IGNORED

By This Shall All Men Know That You Know Me, By the Love You Have One For Another

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Sower said:

Resistance is futile.....................default_cool2.gif.0e62c385a845e60d8c67046c7aa64fc5.gif

I hear your sentiment, but it seems to me that it is necessary for there to be a witness for Christ and His Cross in the midst of what is contrary.

A responsibility.  Not all are called to the same thing. God knows.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Sower said:

Resistance is futile.....................default_cool2.gif.0e62c385a845e60d8c67046c7aa64fc5.gif

Psalm 133 

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity"

===

And what kills unity?   It isn't a lack of Love.  Its a lack of  simple trust in Christ, according to how this is to be understood and taught and believed, in UNISON.

And as long as some dont understand Salvation, as GRACE, or wont,... and choose instead to deny that Salvation is a FREE GIFT,.... then there is always going to be not only confusion, but anger.

See, the one thing that upsets God and Christ is the teaching of self righteousness in place of God's righteousness.   "salvation can be lost",  "you must keep commandments and do this STUFF... ALSO""...etc.

This provokes God and Christ.  It provokes the Holy Spirit in real believers when a carnal religious person is preaching "self saving" "self righteousness" in place of Grace and  "The GIFT Of Salvation."

So, you know what happens?    The Holy Spirit that is in a true believer, who has understood the Grace of God..... The Holy Spirit in them becomes provoked and this plays out through the believer as  righteous indignation.

This can be misunderstood as "anger", or "meanness" or "lack of love".......but its not.  It the same Spirit that caused an Offended JESUS to kick over tables, and yell, and use a whip to hit people in a Temple in Jerusalem to make them STOP DOING WHAT THEY WERE DOING WRONG.

God is Love, but He also a jealous God.  See, you can't have love without some Jealousy.  That is a fact....And there is a type of Jealousy that is a protection of what you love... God has this, and the born again have this also.

God protects His word. He defends THE Truth.  He does not ultimately allow it to be misrepresented, denied, or twisted.  So, when this is happening on a Forum, then real believers will feel a STING and that is the HOLY SPIRIT IN THEM being Provoked, and then the yelling is going to start.

To get this to stop, you remove access from the people who are teachers of Legalism, or you get rid of all the real Believers.

Light and Darkness do not GET ALONG and they are NOT SUPPOSED TO GET ALONG.

There is no other solution.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

20 hours ago, Gideon said:

We can talk about love all we want, but until we seek as to  how to lose our old nature, it is simply nice sounding words, but with no power to back them up. Jude told us to "earnestly contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints". If we are to "turn the world upside down" again as the early saints did, if we are to love as they loved one another, the answer is contending for the faith that "it is no longer I that live, but Christ who lives in me". Once that is corrected, love will flow through us like a river of living water, and to our amazement and delight, our very lives will be turned upside down.

I do HOPE you Understand,my Friend,that there is not a "how to"in losing our old nature ...it is already DONE   Sometimes I do get a bit confused by things you say because I must wonder if you"try" too much,lol

Gids,I can talk about Love all day long because I walk in it,I live it and I can assure you it is nothing I had to strive to perfect or put forth any effort in doing....once I came to the Understanding of WHO I AM in CHRIST is when my life was turned upside down or rather it became RIGHTSIDE UP!!!Because of me,ABSOLUTELY NOT.....Striving for Perfection is simply yearning to be nearer God in Christ,a hunger & thirst for HIM & HE Is PERFECTION......in HIM I can do all things,in Him I Am more than a Conqueror,in Him I have the Power to step on serpents & scorpions,in Him I love an enemy

I can do NOTHING,I am NOTHING and because of His Precious Blood God Sees PERFECTION when He Sees me and by His Grace Alone I have the Heart & Mind of Jesus ---I love you,I love His Creation,its my new nature.....this comes by seeking God with all your heart ,mind & soul as you discover Him in His Written Word.,including Him in your every moment on earth to take you through it from sun up til sun down...............Anyway,just melt into His Word & RELATE.....how do you contend for the Faith?

