• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/11/2020 at 2:45 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

That is incorrect.  All the apostle of Jesus were told to take what he was teaching them to all nations (Jew and Gentile).  Its false to assume that Paul was preaching a different Gospel

Paul was not an Apostle when Jesus told the 11 to Go and preach and baptize, etc.

So, maybe you dont realize that Paul was not among the original 12, who became 11 after one committed Suicide.

Later, years later, Paul was called, as Saul, and Christ personally gave him  the revelation of "Justification by Faith", "The Gift of Righteousness"..."The Gospel of the Grace of God".

This is why Paul called it "my Gospel"..

And today, when we preach the Gospel, we are preaching Paul's Theology that came from Jesus.

The other Apostle eventually preached it also with JUDE being one of the most vibrant teachers of "Grace" or "Pauline Theology".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

You have deceived yourself into thinking there is another Gospel than what Jesus and his apostles preached. You are following a false gospel if its not the teachings and commandments of Jesus.  All that apostles of Jesus were sent to Gentiles preaching that same gospel that Jesus brought.  

Jesus said:
Mat 24:14 KJV - And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Mar 13:10 KJV - And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
Luk 24:47 KJV - And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations (Gentiles), beginning at Jerusalem (Jews).
Mat 28:19-20 KJV - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.
Luk 6:46 KJV - And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Paul said:
Rom 1:16 KJV - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Act 20:21 KJV - Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 1:5 KJV - By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 
Act 11:18 KJV - When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

It is VERY dangerous not to recognize Paul's gospel because we will be judged by it. 

Mat 24:14 KJV - And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world 

This will be accomplished by Angels as seen in Rev. 14. It has nothing to do with Paul's gospel. Did you read the requirements God is declaring there? NOTHING about the death, burial and REsurrection of Jesus Christ - the basis of Paul's Gospel.

Luk 24:47 KJV - And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations (Gentiles), beginning at Jerusalem (Jews).  Did you not read that the 11 disciples were sent to the dispersed of Israel - while Paul went to the Gentiles? 

What WAS this gospel of the Kingdom? Simple, there is a KIngdom coming.  It will be very little different that what Jesus taught as the angels fly in Rev. 14. Peter's message (and the other 11) was this; Jesus Christ is YOUR MESSIAH! Repent and Believe on Him as your Messiah. 

Here is Paul's gospel in a nutshell. 

1 Cor. 15: 3  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

OF COURSE this could not be Jesus' gospel for He had not died and rose again! If Peter preached that Jesus died for sins, I don't know where. 

When Paul wrote, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:"  that would include the gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus preached AND the gospel Paul preached, so they are both "of Christ." This does not prove they are the same gospel.  Verses like we see in 1 Cor. 15 show us the difference.

Act 20:21 KJV - Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Both Paul and Peter spoke of repentance.

Try to find where Peter preached as Paul: "how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:'  This is the basis of Paul's Gospel: Because Jesus died for our sins and rose again, If we confess Him as Lord, and believe He rose from the dead, we shall be saved. Where is water baptism in that formula? It is not there. 

I really don't know what will happen if you follow jesus' Gospel and ignore Paul's and then get judged on Paul's gospel. I guess I can say, "good luck,"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, iamlamad said:

It is VERY dangerous not to recognize Paul's gospel because we will be judged by it. 

Mat 24:14 KJV - And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world 

This will be accomplished by Angels as seen in Rev. 14. It has nothing to do with Paul's gospel. Did you read the requirements God is declaring there? NOTHING about the death, burial and REsurrection of Jesus Christ - the basis of Paul's Gospel.

Luk 24:47 KJV - And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations (Gentiles), beginning at Jerusalem (Jews).  Did you not read that the 11 disciples were sent to the dispersed of Israel - while Paul went to the Gentiles? 

What WAS this gospel of the Kingdom? Simple, there is a KIngdom coming.  It will be very little different that what Jesus taught as the angels fly in Rev. 14. Peter's message (and the other 11) was this; Jesus Christ is YOUR MESSIAH! Repent and Believe on Him as your Messiah. 

Here is Paul's gospel in a nutshell. 

1 Cor. 15: 3  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

OF COURSE this could not be Jesus' gospel for He had not died and rose again! If Peter preached that Jesus died for sins, I don't know where. 

