• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

12 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Revelation 2:2 

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars

Revelation 2:9 

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

These 2 verses shows there were false Jews and false apostles in the churches. They were teaching false doctrines in the churches of the Niclolations which he said he hates. They were teaching the doctrine of Balaam who taught Balac. A church was being seduced by the spirit of Jezebel.

Not everyone in the churches were saying they were Jews or Apostles. There were those that had not these doctrines or have not defiled their garments.

There is no denying that there were imposters found in the church, but Jesus is not speaking to the imposters, but the true Christians. When Jesus said to repent to the first church He addressed of the seven, the church of Ephesus, He was addressing the true Christians.  He found nothing against the second church He addressed, the church in Smyrna.  The third church Jesus addressed, which you did not quote but did speak about His message to them, the church in Pergamos, those who held to some false doctrine were among them.  Jesus did not say they held the false teachings of "Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality."  Jesus also found another accusation again them as He said "Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate".  Because they allowed those to mingle among the true church, Jesus told them to repent. 

Revelation 2:24

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

Revelation 3:4 

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Revelation 3:9 

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Theres another church claiming to be Jews (Christians))

The church in Philadelphi is not claiming to be from the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not.  That is who Jesus will make to come and worship before the church.  Not even sure why you included the verses to the church of Thyatira and Sardis as they do not fit into this conversation of who Jesus was addressing.

These 7 churches have both the false and the true in them. The repent was for both sides for the true and for the false.

The main gist or message to these Churches was how they were being inundated with these false teachers that were effecting the churches. For the false it’s a message to repent and become a true Jew, Apostle or Christian.

For the true Jews, Apostles and Christians repent and turn your focus away from these falsehoods that are trying to pervert their faith.

The Christians repenting is not because they are sinning. Christians were to repent because they left their first love with God.

It’s not as vibrant as it used to be. They also had to repent because they were becoming lukewarm. These churches were under the onslaughts of falsehood.

This is all the contexts of different repenting for the false Jews,  false apostles, and false Christians as well as the true Jews, the true apostle, and the true Christians.

I disagree with your assessment of Jesus's message to the churches.  Try analyzing what each message is saying, one at a time, and divide it properly.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

There is no denying that there were imposters found in the church, but Jesus is not speaking to the imposters, but the true Christians. When Jesus said to repent to the first church He addressed of the seven, the church of Ephesus, He was addressing the true Christians.  He found nothing against the second church He addressed, the church in Smyrna.  The third church Jesus addressed, which you did not quote but did speak about His message to them, the church in Pergamos, those who held to some false doctrine were among them.  Jesus did not say they held the false teachings of "Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality."  Jesus also found another accusation again them as He said "Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate".  Because they allowed those to mingle among the true church, Jesus told them to repent. 

The church in Philadelphi is not claiming to be from the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not.  That is who Jesus will make to come and worship before the church.  Not even sure why you included the verses to the church of Thyatira and Sardis as they do not fit into this conversation of who Jesus was addressing.

I disagree with your assessment of Jesus's message to the churches.  Try analyzing what each message is saying, one at a time, and divide it properly.

I respectfully disagree but that’s fine I don’t expect everyone to see eye to eye with me or to see eye to eye with you as well. But that’s ok we are still brothers in Christ. It’s so hard to try to communicate on theses forums verses talking on phone or in person. Personally I’d rather do that but this will suffice at the time being. I’m glad we both got to debate in a peaceful way because sometimes people can get mean or hurtful at times. 
God bless you nice talking Eddy Crocker. We can always talk later on other subjects as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Cornelius10 said:

I have never heard the word Repent used in such a way.  If it has been, it was probably in Mockery.

Repent is a Very Christian Word, that means to change your ways.

I think that it “ can” mean to “ change your ways......that can make one a “ Moral” Person.....

God is not looking for “Bad” People to change themselves into “ Good” People. He is looking for people that are “ dead in trespasses and sin” and make them “Alive” by putting His Spirit in them .Our part in seeing this come to fruition is to Believe in the Gospel Of Grace, 1cor15:1-4 and thereby receiving the Holy Spirit and letting God Then do what only He can do......Transform is by getting to work on the “ inside of the cup”...Anybody can change.....only God can Transform.....God Bless.... 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think that it “ can” mean to “ change your ways......that can make one a “ Moral” Person.....