A "contender"BELIEVES he can win a prize.....So what is the prize?The Ultimate prize is spending Eternity in the Presence of God! So that is what we strive for,to be in Gods Presence right now......growing in RELATIONSHIP with God in Christ(no effort)it's simply a heart matter.....where our treasure is we find our heart

With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Paul told the Ephesians "Nothing profits but a new creature". Oh that we might believe it and hunger and thirst for God to plant us there.

@Behold made a point of what you said here and it was an important one.

You haven't addressed this. This is a very cogent point and of great importance to get this Truth down pat.

Other members here have engaged you in conversation and you don't deal with the issues, you just keep on cranking out stuff.

It is not loving and respectful to just ignore brethren.

Alive,

I have made a point to @Behold that he has yet to reply to so he is no saint regarding this. He has willfully ignored the teachings of scripture on half of the Gospel message preached by Paul. The Gospel is Both Grace and Truth, Grace is instantaneous but we arrive at the Truth. Just like @Heleadethme wrote we cross the Red sea By Grace, But enter the promised Land by crossing the Jordan In full belief in that finished work of Christ on the cross. That is all that @Gideon is preaching here. Resting in the finished work of Grace on the cross is the essential part of this, and Hebrews chapters 3 and 4 express this perfectly, this is not about works, but about trusting in The Providence of God Fully and not partially.

God must finish HIS work in us before we can enter the promised Land, Paul wrote: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: (Eph 4:13-15)

John wrote: Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. (1 John 3:1-3) 

There are those who are saying there are giants in the land that we cannot overcome and then there are those who fully trust in the providence of God to overcome those giants.... The Question I ask of You is which side of this fence are you on? Gideon is right on track with His comments, It is Behold who is leading the majority in doubting the providence of God and saying we cannot overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of our testimony (rev. 12:11) 

This is not a game of who wins the debate for myself that I am playing, But the very heart and soul of the church. Or as Jesus asked Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? (Luke 18:8)  

Complete and full faith, and not partial faith like the Israelites had. This is the Lukewarm church age, and the lukewarmness is just this that is being discussed here. You all believe, and I do not doubt that, But do you believe the truth that he has overcome by your lives? Are you wanting to stand in the status quo of the Wilderness or are you willing and able to believe in and ready to cross the Jordan? Are you resting in HIS ability to get us across the Jordan and overcome those Giants?

God Bless

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I want to explain what God means by He will give us the desires of our heart. God wants us to make Him the desire of our heart. When we make God the main desire of our heart we will have it because we will have Him. God won't hide from us when we seek Him with all our love.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Alive,

I have made a point to @Behold that he has yet to reply to so he is no saint regarding this. He has willfully ignored the teachings of scripture on half of the Gospel message preached by Paul.

Actually what you meant to say is that im not able to agree with how you misinterpret the Grace of God to mean that you have to try to keep yourself saved by works.

And you are right.  The bible does not teach this, you do.. and Gideon does, ..so, I wont be able to agree with you both, as i have explained to you both.

You do not believe that Jesus alone keeps you saved.  You are trusting in yourself to do this, for yourself.

This is "self saver"< and its not related to The Gospel of the Grace of God.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

5 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Hello JTC...it's the "we have to" that I struggle with...what does that mean?.......

It means we have to want to be the way God wants us to be. If I want to lie so I can take advantage of you God isn't going to force me to be honest. But if I want to be honest God will help me to tell the truth. God won't force us, we have to want His help in whatever ways you need to change.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Flowersun said:

Hello JTC...it's the "we have to" that I struggle with...what does that mean?.......

We have to get out of the way and Let God finish his work in us is how I read this Flowersun. This is about the carnal mind saying we can't versus God saying He can. We all are carnal in this regard. The Work that He is doing in us is Spiritual, and by the Holy Spirit. I read the comments here and I see a lack of faith in the providence of God in some commentators and growing faith in others.  

