IGNORED

By This Shall All Men Know That You Know Me, By the Love You Have One For Another

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

Deu 6:23

And he brought us out from thence (Red Sea crossing) that he might bring us in (Jordan river crossing), to give us the land which he sware unto our fathers.

Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2Co 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Isaiah 35 as well....there are SO MANY wonderful scriptures that speak to this.  Many of us are still trying to please God in the strength of our own flesh (old man) and don't yet realize we are falling short.....it's true we are better versions of our selves in some ways from before we came to faith in Christ, but still it is self trying to please God, when really nothing less than the image and nature of His Son can please Him.  Speaking for myself, I do agree with Gideon and believe there is more to get hold of.

From what the Lord has shown me the latter rain will be as it was in the days of Noah, with both an outpouring from above, as well as the fountains of the deep breaking up and springing forth....(why we are to break up our fallow ground)......it will well up and increase from the deposit of the Holy Spirit that we were first given.  Our mustard seed finally growing into that great tree providing rest and shelter for other souls to come to the Lord. (It might be that the stone in Daniel 2 which grew until it became a great mountain that filled the earth also applies here.)

Psa 85:10-13

Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.

Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase.

Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.

I know the Lord often uses different scriptures to speak to different people, but I believe the book of Esther also, is an allegory (similitude) of end time events, if anyone is interested to have a look at that.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

"By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, by the love you have one for another."

May I humbly suggest that turning everything into an argument or an opportunity to attack or belittle  is not the path to do so. It is commendable to be a defenders of the truth, 

Just as soon as you stop teaching that you can lose your salvation, and also stop posting finger pointing condemnation towards this entire forum, then we can have something to agree about, perhaps.

But not till.

Also, do not include me in anything you are teaching, as i dont have any of the issues that you seen to have, as you keep saying "WE HAVE" "WE must"...

Well, those are your issues, not OURS.

Get off that.   You are not the Holy Spirit.

Stop pretending.

Edited by Behold
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Alive said:

As I read the last posts, these words of our Lord came to mind.

John 7:38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

This is a statement of fact that the Lord is making here and the only condition is that we 'believe in Him'. Such is the case with His free gift of salvation and everything that comes with that finished work of the cross. Most importantly is the 'Righteousness' of Christ that is imputed to us (every born again person) the very moment that we believe. This is a Gift from the Father. Christ in us and we in Him. So when the Father looks at us, he sees the perfection of Christ. This is how the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit solved the problem of corruption and sin and unrighteousness. By freely giving what mankind could never give himself or work to gain. Righteousness. Rightness with God. A Gift. Jesus Christ Himself. God made Him for us to be Righteousness. This happens in totality when we are joined to Him in the Cross. If you died a moment after being born again, you would have the fullness of His righteousness and if you lived 80 years longer, you would have that same righteousness. No less and no more. It is a Gift. Not in part, but in fullness.

If we get caught up in the lie that we can somehow improve on the finished work that is provided for us than we are essentially 'touching' a work of God. Putting our hand to God's work to help Him, to protect that work, or to improve on His work is 'touching the ark'.

That is an interesting story--touching the ark. We are not to do that and most especially we are not to touch what God has done in another of His sons, by corrupting that work. This is no small thing.

Look saints, there is no end to folks that come along and one way or another try to take you off of the footing (foundation) of Grace and move you to one of self-effort. This can be very subtle and gradual, but it is a trap that once started is like a snowball rolling down a hill. The natural man has a propensity to 'work' to try to please God. Once that starts, it tends to continue to find myriad ways of being better and self-improvement.

This is an inevitable dynamic of the 'natural' 'fleshly' nature. Don't go down that road. Understand Grace and the New Life within you. Rest in Him and He will manifest through you. These words that I am typing aren't just a different way of saying the same thing. They are fundamentally different.

Looks to the Rock from which you were hewn...He is already everything you need to please God. Do that and the Light will shine according to His will in your life.

Brother, with all due respect, this is not a post concerning your perceived disagreement with what I have shared in other posts. It is simply the way to turn the conversation back to a fight over doctrine, which is the very reason why we need a fresh outpouring of love. 

I humbly ask that you respect that, even with our disagreements.  Instead of showing up on almost every post I make, even the ones not directly related to your disagreements, trying your best to disrupt what is being shared, can we not walk in love despite how we interpret certain verses differently? I would really appreciate it.

If you feel strongly about your beliefs, there is nothing wrong, but would it not be far better to open up your own post sharing what is on your heart, rather than these veiled personal attacks, which not only are not displaying love, but also against forum rules?

Thanks.

blessings to you, Alive

Gids

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

6 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, with all due respect, this is not a post concerning your perceived disagreement with what I have shared in other posts. It is simply the way to turn the conversation back to a fight over doctrine, which is the very reason why we need a fresh outpouring of love. 

I humbly ask that you respect that, even with our disagreements.  Instead of showing up on almost every post I make, even the ones not directly related to your disagreements, trying your best to disrupt what is being shared, can we not walk in love despite how we interpret certain verses differently? I would really appreciate it.

If you feel strongly about your beliefs, there is nothing wrong, but would it not be far better to open up your own post sharing what is on your heart, rather than these veiled personal attacks, which not only are not displaying love, but also against forum rules?

Thanks.

blessings to you, Alive

Gids

Nice try, Gids--but once again instead of addressing the points made it is you who are making it personal. Truth is important. The actual Gospel is important and you have typed things that are contrary to the Truth. I only care about the people reading these things on this forum and how they are affected by them.

Love is 'knowing' that others are more important than you are. This is not about you.

