warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Over the years, I have listened to some really good sermons and lectures from some preachers that really got the message across to convict, to educate and appreciate Gods word.

Which or who are those that have been a blessing to you.  I will name a few that come to mind.

Charles Stanely   ---- Was the first preacher that I listened to over and over again when I got saved and was going through the terrible ordeals.

Adrian Rogers     ---- Such a powerful voice and sure can captivate you to not miss a word.

R.C Sproul            ---- He just had you thinking about what he just said.

Voddie Bucham   ----  This man is fearless in his sermons and steps on toes, but a truth teller in times of the freedom movement.

Billy Graham and his son  Franklin Graham preaches at it is. 

There are many more, but those are the popular ones that come to mind.    

I listen to "Sermon Audio" where there are hundreds if not thousands of sermons by many pastors , mostly Baptist though.

Who are some of yours ?.

Edit :  Don't know how I did not list John McArthur.   I know many do no like his messages, but I do.  Some of his sermons are from way back and may sound outdated, but on the essentials, he is on the money.   He made one statement that was very controversial in that one can take the mark of the beast and still be saved.  I only heard a short clip of that video so cannot say what context it was in.  The man has been solid in all the years he has been at the pulpit.   He has made so called enemies with the Pentecostals with his "stange fire" conference, but he explained why on some you tube videos .   He does not  believe on the speaking of tongues as it has ceased, so again many would not agree with him.  Each has to make his call . 

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

Just now, warrior12 said:

Who are some of yours ?.

I Will add a few here, 

From the past (Now deceased) 

A.W. Tozer- He was not the most eloquent speaker but a great writer. His Counterpart Leonard Ravenhill was a gifted Speaker, an Ok Writer. They are my 1 and 2

David Wilkerson: Powerful Holy Spirit filled Preaching, was not afraid to say anything. 

Dave Hunt: Great Speaker and Great writer, and great apologist. 

I Would say these are my top 4 deceased preachers.

Still Preaching:

Carter Conlon, Ravi Zacharias, Charles Lawson, Andrew Farley. All four are unique, Zacharias is more intellectual, Lawson More traditional, and Farley and Conlon more contemporary in style and approach.

There are others of course that I like, But these four are consistently Good.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

47 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

A.W. Tozer- He was not the most eloquent speaker but a great writer. His Counterpart Leonard Ravenhill was a gifted Speaker, an Ok Writer. They are my 1 and 2

David Wilkerson: Powerful Holy Spirit filled Preaching, was not afraid to say anything. 

Dave Hunt: Great Speaker and Great writer, and great apologist. 

I Would say these are my top 4 deceased preachers.

I am familiar with those listed .  Not heard many of their sermons, but some.   A.W.  Tozer wrote some penetrating books and short writings.  One I really like is " The world:Playground or Battleground ".

Dave Hunt, famous for the video "A woman rides the beast".   That video was really done well.   Just type those quoted words in the youtube search box and take a look at the video.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Which Preacher Has Impacted You The Most

You wouldn't know him, but it was my first pastor, in my only church home.
The most important lesson I learned from him, by his example,  was to have that  desire to share the gospel. Anywhere-anytime!
He took me on my first 'visitation' where I saw a young mother, in her home hearing the word of God, the gospel, for the first time,
and in a few hours, saw her demeanor change, crying, and I was privileged to witnessed the birth of a 'child'
I couldn't understand what took me 30+ yrs to learn/believe, she did in one evening. But has happened, and is happening.
"I have not silver, I have not gold, but I do have some very 'good news' I give freely".
The season we're in has disturbed the 'soil', and made it ready for sowing seed.
Bring those sheaves!  A simple unknown, by his example, impacted me the most.

For the better known, Mister/Brother  J Vernon McGee  ( through the bible-fellow Texan:)

• Thumbs Up 2

The Bible Bus  man.  Yes, he is on the radio here with his commentary of Tru the Bible radio program.   I catch him when he is on, but not to often.   Don't know much of his biography though. Must lookup that.

Another one I like to read is RAY STEADMAN.  He writes in a way that keeps you wanting to read more. He has passed on long time ago, as I hear Chuck Swindoll, who I listen to most mornings mention as his mentor, so he must be from a way back.  

I'll mention two more that come to mind and third I want to but his name is not coming to memory, hard as I try.

John Bunyan.   I have mentioned his name many times here before and will continue to do so.   He writes is a way that makes you feel like you are there at the                              scene. Astounding, is what I would say about him.

Watchman Nee.   He was a Chinese writer that wrote some very inspirational writing as I see it.   Some see him as misleading or false teacher, but I don't. 

He wrote a book titled "The spiritual man", which is not an easy read . It explains the composition of man and how each part interact with                                     each other, namely, the soul, the body and the spirit.  There is two volumes that is written to explain those three parts of man .  As I have                                      battles or engage in spiritual warfare, I can relate to things he speaks of.   I have to reread that book again as it has been a long time since I                                    read it.

Albert Mohler     I have not heard a whole lot of his preaching, but the few I heard , I like.  That was the third, I was trying to remember.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Dr. Charles Stanley

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

Les Feldick......Zola Levitt ......Joseph Prince.....Andrew Farley.......Gene Scott....Charles Stanley.......Renee Roland...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Watchman Nee

David Pawson

David Wilkerson

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Charles Haddon Spurgeon, the prince of pastors.

John Calvin

Martin Luther