• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  5

50 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

This is not a first shaking to get  God's elect awakened. God has been shaking his own since at least  the time He called  out Adam, through to when He called out Moses starting a great Exodus when He prepared His elect for a near forty year  travail after 400 years of captivity. He also called out His own of the church of Jesus  as soon as Jesus' church was formed. When most Christians were still slaves they went about helping the sick in the great plague  of 254+- AD, when while others were afraid and fleeing, Christians stepped up to help those others and to share the gospel of Jesus, many dying in the process, but each most quite willing to die in the flesh  to promote the gospel of Jesus and be kind to others. God has known His own from before the beginning He has given each to His Son Jesus who has not an dwill no tlose a one fo rHe is a mighty warrior and is faithful to do His father's will.

The entirety of the Bible is a calling out by God  giving the reveal of Jesus our Lord God and personal savior to all that believe on Him as Lord when called to see that  truth by the Holy Spirit.

How many had faith to actually enter the Promised Land (of rest)?  Have you ever wondered what Jesus meant when He said many are called, few are chosen? ...and how the five unwise virgins could not enter the wedding feast?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Yep that it does.

I suspect that the feeling of negativity will remain for any who are satisfied with the way things are at present.

But when a man or woman gets hungry  enough, and dissatisfied with what he already knows, and tired of accepting that there really is no way to walk without always ending up disobeying the Lord, the negative feel of the truth of the new man will miraculously be changed into hope that victory really is possible in this life.

blessings to you, 

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

How many had faith to actually enter the Promised Land (of rest)?  Have you ever wondered what Jesus meant when He said many are called, few are chosen? ...and how the five unwise virgins could not enter the wedding feast?

God chooses by His own will, to accept and keep everyone who will "believe on the Lord" by faith. So, that is as many as will.....no exceptions.

Or as the bumper sticker says......."if YOU take CHRIST........God TAKES YOU".    "No Exceptions".

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

This is not a first shaking to get  God's elect awakened. God has been shaking his own since at least  the time He called  out Adam, through to when He called out Moses starting a great Exodus when He prepared His elect for a near forty year  travail after 400 years of captivity. He also called out His own of the church of Jesus  as soon as Jesus' church was formed. When most Christians were still slaves they went about helping the sick in the great plague  of 254+- AD, when while others were afraid and fleeing, Christians stepped up to help those others and to share the gospel of Jesus, many dying in the process, but each most quite willing to die in the flesh  to promote the gospel of Jesus and be kind to others. God has known His own from before the beginning He has given each to His Son Jesus who has not an dwill no tlose a one fo rHe is a mighty warrior and is faithful to do His father's will.

The entirety of the Bible is a calling out by God  giving the reveal of Jesus our Lord God and personal savior to all that believe on Him as Lord when called to see that  truth by the Holy Spirit.

I agree. God has always tried to call to us. But we are explicitly told that near the very end, everything that can be shaken WILL be shaken. More are coming. I pray men do not assume this is just another of God's ways to draw the lost to Him. Shakings are far more for His own sleeping saints, who have forgotten they are not of this world and are to walk as sojourners. 

We have all been guilty of blindness here. Myself for sure. The question...... will we make excuses for ignoring God's call in the shaking, reasoning that things have always been this way? Or, will we hear the still, small voice of the Spirit within us, calling us to come up higher? 

Know this. In the end, nothing of the old US will remain. Only Christ in us. We can either respond to the truth and reckon our old man as dead and put on our new nature now, or we can go back to sleep and wait for the next shaking. Going back to sleep is like the ostrich. Out of sight, out of mind. But there is no safety there. 

It is time we run INTO the name of the Lord, for it alone is the strong and mighty tower where we will find safety.... and rest.....and joy.....and victory.

The question before each one of us is.... do I want that if the cost is ALL my pearls?

blessings to you, Neighbor

Gideon

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,928
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Only two that started out and many of those born during the time in the wilderness.

All are called generally by the Holy Spirit, no one has excuse; yet few are chosen i the specific call to them, those foreknown, predestined by God from before the beginning. Each to be shepherded by the Good Shepherd that laid down His life for His sheep.