Address the issues head on. It will be good for you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Thanks.

blessings to you, Alive

Gids

It is the job of the family to fight against error... and you sir are trying to get people to focus upon their works to be acceptable to enter in Through Christ to The Father... 
The Scripture is very clear there was only One Holy, Righteous Life... and it is that Life in which we build our hope upon
1 Cor 3:11

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It is the job of the family to fight against error... and you sir are trying to get people to focus upon their works to be acceptable to enter in Through Christ to The Father... 
The Scripture is very clear there was only One Holy, Righteous Life... and it is that Life in which we build our hope upon
1 Cor 3:11

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
KJV

Amen brother and I am so glad you posted that last verse. We know that only the same 'worthy' material can be used to build on that foundation. Material of 'like kind', which is Christ and what comes from Christ and that finished work of the cross.

And yet it is so easy to slip into what the pharisees were. Religious men who thought they were righteous by their own 'glorious effort'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, Alive said:

Amen brother and I am so glad you posted that last verse. We know that only the same 'worthy' material can be used to build on that foundation. Material of 'like kind', which is Christ and what comes from Christ and that finished work of the cross.

And yet it is so easy to slip into what the pharisees were. Religious men who thought they were righteous by their own 'glorious effort'.

Yes the overall of God's Word is He is not keeping even the memory of this place.... so perfect is His design in this, as for what has satan been given control of, this world and those born only once within it... will be as it never was!  It is then easily understood that if the influence >is< to attach anything of eternity to that which passes away it is of the devil who holds control of that which ends only... It does reduce us as a child for we are not given any sensual means of 'what will it be like' but who cares our Lord Jesus will lead us there :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Yes the overall of God's Word is He is not keeping even the memory of this place.... so perfect is His design in this, as for what has satan been given control of, this world and those born only once within it... will be as it never was!  It is then easily understood that if the influence >is< to attach anything of eternity to that which passes away it is of the devil who holds control of that which ends only... It does reduce us as a child for we are not given any sensual means of 'what will it be like' but who cares our Lord Jesus will lead us there :thumbsup:

1Cor. 2:9   But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,

Nor have entered into the heart of man

The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

Here and now we only have such a small taste of the Glory to be revealed in us.

Amen!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

52 minutes ago, Alive said:

Paul told the Ephesians "Nothing profits but a new creature". Oh that we might believe it and hunger and thirst for God to plant us there.

@Behold made a point of what you said here and it was an important one.

You haven't addressed this. This is a very cogent point and of great importance to get this Truth down pat.

Other members here have engaged you in conversation and you don't deal with the issues, you just keep on cranking out stuff.

It is not loving and respectful to just ignore brethren.

28 minutes ago, Alive said:

Nice try, Gids--but once again instead of addressing the points made it is you who are making it personal. Truth is important. The actual Gospel is important and you have typed things that are contrary to the Truth. I only care about the people reading these things on this forum and how they are affected by them.

Love is 'knowing' that others are more important than you are. This is not about you.

Address the issues head on. It will be good for you.

Resistance is futile.....................default_cool2.gif.0e62c385a845e60d8c67046c7aa64fc5.gif

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

58 minutes ago, Alive said:
  1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Brother, I think you may have missed entirely the point of the post I have made. The subject was our need in these last days for the love of God to be shed abroad in our hearts, so that it would manifest itself outwardly in the way we treat others, even our enemies, as well as those in the household of faith who see things differently than we do.  The world  desperately needs to see Christianity actually displayed in those who are God's children, because, as the title of the OP stated .....

"By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, by the love you have one for another."

May I humbly suggest that turning everything into an argument or an opportunity to attack or belittle  is not the path to do so. It is commendable to be a defenders of the truth, but if the love of Christ is not seen in our lives, if our words are biting, our patience lacking, if our  hearts are not broken for those who are our brothers who we see as in error,  is this not the very reason we all need to cry out to God to manifest that love in each one of our lives?

The world has had no reason to believe us other than our words.... yet. But our God has promised that in these final days, He will speak to all His elect, even the ones who have drifted off into error, and cause us to return to Him. And He will again pour out His Spirit out over His own, just as He did at Pentecost, and insure that we who are light shine forth to a world overcome by darkness.  

And praise God, the lost in the world who inwardly do long for light but who have not yet cone to Jesus, the light of the world, will come as the final harvest begins.  Multitudes who have been turned off  by how God's children have lived, how we have interacted, will see God's love manifested outwardly, IN us, and we will again hear the words once spoken of the saints in the early church.....

Blessings Gids

That's BEAUTIFUL!But the again I think you are too...I see no malice in you,a very loving & gentle Spirit-God Bless you Brother:heart:

My cousin is a pretty new  Born Again Believer ,a Babe & she wants to shout from  the rooftops "Jesus,Jesus,Jesus".....we all know that excitement ,when literally you KNOW nothing except that you are Saved & you want everyone to have what you have so you must shove it down all their throats,lol (whether or not anyone wants to hear it too) Anyway she calls me constantly to ask about this Bible Story,this verse of Scripture & that scenario in the Bible all the while because she wants to "preach" to everyone  Gids,its really adorable & endearing but I keep telling her to study IN CONTEXT,seek God & for now simply lead by example because LOVE is DISPLAYED,it is an action ......she talks alot so its her old "nature" ,she gets "mad" when she doesnt know what to reference in Scripture(lol)its sort of like putting the cart before the horse

I just thought I'd share that with you because so much more can be said without a word just by loving one  another & yes.loving your enemies etc...and Gods Word is TRUE...IF you walk in Spirit & in Truth then you cannot help but LOVE,it takes no effort with the Heart & Mind of Christ to demonstrate LOVE    RELATIONSHIP,its all about RElationship

With love-in Christ<Kwik