When Paul wrote, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:"  that would include the gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus preached AND the gospel Paul preached, so they are both "of Christ." This does not prove they are the same gospel.  Verses like we see in 1 Cor. 15 show us the difference.

Both Paul and Peter spoke of repentance.

Try to find where Peter preached as Paul: "how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:'  This is the basis of Paul's Gospel: Because Jesus died for our sins and rose again, If we confess Him as Lord, and believe He rose from the dead, we shall be saved. Where is water baptism in that formula? It is not there. 

I really don't know what will happen if you follow jesus' Gospel and ignore Paul's and then get judged on Paul's gospel. I guess I can say, "good luck,"

You dont get it there is no Paul's Gospel.   Did Paul die for you sins?  Did Paul save you?   You reject the source of the Gospel.   We are not to follow Paul we are to follow Christ, if Paul's gospel is different from Jesus and all the other apostles that would make him a false apostle.  All the apostles were preaching the Gospel of Jesus not a different gospel.  

1Co 1:12-13 NLT - Some of you are saying, "I am a follower of Paul." Others are saying, "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Peter," or "I follow only Christ." Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not!

There is only one Gospel and that's the Gospel that Jesus preached and taught and anything outside of that is a false gospel.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Lamad  thinks he can add a pre-trib rapture, and a first resurrection of the ones in Christ prior to the one in Rev. 20, I find no surprise that he wants to add another gospel to the Bible also.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

5 hours ago, Behold said:

Paul was not an Apostle when Jesus told the 11 to Go and preach and baptize, etc.

So, maybe you dont realize that Paul was not among the original 12, who became 11 after one committed Suicide.

Later, years later, Paul was called, as Saul, and Christ personally gave him  the revelation of "Justification by Faith", "The Gift of Righteousness"..."The Gospel of the Grace of God".

This is why Paul called it "my Gospel"..

And today, when we preach the Gospel, we are preaching Paul's Theology that came from Jesus.

The other Apostle eventually preached it also with JUDE being one of the most vibrant teachers of "Grace" or "Pauline Theology".

1 Corinthians 15:8 (KJV) And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. [emphasis added]

The twelve foundations of the New Jerusalem will be named after the twelve Apostles. I'm reasonably sure the 12th Apostle is Matthias. The Apostle Paul, being the 13th Apostle, I've wondered how that fits in?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

1 hour ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

You dont get it there is no Paul's Gospel.   Did Paul die for you sins?  Did Paul save you?   You reject the source of the Gospel.   We are not to follow Paul we are to follow Christ, if Paul's gospel is different from Jesus and all the other apostles that would make him a false apostle.  All the apostles were preaching the Gospel of Jesus not a different gospel.  

1Co 1:12-13 NLT - Some of you are saying, "I am a follower of Paul." Others are saying, "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Peter," or "I follow only Christ." Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not!

There is only one Gospel and that's the Gospel that Jesus preached and taught and anything outside of that is a false gospel.

Romans 11:13 (KJV) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

1 Corinthians 15:8 (KJV) And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. [emphasis added]

The twelve foundations of the New Jerusalem will be named after the twelve Apostles. I'm reasonably sure the 12th Apostle is Matthias. The Apostle Paul, being the 13th Apostle, I've wondered how that fits in?

Heberes 13:9 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, iamlamad said:

You surely know that john used those two words together in chapter 2 for Thyatira? It was specifically a message to a harlot and those sleeping with her. I think therefore those two words here certainly could not be speaking of the days of GT that will be greater and all other days. In other words, there are OTHER TIMES where GT could be used other than those days Jesus spoke of. How then am I twisting? Where else will there be a crowd as large and the raptured church?

How else? God in His great mercy continually reaches out His hand to man, and He knows that especially in times of great troubles, that people face the reality of death and then so many call out to God.

Those represented in Thyatira in our day will certainly go into the great tribulation unless they repent as Jesus said.

12 hours ago, iamlamad said:

This would be preconceptions talking, not scripture taken as written. Chapter 7 is LONG before the beheaded show up in heaven.  Indeed, chapter 7 is before the 70th week begins.

Ch. 7 of Rev. is an overview of those who turn to God is the Great Tribulation. It shows God`s great mercy amid His judgments.  

11 hours ago, Last Daze said:

As is so often the case, it comes down to terms and the definitions thereof.  We view the term "Great Tribulation" quite differently, along with the sequencing of events.  We'll know more as time goes on.  Blessings sister.

Yes Last Daze. All the best.