IGNORED

The Shakings are beginning (written in late 2019)

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

16 hours ago, Gideon said:

LOL. I have made that error a time or two before. My apologies.

Gids

I forgive you - I have to because I have made the same mistake with others :unsure:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Psalm 69:28

Source: https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/psalms-69-28.html
Quote:" the certainty of their salvation; for such whose names are written here in reality can never be blotted out: this would be contrary to the unchangeableness of God"
Quote:"Kimchi observes, that it is the same thing in different words; to be blotted out is the same as not to be written."

It is contradictory to scripture, contradictory to God's words to say that one can lose his/her salvation after being saved.

Edited by Wesley L

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

10 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Psalms 69:24..NIV

Pour out your wrath on them,let your fierce anger overtake them.

May their place be deserted,let no one to dwell in their tents.

For they persecute those you wound,and talk about the pain of those hurt.

Charge them with crime upon crime,do not let them share in your salvation.

May they be blotted out of the book of life,and not be listed with the righteous 

what does that mean?..I'm probably not quoting the whole text.

It is clear what I think scripture is saying about salvation. I used many bible verses to support my views.
My post above also answered your question already about "blotted".
I look forward to see how other forum members / members of Christ's church have to say about this topic.

Edited by Wesley L

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Note that God is not twisting arms.  He's not enticing men to sin.  It is man's choice:

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Bless you, Wesley, be at complete peace in your life :)

Edited by *Zion*
general improvement

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

huh

reading many of the posts in this thread, this is a very popular discussion in many forums and I have seen it get heated up worse than what is written here

I guess I would just like to draw attention to the fact that our efforts will never be good enough and for sure God does not want us to live in fear!  that would be contradictory to what scripture shows us

the balance is somewhere in between the base camps and people are somewhat talking past each other IMO

I believe things have been 'shaking' way before this virus making the rounds but I guess that is another discussion

there should never be any sort of fear introduced and I do not think that was the purpose of the op.  however, Christianity is often not for the weak or faint but God knows our hearts and knows how to take care of each one of us

the thing is to look to Jesus as He is the author and finisher of our faith.  what is written is to advise us, warn us, prepare us and help us to discern our walk in the Spirit

we will be tested and most of us have already been tested

we are not all in the same place and some deal with fear with bravado and others just don't deal and find themselves reaching for worldly things to distract them from the world outside their doors

so, hold fast, don't loose hope and keep your eyes on Jesus.  I don't think any single person can speak for everyone but I know God deals with us personally, so He is the one to go to...as always :)

18 For you have not come [g]to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and [h]darkness and tempest, 19 and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore. 20 (For they could not endure what was commanded: “And if so much as a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned or shot with an arrow.” 21 And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I am exceedingly afraid and trembling.”)

22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the [j]general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.  Hebrews 12

actually all of Hebrews 12 probably applies to the subject at hand 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/12/2020 at 10:29 AM, *Zion* said:

Thanks for your reply.  You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that.  But you still haven't answered my questions.  I think I'll shall have to leave it at that if you keep evading them.

Bless you :)

I have answered you.

Now answer me.

What are you trusting in to keep you saved and get you into heaven".

Edited by Behold

Let's keep the video posting to the video forum, as instructed.  Don't want to get anyone in trouble here. :)

2 hours ago, Flowersun said:

Ah Zion....my ego took over,on another thread,LOL....thanks bro...appreciate that....note to self.....give up the ego girl....LOL....no more derailing....sorry...

LOL you are the second one on this thread to call me brother when I am in fact a sister! :D

Don't worry about it, Flowersun, we all digress from time to time, we all have points to prove sometimes, but we don't have to get all snooty-booty about it, lol.  I don't think you've been that way.  I hope I haven't been.  

I guess this thread has been a bit of shaky ground, eh?

You pray for me too, sister; and let's help each other cling to God, that we may remain in Him :th_handshake:

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 4/9/2020 at 6:48 AM, *Zion* said:

I'm not against reconciliation, but for me this is exactly like if I were to divorce my husband, because we were going through a tough time, only to discover that I need his help, and let's say for argument's sake that I would only have access to that help if only I were married to him, and without marriage, much as he would love to help me, he would not be in a position to help me, as I have moved beyond his reach by my own actions:

We'd have to get married again, there would have to be an actual reconciliation there in order for me to access to whatever solution I needed.  Also, let's imagine that I propose to him just because I'm running out of time.  This a last minute deal, and the pressure is on me.  Such a remarriage would be a questionable one anyway - he would not have any confidence in my motives, I would be the one to come back to him, to remarry again; and seeing as I am married to a human being and not God, I can't count on the grace and mercy and love that God affords.  He would be absolutely within his rights not to choose to marry me again, even if it were to help me.  And I doubt that anyone would blame him.  Even I'm on his side with this one.  And this is just a hypothetical. 

I think it's just the same with us and God.  We cannot treat our relationship with God as a last minute deal.  We have to be more genuine than that.  

Hello Zion, that was a great analogy!  thanks! :D

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

So just who is and who isn't saved????? From what I am getting from this thread is this, it simply isn't enough to really believe and accept Jesus and want to turn from sin. You all mean that if want Jesus as your savior and believe in Him, that there is more to it? That you will up and stop sinning if you are genuine in your faith? and if not, you are not saved?