Edited by dhchristian
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

35 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Alive,

I have made a point to @Behold that he has yet to reply to so he is no saint regarding this. He has willfully ignored the teachings of scripture on half of the Gospel message preached by Paul. The Gospel is Both Grace and Truth, Grace is instantaneous but we arrive at the Truth. Just like @Heleadethme wrote we cross the Red sea By Grace, But enter the promised Land by crossing the Jordan In full belief in that finished work of Christ on the cross. That is all that @Gideon is preaching here. Resting in the finished work of Grace on the cross is the essential part of this, and Hebrews chapters 3 and 4 express this perfectly, this is not about works, but about trusting in The Providence of God Fully and not partially.

God must finish HIS work in us before we can enter the promised Land, Paul wrote: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: (Eph 4:13-15)

John wrote: Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. (1 John 3:1-3) 

There are those who are saying there are giants in the land that we cannot overcome and then there are those who fully trust in the providence of God to overcome those giants.... The Question I ask of You is which side of this fence are you on? Gideon is right on track with His comments, It is Behold who is leading the majority in doubting the providence of God and saying we cannot overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of our testimony (rev. 12:11) 

This is not a game of who wins the debate for myself that I am playing, But the very heart and soul of the church. Or as Jesus asked Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? (Luke 18:8)  

Complete and full faith, and not partial faith like the Israelites had. This is the Lukewarm church age, and the lukewarmness is just this that is being discussed here. You all believe, and I do not doubt that, But do you believe the truth that he has overcome by your lives? Are you wanting to stand in the status quo of the Wilderness or are you willing and able to believe in and ready to cross the Jordan? Are you resting in HIS ability to get us across the Jordan and overcome those Giants?

God Bless

@dhchristianI don't know what you are referring to with @Behold

I will say only this about the process of sanctification and our walking out what is already done by God in Christ, In heaven and in us that are born again.

1. It has zero to do with acquiring and keeping the free gift of salvation.

2. there is a significant difference between simply 'yielding' to and 'allowing' the power of the New Life 'In Christ' to manifest in and through these earthen vessels and working to behave in a way that we think is appropriate. The first is 'Life' the second is not. One is by 'faith' and the other by 'effort'.

And hear this, my friend---the difference is everything.

One will result in peace and joy and the other will result in exhaustion and constant struggle.

Other than this, we are battling today and other days on this forum--against the lie that Christ in you and me can die a second time and get back up on the cross or a cross. 

THe way to 'Love' and being 'Hot' is only one way and that way is through faith and an understanding of our 'Salvation' and how that works. Its THAT TRUTH that sets us free and results in Christ shining through us.

Again---to the carnal mind, this seems foolish and pointless and only mincing words.

It is not those things. This is 'reality'. I mean 'reality' on purpose, because the other way is 'made up imagination' 'hollow' and without substance.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

21 hours ago, Gideon said:

"Nothing profits but a new creature"

These words quoted above are absolutely true... For only the new creation can and will stand before God.... The new creation as I’m sure most everyone knows is also put forth as the new birth or the Divine nature come to birth in the believer...

It is the understanding of this truth that sets a believer free from all sorts of bondages of the this’s and the that’s ....

This truth seen into as to what it is in itself will settle the heart and life in their relationship with Christ to and in a degree that will as scripture says “establish one in Christ”....

Seeing into this can not be done from the outside it has to be done by God Himself in the heart of the believer...This seeing into the realities of the Divine nature come to birth in one and the ramifications of that eternal birth, can and will only come through one feeding their personal relationship with Christ....No other learning can teach the believer what they need to see...For all other learning is a learning of human reasonings...Only the teaching that comes from God Himself to the heart of that believer is food for that believer...

This truth once seen into will set the heart at rest and establish a believer in Christ...The believer will not be tossed to and fro any more by this or that doctrine of the interpretation of man’s human reasonings of scripture.. Which includes the OSAS debate. 

For all truth, life, light that comes from God to the heart of man has but one purpose and that is to free the heart of man before God..  

Be blessed all as to God do we go for light, life and growth..

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1