IGNORED

Signs and Wonders in the New Millennium

boblandis

Guest Warrior FC

Thanks for sharing Karen! Instead of so many people knocking the moves of God.. They should jump in and see for themselves that God is moving with signs and wonders in these days! Many don't experience them so they don't believe and end up talking against them instead! And when thet hear them happening somewhere, they say it's demonic. That truely is sad!

I am happy for you and may your faith continue to not limit God to anything! ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I was attending a charismatic church for a short time, when the youth of the church took a trip to Toronto for what I believe is the movement described above.  Upon their return the youth experienced violent shaking, uncontrolable laughter, giggling and other such nonsense during our church service.  The pastor was preaching a rather good sermon of repentence and obedience to God, but at the most compelling parts of the sermon, the hysterical verbalizations and gyrations of the youth rose to levels that drowned out the pastor's words.  It was clear to me that the spirit affecting these youth was not from God.  I had, at the time, recently watched a National Geographic special on Voodoo rituals, and the behavior of the youth more closely matched the behavior of those demon-possessed/influenced participants in those pagan rituals than anything from the Holy Spirit.

Guest Warrior FC

We all must be careful what we are speaking against and remember that Jesus too was accused by the majority of being demon-possesed! JOHN 7:20

When the Holy Spirit is moving the enemy gets very nervous!

The Spirit of anti-Christ loves to deny Christ!

And Christ is the annointed one and His annointing!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I do know there are evil Spirit's too though,  Bible says to test the Spirits.  I was in a church one night, (don't go there anymore) where I felt an evil Spirit.  Everyone was in some sort of trance and even my kids wanted out.  I prayed, God, if there is any evil spirit in this place, please send angels enough to fill this place so that they will leave.  Upon Amen, someone opened the back door, everyone up front in a trance sat down, one girl went ourside and threw up, and the pastor said, "well, I guess we're done here tonight."  

WEIRD!!!!!  

Every spirit is not of God, I pray for the Holy Spirit to help me discern spirits and not let me be led in the wrong direction.  Problem with this church was lots of praise and worship, very little WORD!!!  There's your trouble! :P

When the Holy Spirit is moving the enemy gets very nervous!

Exactly, and from what Dimension described, chaos ensued when the pastor was speaking on something very important and delivering the Word of G-d.  G-d is not going to interupt Himself.

Guest Warrior FC

Amen Xan, but to often when signs,wonders, or miracles are mentioned as happening somewhere.. people start yelling it's the devil..it's the devil...While Jesus himself, walked the streets and entered the synagogues performing signs, wonders, and miracles as an example to show us that that is part of christianity! And that we should and can do the same and greater things!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

That's true Warrior, however, too many of these signs and wonders are for self fulfillment.  Jesus is  the one glorified when these things are of God.

There is a worship movement today that does not glorify Jesus and does not teach the Word. Discernment is essential. This movement is dangerous.

Guest Warrior FC

That is true Taveller-

But what about the true miracles and moves of God that are being credited to the devil? How do you think God feels, when He performs His miracles or shows up in a meeting and people say it's demonic because they are not use to it!

America freaks out when God is really moving by His Spirit because they are use to nothing happening in a meeting! They are more just social gatherings void of miracles!

They are use to dry, repitious church gatherings with a GOOD PREACHED WORD but very little of the power of the Holy Spirit!