faith. Some can go deeper are stronger in the faith.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, TheBlade said:

First the mask..you know it does not protect you right? That mask protects others from you.  If your faith is in not getting close to others and wearing some mask, washing your hands almost none stop. Great! Praise God. Those that walk by faith.. never call them fools. No one here said it like this :) There are Churches today still having Church where around them people getting sick..yet they have not. 

Also want to say a the word makes it clear I am not here to please man. Not here to touch how what you personally believe. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. What I am not hearing is about those that had this virus and really sick.. prayed for and instantly healed. No clue what others have been watching nor listening to.

One has to work your faith. I have always since I was young stood on His word. 12 or so "nothing shall by any means hurt you". haha  man I used that so much. Fear the best one. I say NO God has not given me the spirit of fear but power and love and a sound mind. I then speak the PEACE He gave me.. not of this world. I put on HIS armor.. on and on. Fact.. my wife still every year gets the flu shot. PRAISE GOD! I know WHERE her faith is.  Me? Never got one. Yes.. sure I had the flu at some point but as God as my witness I can't remember the last time I got it. I can remember so many times my had got it. Things hit me as they do any one else. I know in WHOM I believe in. I know WHO I am in Christ Jesus. I know what HIS word says. I don't watch what happens around me and then let that move me.

I KNOW how DOUBT effects GOD..its stops Him. For let not that man think he will get anything from God. So if I doubt ..as that town did when Jesus that never changes.. then all He could do is lay hands on a few and teach. And Christ marveled at their unbelief.

See "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.” "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

I can keep going. Give me a doubt.. I will give tell you what HE said. See it took time. In the middle of fear or pain and suffering. I stand on His word. With tears and MANY MANY tears.. I still stand on His word. I praise Him rejoice in the mist of all that..giving Him glory and praise. And around me man can be saying all kind of things. No matter what it LOOKS LIKE SOUNDS LIKE. I stand on His word. And I didn't get this from any GROUP. Since I was like 12... you read the bible don't verses just pop out at you? Man I circled SO MANY of them. Had to ask this woman that had a bible study.. I was young.. I didn't know why. She said "thats the lord talking to you". That word is ALIVE!

So don't believe me .. YES! Praise GOD you shouldn't. Just read that bible.. Is it His word? Can He lie? Don't look at things happening around you. What does HIS word say? Like when I pray for others "what can you believe" Peter and John what was in them that is no in you? And that man they prayed for? He looked at them EXPECTING TO RECEIVE SOMETHING. Did ya notice they never had to ask GOD JESUS if it be your will.. nothing. Just FAITH IN THAT NAME!

So.. if you believe a common practice (HELLO) we all should do.. keeping clean and not touching others and in shaking hands and wearing  a mask will keep you safe. That is faith. Some can go deeper are stronger in the faith.

Paul told Timothy To “ take some wine” for his stomach problems......according to the logic of many confused Believers, Paul was in error - he passed up a Golden Opportunity to chide Timothy over his “ weak faith”.......

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 3/24/2020 at 4:11 PM, LadyKay said:

There are people who are saying that if you social distance yourself, or wear a mask. That you are not putting your trust in God.  I am here to tell your. Stop listening to fools!  If you ignore the advice of the health care people. You going to run the risk of spreading  Covid-19 to others as well as yourself. There is no sin in protecting one's self from danger! You are not sinning if you wash your hands. You are not sinning if you distance yourself from others while this pandemic is going on!  God gave each of us common sense and he expects us to use it!  So do not listen to these fools who try to question your faith just because you have the good sense that God gave you to protect yourself from danger! 

Am I mad? Yes I am mad! I am mad because if people don't take precautions this virus  is going to spread. As of right now as I write this, there is 51,825 confirmed cases in the US. With 670 deaths. In my state of Ohio right now there is 564 with 8 deaths. And we are just getting started! 

So wash your hands, distance yourself from others, stay home if you are feeling sick and all that other stuff that the health people are telling you to do. And do not listen to fools trying to bring your trust in God into question just because you are you are using the sense that God gave you and protecting yourself and others!

:soapbox::soapbox:

Let's look at an well known example of social distancing in the bible.   Leprosy is a disease that social distancing was commanded for. 

Numbers 5:2
English Standard Version
2 “Command the people of Israel that they put out of the camp everyone who is leprous  or has ja discharge and everyone who is kunclean through contact with the dead.

Deuteronomy 24:8
8 In cases of defiling skin diseases, be very careful to do exactly as the Levitical priests instruct you. You must follow carefully what I have commanded them.

Leviticus 13:45-46 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
45 “The leper who has the disease shall wear torn clothes and let the hair of his head hang loose, and he shall cover his upper lip and cry, ‘Unclean, unclean.’ 46 He shall remain unclean as long as he has the disease; he is unclean; he shall dwell alone in a habitation outside the camp.

"The disease was considered so revolting that the leper wasn’t permitted to come within 150 feet of anyone when the wind was blowing. Lepers lived in a community with other lepers until they either got better or died. This was the only way the people knew to contain the spread of the contagious forms of leprosy."

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-leprosy.html

There are cases of shunning in the Bible too. 

1 Corinthians 5 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

5 It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and of a kind that is not found even among pagans; for a man is living with his father’s wife.  2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

As by Dad use to say, "God never command anyone to be Stupid."  ---  this is only a saying, not for anyone to be offended.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

12 hours ago, Jostler said:

I don't think I'd change a word of this if I tried to describe my own choices in relation to social distancing and all the other control measures that are NECESSARY if this virus is going to be slowed down.

I personally believe I do have the kind of faith that will keep this plague from my house.  The thing is, if I happen to be wrong, I am not in the least afraid of going home.  In many ways that would be a relief.  I am in the Lord's hands either way.  I am not scared by this thing at all. 

But i do think it is arrogant and foolish to demand that all others walk as I choose to, not knowing where THEY stand in their walk.  I will respect social distancing for the sake of others, I have no desire to provoke fear in those who are fearful by failing to respect THEIR choice to wear PPE or self-isolate or keep their distance in public. 

We live in a fallen world, and if I leave it I know where I am going.  I would hate to discover i passed something on to someone who does not know Him yet...or even to a Christian who has not come to a place where they know how to trust Him for their health. 

I just had a friend over for lunch yesterday.  But that was by agreement because he and I both know and understand and have confidence in the Lord's power to protect.  We shook hands and hugged :)  He is a precious brother of mine that has no home of his own, with whom I fellowship and am strengthened by on a regular basis.  He usually comes by every week or so and we agreed to continue (and both felt completely comfortable doing so).

I also try to be alert to that inward witness of the Spirit and a commitment to obey Him moment by moment.  If He leads me to do anything I'm just going to do it no matter what previous choices I've made are overridden.  In the meantime I choose to try to be respectful of other's choices and not risk endangering them, or increasing fears in those who are already fearful.

And, passing it onto others to get them sick with it?   Is that a sin?   Is it showing love for your neighbor?