BeauJangles

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  0

If nothing else you have to enjoy those beautiful images of our universe.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 minutes ago, SimonB said:

If nothing else you have to enjoy those beautiful images of our universe.

It makes you wonder sometimes what our Lord's thoughts were when He created all this splendor. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

Awesome stuff you got on here! Have you ever looked into dark matter or black holes? Those are very interesting as well. 
Good job and really nice photos. Here’s a picture thought you might appreciate as well.BCA34AA3-0F94-4492-8C11-D70F76F4D8CC.png.7f45104eaf73e06476577dd0b8b89349.png

• Loved it! 1

33 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Awesome stuff you got on here! Have you ever looked into dark matter or black holes? Those are very interesting as well. 
Good job and really nice photos. Here’s a picture thought you might appreciate as well.

Thanks, bro! :D

Yeah, it did take quite a bit of effort. I'm glad to hear some appreciation for the time it took in presenting it. Nice pic by the way. Very cool. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

I remember one brilliant Christian philospher who dekved in apologetics by using astronomy, Chuck Missler,  who claimed that The original intentions of the Hubble Telescope was to send it out to disprove GOD. The demise of God is on the minds of most atheistic astonomers continuously looking for answers out there. CETI was another program that failed. They were sending out radio waves/ messages, hoping and waiting for just one retirn signal - so they could say, "See, life is out there ... therefore ..."

Wonderful photos - God is awaesome!

1 hour ago, RonaldBruno said:

I remember one brilliant Christian philospher who dekved in apologetics by using astronomy, Chuck Missler,  who claimed that The original intentions of the Hubble Telescope was to send it out to disprove GOD.

I've heard of Missler but mistook him to be a minister. Sounds like his claims were pretty far out there. 

Wonderful photos - God is awaesome!

Thanks, brother. I did take quite a lot of time and effort into this one in particular. Well worth it. :)

And amen, God IS awesome! 

CETI was another program that failed. They were sending out radio waves/ messages, hoping and waiting for just one retirn signal - so they could say, "See, life is out there ... therefore ..."

I believe recalling this one as well. Thought they were looking for existence of intelligent life. Guess they haven't found it yet. But, no one or thing will reach a signal to Heaven without prayer. 

Hallelujah! :amen:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

17 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I've heard of Missler but mistook him to be a minister. Sounds like his claims were pretty far out there. 

He was a a teacher who often spoke under the umbrella of Calvary Chapel. His real field, according to him, was information sciences, largely dealiing with computers. He beleived his background made him especially qualified to discover coded information, which lead to things he understood about the Bible, that others missed. His approach was often a bit mystical (his word, and I am not sure exactly what he meant by that). He spoke a lot about eschatology, and aligned himself with Hal Lindsey, in addition to the doctrines of Calvary Chapel. He was not above misrepresenting others he disagreed with, but he may have done that in ignorance, not mal-intent.

He was a very interesting guy to listen to for many years, but as time went on, his beliefs seemed to get more far fetched (at least to me) regarding subjects like UFOs,, space aliens, Nephilim, etc.

I think he had a great mind, and a lot of good things to say, but at the same time, I often took him with large grains of salt.

25 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

He was a a teacher who often spoke under the umbrella of Calvary Chapel.

Oh, sure. That's where I've heard of the name. I remember attending a couple services there under the canopy of the humongous circus tent they had, holding several thousands easily. Nice town of Costa Mesa. I went to a Sunday service there during the days of the early Jesus People Movement. Chuck Smith was the founder and pastor. A year later, my immediate family and I went to see a large baptismal gathering at the beach. We just missed it unfortunately, but hung out for the concert later on in the evening. That made up for it pretty well.

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

19 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I believe recalling this one as well. Thought they were looking for existence of intelligent life. Guess they haven't found it yet. But, no one or thing will reach a signal to Heaven without prayer. 

Hallelujah! :amen:

They just dismantled that CETI program recently.

• Thanks 1