• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

That's absolutely correct. The devil does not have that kind of power. I've come to understand that his minions are commissioned to do his bidding. Even though his kingdom dismantled by the shed blood of Christ's sacrifice, he's still able to cause tremendous harm. We only have to look at our world as an example. It's a total mess. 

It is only going to get worse.  Now, back to the thread ... ;)

I was in my teens in the late 60's and did a lot of experimenting with drugs.  They did open a world that should of remained closed.  I am so blessed that God delivered me from such a life.  It was very dark, miserable, lonely and empty.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

thank you for shareing this & yes I agree with you,  Satan is the father of lies,  he's a liar,  and yes The New Age Movement is preety shocking

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

It is only going to get worse.  Now, back to the thread ... ;)

I was in my teens in the late 60's and did a lot of experimenting with drugs.  They did open a world that should of remained closed.  I am so blessed that God delivered me from such a life.  It was very dark, miserable, lonely and empty.

You name it......I’ve  done it......other than heroin..... even “I” had enough sense to stay away from that stuff.....like all of Satan’s “ goodies”, there is “ pleasure in sin” —— “ for a Season.” What Satan hides is what is awaiting all of the dupes that have bought in to his “ FUN”........There is an end to that “ Pleasurable Season” and you are going to regret the things that you did, but it will be too late.....Drug use inadvertently lead to my Salvation and that is not an endorsement of playing around with drugs......it just shows that God can take what Satan means for harm and turn it into something He can use for Good......  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,020
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You name it......I’ve  done it......other than heroin..... even “I” had enough sense to stay away from that stuff.....like all of Satan’s “ goodies”, there is “ pleasure in sin” —— “ for a Season.” What Satan hides is what is awaiting all of the dupes that have bought in to his “ FUN”........There is an end to that “ Pleasurable Season” and you are going to regret the things that you did, but it will be too late.....Drug use inadvertently lead to my Salvation and that is not an endorsement of playing around with drugs......it just shows that God can take what Satan means for harm and turn it into something He can use for Good......  

Thanks for being spaced out...I mean with your phrasing. :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

While Satan is not omnipresent and has less power than you attribute to him, you make some good points.  Demonic oppression (not possession) can happen to anyone.  It is done by demons rather than Satan himself.  But attributing it to Satan is reasonable since they are the one third of the stars that fell with Satan, and in a sense they are omnipresent tools of Satan.

You're primary point of avoiding hallucinogenic drugs is a very good one.  I believe that anything that reduces the effectiveness of a heart, mind, and soul that is committed to Jesus is not only open to demonic oppression, but also a target.  Satan and his demons want to torment those who are saved, and those who will be saved as Jesus guides their hearts to him.  Satan is like a child who wants what he can't have, and throws temper trantrums when he can't have it.  He has some power, but flees at the name of Jesus.  Don't spend too much time worrying about Satan and his demons.  They are all dead men walking.  Redeem the time by focusing on Jesus.  But keep encouraging people to quit drugs.  Jesus is best high there is.  There is nothing higher.  And he is the best cure for any worldly addiction.  There is nothing he can't heal.  And it's there for the asking.

Jas 4:7.  Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Be well in Christ.

Amen.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/19/1982

11 hours ago, BlessedCreator said:

The Bible tells us that Satan is the god of this world, the earth.
Satan is a very powerful being. God has allowed him to act with great influence
and power here. He has the ability to be everwhere at once.
Influencing each and every one of us. He has dominion over the spiritual
kingdom here on earth.

You've probably heard that marijuana is the gateway drug.
It is the gateway drug, but not to other drugs.
It's the gateway drug to the occult, to communication with Satan and demons.

There is a spiritual plane that exists directly over our physical.
Psychedelics & other mind altering drugs are a way to partially access this spiritual dimension & the spirits there.

The Bible tells us that using drugs for this purpose is witchcraft & sin.
In the original greek texts the word that we translate to witchcraft or sorcery
is actually "pharmakeia" : properly, drug-related sorcery, like the practice of magical-arts.
Pharmakeia being derived from the same word pharmacy.

Don't listen to these new age spiritual teachers that get you to try to seek
spiritual matters or salvation through psychedelics & other mind altering drugs.
Jesus Christ is the only way and all your spiritual needs
can be found in the Holy Bible and through guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Yes you can experience part of the spiritual plane through psychedelics but the experience
is controlled by Satan and demons and doing so is sinful. Christians must wait for the Lord
to return to experience the spiritual safely and with a good conscience toward God.

In conclusion, avoid any mind altering substances. The only drugs I take are ibuprofen and Tylenol
on rare occasion of back pain or headache.

Note the drug problem we have everywhere from big cities to small towns. Satan may not be omnipresent but with so many people under his influence by giving into his temptations he is pretty wide spread at the moment. Not good.

I avoid anything pharma as much as possible. They are part of the problem and funny how stuff that worked fine without much side effects are replaced with versions that add problems so you have to take more. I don't even like taking ibuprofen but if I need to I will. We try to stick with the natural medicine as much as possible.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

Alcohol is the excrement of a Organism that Scientist can not classify as an Animal or a Plant, and Noah Drank.

1. Judges 13:4 4Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Ephesians 5:18-20 18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the LORD; 20Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our LORD Jesus Christ;

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Thanks for being spaced out...I mean with your phrasing. :whistling:

:rolleyes:

Psychedelics and Drugs

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

They did open a world that should of remained closed. 

Amen. That's really the entire emphasis of this thread. Aldous Huxley wrote a book about it and have hundreds of others. It was titled, "The Doors Of Perception". It was about his experiences with mescaline, the derivative from the hallucinogenic cactus called, peyote. I'm sure it didn't help him much. Shut the door to the devil. Keep him out.

The Native American Church have been legally allowed to grow, harvest, and consume peyote for many years. The government allows them religious freedom by our Constitution. They demanded their rights. I'm sure it's not helping them either. But they claim, "White man goes to church to pray. We eat peyote and to talk to God."

Wow. That makes a lot of sense. No, not really.  

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,020
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

18 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Psychedelics and Drugs

Amen. That's really the entire emphasis of this thread. Aldous Huxley wrote a book about it and have hundreds of others. It was titled, "The Doors Of Perception". It was about his experiences with mescaline, the derivative from the hallucinogenic cactus peyote. I'm sure it didn't help him much. Shut the door to the devil. Keep his out.

The Native American Church have been legally allowed to grow, harvest, and consume peyote for many years. The government allows them religious freedom by our Constitution. They demanded their rights. I'm sure it's not helping them either. But they claim, "White man goes to church to pray. We eat peyote to talk to God."

Wow. That makes a lot of sense. No, not really.  

Mind Altering Drugs = MAD

The fact that numerous drug abusers have experiences that result in them becoming Christians is not an endorsement of drug use but a testament to God's goodness in setting them free from sin and the bondage it brings.

Isa 59:1  Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

Heb 7:25  Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.

• Thumbs Up 1