Brother J

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I haft to admit this site is nothing short of a stroke of genius, I want to publicly apologize to all who see me or my presence on the web . I was watching a YouTube video today and this woman harshly put that if you can't focus on one thing you will get nothing done. Which is a lie because our body pumps blood into more than one organ and they all function at once, if you went to school you took more than one class before school got out each day, if you have a mortgage I'm sure you can also juggle a car note and swing a grocery bill, maybe utilities if your lucky.

My point is, God would have us to speak gracefully to one another even people who are ignorant of such a combination of words such as speak gracefully. I felt nasty on the inside for watching her talk because she began the video with the lie if you try to do more than one career at once you will never be good at one of them. 

Barba of the shark tank was a waitress while building a million dollar company, as you can see what such nasty words can trigger in the mind of human even a born again believer. Seeking every bit of evidence I can pull together to make her a liar and a heretic. I wasn't doing it on purpose but more so defending by belief and hope in my ability to accomplish my goals. 

I seen many people do this to me, even when I rightly defend the bible they will try to throw every nasty and hurtful comment at you they can think of. Some will even find even more harsh ways to put it because their hearts are feeling attacked. 

Many often feel like they should say whatever they want to say and people should not be so shallow, but a person with understanding can get through to anyone when they use words of edification and not words from their heart. I used to be in that category because we are wrong for being offended the bible says love is not easily irritated, so in short if you get offended it is a personal issue inside of your brain and it is no one else's responsibility. 

But if we all learned to speak in a way that edifies instead of learning to insult people and win debates, I think it impossible to offend people even when you speak on their flaws. 

Galatians 5:16

“This I say then, Walke in the spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”

1611 King James Version (KJV)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

One of Fenelon's  chapter titles is "Only Imperfection is intolerant of Imperfection".  Another is "Sensitivity to Reproof is the Surest Sign that we Need It"  Both of these deal with a person's pride.  When our pride is gone and we live in humility we are no longer sensitive.  We are no longer defensive. Nor are we judgmental about a person's temptations or failings.  We have gained compassion.  

A person with compassion can speak from the heart and with edification because love is in his heart.  He can be gentle and with compassionate love tell the truth.  Telling the truth should be never be hurtful from self righteousness or from being judgmental or condemning.  Most often the latter is because we have logs in our our own eyes.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Brother J said:

I haft to admit this site is nothing short of a stroke of genius, I want to publicly apologize to all who see me or my presence on the web . I was watching a YouTube video today and this woman harshly put that if you can't focus on one thing you will get nothing done. Which is a lie because our body pumps blood into more than one organ and they all function at once, if you went to school you took more than one class before school got out each day, if you have a mortgage I'm sure you can also juggle a car note and swing a grocery bill, maybe utilities if your lucky.

My point is, God would have us to speak gracefully to one another even people who are ignorant of such a combination of words such as speak gracefully. I felt nasty on the inside for watching her talk because she began the video with the lie if you try to do more than one career at once you will never be good at one of them. 

Barba of the shark tank was a waitress while building a million dollar company, as you can see what such nasty words can trigger in the mind of human even a born again believer. Seeking every bit of evidence I can pull together to make her a liar and a heretic. I wasn't doing it on purpose but more so defending by belief and hope in my ability to accomplish my goals. 

I seen many people do this to me, even when I rightly defend the bible they will try to throw every nasty and hurtful comment at you they can think of. Some will even find even more harsh ways to put it because their hearts are feeling attacked. 

Many often feel like they should say whatever they want to say and people should not be so shallow, but a person with understanding can get through to anyone when they use words of edification and not words from their heart. I used to be in that category because we are wrong for being offended the bible says love is not easily irritated, so in short if you get offended it is a personal issue inside of your brain and it is no one else's responsibility. 

But if we all learned to speak in a way that edifies instead of learning to insult people and win debates, I think it impossible to offend people even when you speak on their flaws. 

Galatians 5:16

“This I say then, Walke in the spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”

1611 King James Version (KJV)

If a person is posting false doctrine I will be very clear to tell them that I do not support their theology. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

We can’t let false doctrines or ugly speech deter us. We stand tall and graceful brother. That is us. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

“ Is there a Godly Way to offend people”.......Christians offend all the time— “The preaching of the Cross is an offense to the World”....... “ The Gospel is foolishness to those that perish”.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

“Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?

“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

“Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

“But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”—

‘then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition.

“Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And
[fn] honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.

And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching
as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand:

“Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”

But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

“Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Jesus kinda had a way with words.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I would say that simply speaking the truth with as much of an unbiased attitude will be enough to offend. People want to be in control, and truth tends to take away that control

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/3/2020 at 12:14 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ Is there a Godly Way to offend people”.......Christians offend all the time— “The preaching of the Cross is an offense to the World”....... “ The Gospel is foolishness to those that perish”.....

That God requires His own BLOOD to pay for our sin, is a very very offensive fact if you consider it from a human perspective.   The world finds this to be obscene, and unbelievable,  and they reject it and try instead to find God by self effort.

Yet, Jesus, who is God, had to DIE so that we can have Eternal Life, which is IN the Blood of Jesus.

This  eternal reality of being "bought with the Blood of God,  is actually the most beautiful situation that God ever offers a human.

"no greater love then to lay down your life for a friend", or in God's case, Jesus shed his own blood for even His enemies.

Edited by Behold

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

We are admonished to correct error “in humility” (2 Timothy 2:24-26). Nevertheless, whether or not someone 'takes' offence is entirely within their power – and therefore ultimately their responsibility. Many were offended at Jesus when He spoke truth in love. We can't control who is offended, only our own attitude before God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Jesus is love, did he offend anyone?