The parable of the five unwise is an example, a parable of comparison illustrating that the unwary do not hear nor see and certainly do not act upon God's command and will to obey.  -" Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of the things that they do in secret. But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, 

"Awake, O sleeper,
and arise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. -From Ephesians 
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,928
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I suspect that the feeling of negativity will remain for any who are satisfied with the way things are at present.

I can only state that  is an errant conclusion,  a flly, and leave it at that. To continue would risk becoming a vain argument.  I leave it that I disagree. Others can conlude for themselves fro their own studies and prayers.

30 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Blessed by your testimony brother...and testimonies are powerful.  May I ask what scriptures has the Lord used to confirm these things to you.....I know He may use different passages to speak to different people, but it seems He has been showing me this through the wilderness journey of the Israelites....there is a second baptism as it were to enter the promised land of rest from our labours (self-effort).  We need to cross not only the Red Sea but the Jordan as well.  Jesus baptizing not only with water but with fire.  It seems that a few Calebs and Joshuas cross over the 'Jordan' very quickly after coming to faith in Christ (Red Sea crossing), but most of us take a lot longer of wandering around and around the mountain of Laws that slay us (as it should). 

Wow! An opportunity to type a lot! LOL. 

You hit a great one found in the types and shadows found in old testament. The Exodus. God's people delivered from the fleshpots of Egypt, offered the promise land of rest, but fear and unbelief keeping them out. The journey from Egypt to Canaan was a three week journey. Yes, a time period is determined once a man is saved till he sees he needs God to live in Him, not with him, for him to find true rest and victory. 

But how long did it take the Israelites? Forty years. Forty years of ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Running religious laps in the wilderness. Sometimes going innthe right direction. Other times, going backwards. But never arriving. 

What had to happen in order for God's people to cross over? Unbelief had to die. We are at rhat point, dear brother. God is awakening us to the truth of His promises. We have turned the promises into wonderful songs. We have made motivational posters of them. But we have never believed them for our own walks, amen?

All that is changing. Jesus is damming up the waters of the Jordan that would keep us out. What we are about to  see, to be a part of, is the second great outpouring, the latter rain. And listen, we are told that the latter will be greater than the former. Wow! 

And as we enter the land, God tells us that the victory is already ours, but that we are going to have to fight to take it. This is our good fight of faith we must wage. Knowing we are already victors, we stand as such, and the trials of our faith are blessings, not to be feared. And when temptations come.... and they will.... we can actually count it all joy, which is a miracle in itself.  Why, because we know the God who promised He will make a way of escape..... every time.

If victory is assured, some will reason that sinning is thus impossible. If the walls of mighty Jericho could not withstand us, who can stand against us to defeat us. sinning is impossible now, right?  Remember Ai? Little Ai? Sin still is possible here in the land of promise. Victory is sure.... IF we hold up our shields of faith. But we are called to become  established in that faith. How? We use the temptations satan throws at us, and our overcoming them, as stepping stones to greater faith! Glory! 

I hope this helps. Another couple of great types and shadows? Gideon and Samson. I do not want to bore any to death, but will tackle these if you like. 

As to hard scriptures, the last part of Ezekiel 36 is a gold mine of truth.... our truth if we will receive it. 

blessings, 

Gids

15 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I can only state that  is an errant conclusion,  a flly, and leave it at that. To continue would risk becoming a vain argument.  I leave it that I disagree. Others can conlude for themselves fro their own studies and prayers.

That is a gracious answer. God does not want us arguing for it accomplishes nothing. I will keep you in my prayers and humbly ask you do the same for me, and that atcsome point we can walk together in agreement. 

blessings to you, dear brother

Gideon

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

LOL, I could write twice as many words if I didn't have to spend most of my time going back correcting  the multitude of errors.

there are several text to speech programs for a pc and Siri seems to do a decent job on an apple iphone if its spelling or typo's       I personally use Dragon Speaking.

25 minutes ago, other one said:

there are several text to speech programs for a pc and Siri seems to do a decent job on an apple iphone if its spelling or typo's       I personally use Dragon Speaking.

Thank you so much. I am beginning  to write a book God has asked me to write but dread the typing. This would make it so much easier. 

blessings,

Gids