God is not looking for “Bad” People to change themselves into “ Good” People. He is looking for people that are “ dead in trespasses and sin” and make them “Alive” by putting His Spirit in them .Our part in seeing this come to fruition is to Believe in the Gospel Of Grace, 1cor15:1-4 and thereby receiving the Holy Spirit and letting God Then do what only He can do......Transform is by getting to work on the “ inside of the cup”...Anybody can change.....only God can Transform.....God Bless.... 

1336494521_John8-36IfTheSonMakesYouFreeYouShallBeFreeIndeedutmost11-18.jpg.aee0e265ecf4a634cfb79b14442159e0.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

17 hours ago, Flowersun said:

What do you mean lucky repentance?

Some here are teaching that you must repent of every sin each time it occurs, or else you are not forgiven.   So if you would die in between repenting of a sin, they are teaching you would be lost/damned.

Of course the above is not Scriptural.   We have the imputed righteousness of Christ...that means Jesus took our sins, and gives us His righteousness.   Even if we might stumble in some way at times, the Blood of Christ covers our sins.   Jesus is our Salvation.

4But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.  Titus 3:4-7.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/5/2020 at 12:31 PM, OneLight said:

I am not like you on this point as I believe that it goes much further than "grace to works".  

As for Cain, it was his pride that brought him down, not works.  He was jealous of Abel's offering

Not exactly.

It was not "cain's pride" that was rejected by God..It was Cain trying to bring his self effort to God instead of the BLood.

This is the problem the Legalist has.   They will comment that Jesus saves, but they dont believe that He keeps them saved.. So, what does ? THEM... And they'll show you their works, and James talking about dead faith, and they talk about living holy, and self, self, self, doing doing doing.....and all that is SELF EFFORT....or the Error of going to God as Cain did, bringing WORKS< and God said. GET OUT!!

Cain killed ABEL, not because of what Abel offered, but because Abel was ACCEPTED and He was not.......so, that envy became murder.

And the final Apostacy, is that most believers are not believing that Christ keeps them saved...  they are "fallen from GRACE"....they are in face self savors who will argue against OSAS.

And what is that?   That is the belief that the God who saved you ONCE, Keeps you always Saved.

So, when that freaks someone out, then they are self righteous, and do not accept that Once they are saved by the Blood, they are Kept by the Blood.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

I have already been forgiven for my sins 28yrs ago....my slate is clean in the eyes of the Lord.

i do like to stay focused on the Lord...I also like to thank him most days for his Holy Spirit.....tell him how he has changed my life for the better......

I also sometimes tell him my plans.....which obviously he laughs at!.....in honesty I speak to him throughout the day.....every day....I just have such a thankful heart........

Amen sister! Amen!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

Even under these circumstances Repent of and Not Hating do not go together.

You are Mocking the word Repent.

I will say that again,

You are MOCKING the word Repent.

Its a joke.

God has a sense of humor.

Try it for yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

23 minutes ago, Behold said:

Not exactly.

It was not "cain's pride" that was rejected by God..It was Cain trying to bring his self effort to God instead of the BLood.

This is the problem the Legalist has.   The will comment that Jesus saves, but they dont believe that He keeps them saved.. So, what does ? THEM... And they'll show you their works, and James talking about dead faith, and they talk about living holy, and self, self, self, doing doing doing.....and all that is SELF EFFORT....or the Error of going to God as Cain did, bringing WORKS< and God said. GET OUT!!

Cain killed ABEL, not because of what Abel offered, but because Abel was ACCEPTED and He was not.......so, that envy became murder.

And the final Apostacy, is that most believers are not believing that Christ keeps them saved...  they are "fallen from GRACE"....they are in face self savors who will argue against OSAS.

And what is that?   That is the belief that the God who saved you ONCE, Keeps you always Saved.

So, when that freaks someone out, then they are self righteous, and do not accept that Once they are saved by the Blood, they are Kept by the Blood.

As I was thinking about this that phrase from a commercial came to mind. I think it is an ad for a 'credit card'.

'What's in your wallet".

What is it that we hold before God that is to our credit? Is it some value of our own doing or worth, or is it the sacrifice of Christ and His Blood and the Righteousness that He has imputed to us?

What's in your wallet?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Oy Vey! 1