• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

Hi F_Ivan,

First off: What Frances says is basically right.

But Instead you should say outloud: "the devil is a liar"

Understand those type of thoughts are told to you by fallen Angels.

So simply identify the thought for what it is.

Next: To blaspheme the HolySpirit means to speak out against what God is doing. Since you have it in your heart *NOT* to do that, you won't. I have a verse for you...

"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight." (1 John 3:20-22)

Be well in Jesus name

Ed J

Edited by Ed J
Grammar
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.91
  • Days Won:  64

Lots of people gave good advice.  Praying for you Ivan.  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 4/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, F_Ivan said:

Hello,

I was watching a sermon from Hardcore Christianity about anxiety and my day was going okay until someone brought up the topic of the unpardonable sin/blaspheming the spirit. Then fear started entering me and I started getting the you know what blasphemous thoughts, I was rebuking the thoughts telling them begone satan in the name of Jesus. and I accidentally thought of the HS when saying the devils name. thats not the worst part though the worst part i was brooding over the thoughts sometimes zoning out afterwards due to being lazy and in a terrible mood and feeling condemned and anxious. Is that reason to worry? Of course I have no desire to blaspheme the spirit or god and no malicious intent. but im worried i really blew it this time by dwelling on such negative thoughts.

The unpardonable sin is to reject Jesus as Savior! I know for Jesus says in the passage "There is ONE thing that cannot be amended in the next world."

Put differently, almost ANYONE who worries about the unpardonable sin has NOT done it. TRUST JESUS for salvation today! A ONE TIME decision!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.91
  • Days Won:  64

Praying for you Ivan.  

The person I spoke about before with OCD does take some medication.  It has not helped, that she notices, but some are relieved by some of the medications out there now.  

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

On 4/5/2020 at 1:57 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Friend, ...I can assure you, ...if you have/had committed the unpardonable sin, ...you wouldn't be worried about it, ...you wouldn't be here on a Christian forum talking about it!

:amen:I believe,F_Ivan that you KNOW exactly what you need to do yet you are looking for Gods Blessed Assurance because you do not FEEL it......it;s not about"feelings" my friend-the enemy has gotten a foothold,kick em to the curb In Jesus Mighty Name and put Gods Full Armor on......those little constant LIES will eat away at you & keep you DOWN....

Get up,stand up,remember the POSITION of VICTORY    Jesus,Jesus,Jesus,go back to the foot of the cross and be reminded why HE was there &,it wasn't nails that kept Him there- it was that HE was Looking at YOUR face,your heart-LOVE

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120

On 4/8/2020 at 1:15 PM, kwikphilly said:

:amen:I believe,F_Ivan that you KNOW exactly what you need to do yet you are looking for Gods Blessed Assurance because you do not FEEL it......it;s not about"feelings" my friend-the enemy has gotten a foothold,kick em to the curb In Jesus Mighty Name and put Gods Full Armor on......those little constant LIES will eat away at you & keep you DOWN....

Get up,stand up,remember the POSITION of VICTORY    Jesus,Jesus,Jesus,go back to the foot of the cross and be reminded why HE was there &,it wasn't nails that kept Him there- it was that HE was Looking at YOUR face,your heart-LOVE

Thank you. I do know what to do I think, yeah Im really looking for the assurance but the more I try to look for it with my mind the less I have it. Today was awful, the constant self doubt at every turn (Do you REALLY not want to blaspheme?) and I feel like my mind demons are trying to make me consider blasphemy but trying to make me introspect so hard I concentrate on it. It's scary. I know deep down in my heart I dont want to blaspheme God and id never be okay with it.

• Praying! 1

8 hours ago, F_Ivan said:

Thank you. I do know what to do I think, yeah Im really looking for the assurance but the more I try to look for it with my mind the less I have it.

I understand Brother....listen to me(& others here) your mind is a playing field for the enemy,he's dropping those little thought sin left& right because he CAN

Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
1 Peter 5:8

Why can he,why may he? Because the field is empty,unguarded & unprotected.....the Saved are Gods Property,there is a huge sign posted "PRIVATE PROPERTY<NO TRESPASS"-does any trespasser or thief care about a sign? Absolutely not!

Fill that empty field with the Living Word,so there is no room for anything else to squeeze in! You can not lean on your own understanding,your own thinking your own mind!Its been breached!

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

You have Holy Spirit in you,get out of His Way.....get back in the Word,go before the Throne of Grace with everything ya got.....you need your Relationship with God in Christ,He waits only for you to LET GO,submit humbly

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
1st Peter 5:6

Much love-inChrist<Kwik

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120

On 4/10/2020 at 3:26 AM, kwikphilly said:

I understand Brother....listen to me(& others here) your mind is a playing field for the enemy,he's dropping those little thought sin left& right because he CAN

Why can he,why may he? Because the field is empty,unguarded & unprotected.....the Saved are Gods Property,there is a huge sign posted "PRIVATE PROPERTY<NO TRESPASS"-does any trespasser or thief care about a sign? Absolutely not!

Fill that empty field with the Living Word,so there is no room for anything else to squeeze in! You can not lean on your own understanding,your own thinking your own mind!Its been breached!

You have Holy Spirit in you,get out of His Way.....get back in the Word,go before the Throne of Grace with everything ya got.....you need your Relationship with God in Christ,He waits only for you to LET GO,submit humbly

Much love-inChrist<Kwik

Hi this is just what I needed to hear! I wish I had taken this seriously much earlier, I read it earlier and was half discouraged thinking ("what if its too late") but that was stupid of me. I will do this.

Edited by F_Ivan
  • Praise God! 2

1 hour ago, F_Ivan said:

Hi this is just what I needed to hear! I wish I had taken this seriously much earlier, I read it earlier and was half discouraged thinking ("what if its too late") but that was stupid of me. I will do this.

GOOD! I'm glad you re-read it & let it sink in Brother...unless your in the ground,it's not too late.....And read it again & again,Encouragement & good cheer is what you need and a swift kick to get back in RELATIONSHIP!!!!!:heart:

With love-in Christ<Kwik

no pity parties allowed with Sis Kwik!

Edited by kwikphilly

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/3/2020 at 9:23 PM, F_Ivan said:

Hello,

I was watching a sermon from Hardcore Christianity about anxiety and my day was going okay until someone brought up the topic of the unpardonable sin/blaspheming the spirit. Then fear started entering me and I started getting the you know what blasphemous thoughts, I was rebuking the thoughts telling them begone satan in the name of Jesus. and I accidentally thought of the HS when saying the devils name. thats not the worst part though the worst part i was brooding over the thoughts sometimes zoning out afterwards due to being lazy and in a terrible mood and feeling condemned and anxious. Is that reason to worry? Of course I have no desire to blaspheme the spirit or god and no malicious intent. but im worried i really blew it this time by dwelling on such negative thoughts.

Sounds like you did it on accident, and it was just a thought, that isnt an offence. You should try to keep your thoughts in check though because it can lead to sayings. The more we try not to thin of something the more we think about it.